Phil Foden - What Is His Potential?

Sir Marcus

I don't care what happens on a football pitch, she got all up in his face and shoved him into a wall, on another day maybe he cracks his head open and dies. No idea why this woman is being painted as the victim, she escalated the situation, the bloke retaliated and then the ape with the extinguisher went even further. Foden himself is about the only one there coming out of that not looking like a total lowlife.
:houllier:

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Say the Police review this video and observe the guy with the fire extinguisher, what sort of charge would he receive?

You don’t swing a device like that at someone’s head without intent to cause severe damage. The fact he missed should not take away the nature of the intent. That was wild.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Say the Police review this video and observe the guy with the fire extinguisher, what sort of charge would he receive?

You don’t swing a device like that at someone’s head without intent to cause severe damage. The fact he missed should not take away the nature of the intent. That was wild.
Well apparently police don’t investigate things in the past so, nothing

RoyH1

Two big crimes being commited here

1. The guy with the fire extinguisher. That was incredibly dangerous. He should be charged by police if they see this video.
2. Partying with your mom.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Two big crimes being commited here

1. The guy with the fire extinguisher. That was incredibly dangerous. He should be charged by police if they see this video.
2. Partying with your mom.
He was at a boxing event. He's hardly out clubbing with his mum.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Literally no reason for people to go out goading celebs/athletes or whoever else.

I just don't get it, just enjoy your night and leave others to it regardless of who they are.

Once he was in his private room, the people around him probably should've left it. But the fact those guys didn't move on immediately suggests they weren't going away anyway.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I think there’s a few in the wrong.

The guys are clearly the worst offenders by giving verbals and following Foden and his family.

However this must happened to most footballers in public at some point and we don’t see their parents retaliating. She could have walked away and closed the door. She seems like a clown as well.

The clown who punched her clearly took a liberty hitting a mouthy woman no doubt under the influence.

Then the guy with the fire extinguisher. Good grief.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Got a messy but vital goal vs Everton on Saturday and bossed the game last night.
Coming back into top form after a subpar few weeks.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It was against lower opposition but he played deeper and produced a great pass for Grealish's goal.

Long term that'll be his position I feel, I just don't think Pep will risk himself and KDB in there at the same time because of how often they'd give the ball away. I think he'll probably move in there in a couple of years when KDB moves on (or Pep). I think he's really be good in midfield in a Klopp team where he'd be playing more of those long passes in behind.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I think he has all the tools to be one of the best players of his generation.

Whether he can avoid any serious injury or has the mentality to match his talent are the only real question marks I have over him.

Nero

People get manipulated because he's 'classy' and 'stylish' on the ball.

Son

If we are talking about just football talent he’s perhaps the best of his generation. Mbappe and Haaland rely more on pace and power.

Foden has a lot more to his overall game and plays in a better side already. Mbappe is maybe more effective but Foden has more skills on the ball.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If we are talking about just football talent he’s perhaps the best of his generation. Mbappe and Haaland rely more on pace and power.

Foden has a lot more to his overall game and plays in a better side already. Mbappe is maybe more effective but Foden has more skills on the ball.
:houllier:

Righteous Steps

Foden has more skills on the ball than Mbappe? Pass me some of what you’re smoking

Son

Foden has more skills on the ball than Mbappe? Pass me some of what you’re smoking
Watch any game City have played PSG in the past year…

One player dominated the other and it’s sure as hell wasn’t Mbappe doing any sort of dominating against City.

Fodens dribbling was insane vs PSG.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Mbappe is the better player, Phil has a better touch and maybe better vision and passing.

The idea mbappe is a pace merchant who only relies on physicality us insane.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
I rate Saka higher I think he’s been the best youngster in the league this season and he’s been carrying us for 2-3 seasons now. Foden is an amazing talent don’t get me wrong but Saka is next level for me.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The comparison is pointless. I never understand how people can see the "ceiling" and "potential" of a player.

Last edited:

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I rate Saka higher I think he’s been the best youngster in the league this season and he’s been carrying us for 2-3 seasons now. Foden is an amazing talent don’t get me wrong but Saka is next level for me.
Saka a level above Foden?
Do you really believe that?

stepic

His pressing today was great at times too. Could only dream of Rashford giving enough of a shit to do that.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
The comparison is pointless. I never understand how people can see the "ceiling" and "potential" of a player.
Or when people get upset that the prevailing opinion is that X player is better than Y player - as if it somehow diminishes how good Y player is.

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Or when people get upset that the prevailing opinion is that X player is better than Y player - as if it somehow diminishes how good Y player is.
Yeah its insane. Saying x is better doesn't mean y is poor. The fact someone says Mbappe is better than Foden doesn't mean Foden isn't world class.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah its insane. Saying x is better doesn't mean y is poor. The fact someone says Mbappe is better than Foden doesn't mean Foden isn't world class.
It's frustrating to read for sure.

Dumb analogy time - me having one million dollars and you having two million dollars doesn't make me any less rich. We're both rich.