Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Can see him going the same way as Evans. Tremendous potential but stagnated by injuries.

jem

I thought Jones started the match well but that didn't last long. Probably some rustiness after being out for a long time. Still think he can turn into a very good CB. Bad game though.
I still think he can come good as well; the injuries are the real problem though, as they rob him of any chance to find consistency.

Esquire

I still think he can come good as well; the injuries are the real problem though, as they rob him of any chance to find consistency.
I like Jones but it's increasingly looking like he is not going to make the grade here. He was appalling yesterday. The thing that's worrying about him is that he plays out of control. This perhaps explains his propensity to get hurt and more importantly, his poor awareness and positioning.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's pointless calling him "amazing potential" because he gets stuck in and has physical attributes. He's always been thick as pig shit and footballing intelligence is key for a defender.

He's never going to make it here and constantly injuring himself will only delay the inevitable a la Anderson.

Litch

Not Utd quality but a good squad player. Could equally still improve but just like Johnny needs to find his level elsewhere

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Not Utd quality but a good squad player. Could equally still improve but just like Johnny needs to find his level elsewhere
Good squad players are players that are dependable, not players that replace an injured player in the 60th minute and go off injured themselves in the 70th minute.

Devil may care

It's pointless calling him "amazing potential" because he gets stuck in and has physical attributes. He's always been thick as pig shit and footballing intelligence is key for a defender.

He's never going to make it here and constantly injuring himself will only delay the inevitable a la Anderson.
The CB version of Anderson is exactly what he is.

Litch

Good squad players are players that are dependable, not players that replace an injured player in the 60th minute and go off injured themselves in the 70th minute.
Good squad players are lots of things. Not sure he intensionally sets out to get injured and very good players get injured too....

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Good squad players are lots of things. Not sure he intensionally sets out to get injured and very good players get injured too....
If he had half a brain he wouldn't get injured so much. He dives into the most ridiculous situations.

El-Manos

Can see him going the same way as Evans. Tremendous potential but stagnated by injuries.
We haven't seen much of that tremendous potential in the last 2 years though. In fact, I don't think he ever has shown us anything extraordinary. We were all a bit influenced by SAF's Jones praise but in truth he is bang average and very injury prone. Lacks the intelligence to make it as a top defender, we should be looking at Stones next summer.

kps88

I remember when he first joined he would go on these crazy rampaging runs from CB, often beating 2-3 players at a time. Was our most exciting young player since Rooney/Ronaldo.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I remember when he first joined he would go on these crazy rampaging runs from CB, often beating 2-3 players at a time. Was our most exciting young player since Rooney/Ronaldo.
Wasn't it from right back?
I remember the Bolton game, he was insane.

Oo0AahCantona

I still think he has a lot to give, he needs a season where he isn't injured for stretches, see what it did to smallings form.

He's still only 23, versatile and has a hell of a lot of experience, he's not a Buttner to just cast off for 4m.

iKeano

Terrible. Today and every day.
When Jones plays, we concede, its that simple.

NK86

He is rash and goes charging in without worrying about his position. The new Duncan Edwards my arse!

criticalanalysis

Smallng suffers massively because Jones doesn't defend (well) on the front foot OR back foot and he doesn't pass well/comfortable in possession (with any opposition within a 10m vicinity). It basically means Smalling has to cover many different facets of the defensive + possession game himself. At least with Blind, he could rely on him doing the passing brunt work and know his positioning gives him time to come across.

Jones 'the more talented' than Smalling, NEVER ever got that.

Minimalist

Bumbling idiot. Another shocking example of low standards currently at this club. Wouldn't start for at least 17 of the 20 PL sides.

Skills

Snitch
I don't get it. He's always a lot better when he's the covering defender and let's Smalling be the aggressor and make all the decisions, but they've completely abandoned that for the last 2 games.

Ixion

Hes a walking brain-fart. He has potential but really needs to work on his focus and being more disciplined.

ZDwyr

He's too reckless! What is with the brainless runs into midfield to try and win the ball? If he fails to win it (which he often does) then we are just so exposed. He needs to cut that out. He still has time but if he can't turn it around then he could be gone.

AttackingFlair

This guy is stealing a living. He's just got worse and worse as his career has gone on. No brain either.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
He's too reckless! What is with the brainless runs into midfield to try and win the ball? If he fails to win it (which he often does) then we are just so exposed. He needs to cut that out. He still has time but if he can't turn it around then he could be gone.
Ive been trying to explain this to my brother for years, but everytime we play fifa he constantly does a Phil Jones with a CB.

United22

I've never ever seen the talent in this guy and I've wanted him out from the start. He has pretty much been getting progressively worse and this doesn't even take into account the ridiculous number of injuries that he has been having over the last few years

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was fine against Stoke. People badmouthing him seem to be brainless.
I'm not sure, I can understand he was ok vs Stoke but overall he has a footballing IQ of dusty bin.

Boycott

If you swapped him with Shawcross, Stoke fans would feel they're being downgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.