Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

Just get rid. He can’t be relied upon, what’s the point.

haram

Literally how is he injured again? What happened? What a joke.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He usually gives us a good 5-6 weeks every season when everyone else is injured, we can't even seem to get that out of him this time.

Meep

Ok, so clearly he needs to work on strength and flexibility in his muscles and joints. Really I think that his injury records at united does raise some questions mark over the work of the physio-department at the club. What are they doing to prevent this happening over and over again?

Clearly Phil has a problem listening to his body signals and/or maybe a hard time with saying NO Im not ready. But somewhere in this there should be a team working with his body right that should help him take better decisions? Combine this with Lukakus weight gain and you really start to wonder what is happening at the training centre..

CA1

Injured again.

I think at his best he's a decent defender but considering he's out of contract in the summer, he has to go.

red4ever 79

Has to leave in the summer on a free. Club cannot keep an asset that has no useful life. That would be negligent to do so.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Even I didn't expect him to be injured that quickly, and I gave up on him as Manchester United player long time ago. I wonder when will our board offer him a new contract?

Stadjer

I remember seeing him limp a little bit after a interception against Southampton but i didnt think it was an actual injury since he finished that game...

Dont know if it was that moment but seriously.... Injured again?! What is the point of having Phil Jones in your selection?

stevoc

Harsh we've had 4 games out of him already this season and it's only early December. He's well on course for his usual 15-20 game season when the universe aligns and he manages to stay fit for a little 4-6 week run in the side at some point.

We should probably give him a new deal as well, lest we forget he had that decent spell in 16/17 when he played 9-10 games in a row.

Man Utd 4:1 Fulham

Irwin99

Was looking so comfortable and assured until he moved to the other centre back position when Smalling came off. Good performance up until that moment.

Loublaze

ATLien
Lost his man who Herrera fouled for their penalty the fell asleep and let Sessegnon in with a chance to score (he should've). Still a poor player even against crap opposition

Stadjer

He was flying away from that Fulham player just before the penalty... the penalty was harsh but it was (partly) Jones his fault that Herrera had to make that tackle. Also lost Sessegnon which was dangerous.

Injured too often and brainfart moments when he is playing... when he isnt injured and not having his brainfart moments he is a pretty good defender.

Please dont give him a new contract...

Minimalist

Thought he looked poor today and Fulham weren't really testing us much.

Lost his man who Herrera fouled for their penalty the fell asleep and let Sessegnon in with a chance to score (he should've). Still a poor player even against crap opposition
That was on De Gea easily as much as Jones. He should have been screaming at him that he had a man on.

Still, wont be too long before he's injured again.

Irwin99

Genuine question but is it that difficult to switch and adjust sides in the centre back positions during a match? I'm baffled by how much that changed his performance. He just seemed to lose all awareness after what was a very decent game from him before the switch.

red4ever 79

Again poor. It's not an agenda, genuinely switches off at least once every game. The club needs to cut him loose in the summer and let him go.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Genuine question but is it that difficult to switch and adjust sides in the centre back positions during a match? I'm baffled by how much that changed his performance. He just seemed to lose all awareness after what was a very decent game from him before the switch.
It probably has more to do with Smalling organising and going off, and when Rojo replaced him he had to take that role, which complicate things for him. Think he did really well first half with his tackles etc. He is really good at reading passes aimed behind the defence and intercepting them in his area. Lost a bit of awareness playing on the right as you said, he is a weird player.

kidbob

He'll go down as a what could have been for me, along with guys like Anderson. The talent is there to see but injuries have really stopped him from fully developing and especially developing the sort of senses a centre half needs. There's still flashes and even full games where you think that he could have become a monster of a defender. Alas we should have moved him on a long time ago just like Anderson ironically. Players like that are very unlikely to ever overcome the injury problems.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
He'll go down as a what could have been for me, along with guys like Anderson. The talent is there to see but injuries have really stopped him from fully developing and especially developing the sort of senses a centre half needs. There's still flashes and even full games where you think that he could have become a monster of a defender. Alas we should have moved him on a long time ago just like Anderson ironically. Players like that are very unlikely to ever overcome the injury problems.
It's strange to think, that at the age of only 30, that Anderson, having been to three Champions League finals and scoring in the shootout in 2008, is now playing in the second tier of Turkish football.

Foxbatt

It's strange to think, that at the age of only 30, that Anderson, having been to three Champions League finals and scoring in the shootout in 2008, is now playing in the second tier of Turkish football.
I think his downward trend started when Quiroz left. When he was good he was very good especially when he partnered with Hargreaves in midfield. What surprised me was how many games he played and how much he was involved in some of our amazing goals.
It was his pass to Berbatov to pull out the rabbit that Ronaldo scored. In a drubbing of Arsenal it was his flick over the defender's head that Welbeck scored to start the demolition. It was very difficult to get the ball out of him too and he has a good pass in his left foot and he is very quick too. Just that he runs out of gas by the 70th minute. But originally he never was a box to box or defensive midfield player. He was an attacking midfield player.

Yes now he is at Turkey and I hope he does not take a fancy to all the khebabs or he is going to put on more weight. Any Turkish fans here? How is Ando doing?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Poor Ando. SAF obsession with a midfield two make it difficult for any flair player with average physic to survive. Xavi would be dying exhausted at every 70 min. playing 100 mph game in this League.

Hughes35

Such a strange player. Plays 30 mins like Rio then just out of nowhere there is always a massive error, then has another very solid period before anther massive error.

He's the same every game...... for the 10 games a year he's fit

Camilo

You can see how good Jones could be every time he plays. He's as good as any CB on the ball, and generally he reads the game really well. With the ball he makes good, confident decisions, whereas Mike generally shits the bed or plays it safe.

Will the moments of stupidity ever stop? And will be ever stay fit? Jones and Rojo should've started yesterday, and probably should in games against weak opposition. They allow the midfield to be a midfield.

Mcking

You can see how good Jones could be every time he plays. He's as good as any CB on the ball, and generally he reads the game really well. With the ball he makes good, confident decisions, whereas Mike generally shits the bed or plays it safe.

Will the moments of stupidity ever stop? And will be ever stay fit? Jones and Rojo should've started yesterday, and probably should in games against weak opposition. They allow the midfield to be a midfield.
Yea, Jones and Rojo should have started despite the fact we had our best 45 minutes of the season, completely dominated the game, scored 3 and conceded none with Smalling on the pitch.

arthurka

???

How people rate Rojo is beyond með.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I thought jones was good yesterday for about 70 minutes then switched off. Perhaps fitness?

Was good to see a cb that competes with aggression and was confident passing the ball

Camilo

Yea, Jones and Rojo should have started despite the fact we had our best 45 minutes of the season, completely dominated the game, scored 3 and conceded none with Smalling on the pitch.
Hilarious.

Raw

First United player to score an OG in the CL since himself in 2011.

Get in the bin Jones. Get in the fecking bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.