Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I hope it's not like the "Fletcher" situation. He's out for weeks at a time thrithr "illness".

Alemar

Does this mysterious illness count for his extraordinary injury statistics?

steakpie

Where is he? Was the contract renewed just so we can sell him?

We pay him 70k a week (estimate), £3.5m a year, to play 5-10 times a season. Ridiculous.
Meanwhile the club can't even pay the ground staff the living wage which would cost around £400k a year extra.

Man Utd 2:1 Watford

Swiss_Red89

I know he's injured a lot. And sometimes he makes silly mistakes. But am i the only one who thinks he's quite good? he plays good 95% of the games. I like him. Get in Jonsey

Minimalist

Fairs fair. I was worried - I don't rate him, but him and Smalling were solid and about the only good thing we had today.

lysglimt

Scout
Jones was superb - him and Smalling both deserve a 9 today. Jones is a very good defender - I can't understand People thinking we should have let his contract run out.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
A usual Jones performance, in that he'll get some wondering why he's been slated, then next game he'll hack someone down or look lost.
He largely did well today though. He could've done more for their goal however.

Classical Mechanic

I know he's injured a lot. And sometimes he makes silly mistakes. But am i the only one who thinks he's quite good? he plays good 95% of the games. I like him. Get in Jonsey
He's a very good defender but he makes too many bloopers. His peculiar facial expressions also curse him with a hapless countenance in his bad moments, which makes him a figure of fun.

Devil may care

For someone who's been out a couple of months that was a sharp defensive display, just behind Shaw for MOTM in my view.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I think he's good too, if only if he could stay fit. I think he's often very rusty when first coming back to the team following injury or even being rotated out of the first XI. Kind of like how Rooney was, even more pronounced if anything. With the number of times Jones gets injured, he's often 1-5 games back into his recovery before he gets injured again so he's playing rusty often.

All the above is why I'm pleasantly surprised today. Atypical of him to hit the ground running imo, played well.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Jones was superb - him and Smalling both deserve a 9 today. Jones is a very good defender - I can't understand People thinking we should have let his contract run out.
Because after good performance at OT against some weak or solid team comes one shocking performance against some good or excellent team. Same circle all over again. 7 years now. With him and fans. He destroys against Watford or Newcastle then comes game against Leicester, Spurs, Burnley, Chelsea, Derby...

People just have short memory, i guess.

Paul_Scholes18

I agree with you. He is better on the ball than Smalling and I do think he is better at deep defending over Lindelöf.

I guess the simple thing would be to play those in form from these 3 and pick those suited for the game. Against Barcelona I think we can really need Phil Jones because his physicality can help and we are going to have to defend fairly deep against them too.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Fair play Phil. Shaky start but bounced back very well. He is likeable and brings a bit of character and personality to our team, imo.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Man of the match today and stood up when the team needed him. Fair play.

Started abysmally and grew into the game, by the end he'd played well. We absolutely have to replace him though if we want to progress, same goes for Smalling. They continually invite pressure on and off the ball.

Jones to his credit does seem to have the ability but next to someone as poor on the ball as Smalling he seems to mimic him instead of taking the reigns.

NoPace

I generally think he makes us chaotic at the back but I think right now I'd play this at the Nou Camp:

----------Martial---Rashford-----------
-----Pogba--McTominay-Herrera-----
Shaw-Jones-Smalling-Lindelof-Young

and hope we can catch them on the break, we're not going to have the ball anyways and that's a good amount of size and mobility everywhere.

FujiVice

The Phil Jones pattern.

Game 1 - Great game.
Game 2 - Decent game with mistake.
Game 3 - Possible own goal or generally gets turned inside out.
Game 4 - Injuries himself 10 minutes after doing a funny face while we are losing.

Sylar

Is there a joke im missing with the threadmark showing Wigan instead of Watford? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.