Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

The amount of dead wood still at the club is unbelievable. Phil Jones leaving the club will be a big step in the right direction. He is a travesty and it is an absolute embarrassment that he is still at the club. The FA Cup final was the final straw for me, I can’t believe he wasn’t sold after that.
Would have left if we signed another CB most likely. Just when you think we’ll never see Phil again due to a brain fart or OG, he gets another start due to others being injured or not fit. Would not be surprised if he starts against Liverpool.

Eric's Seagull

Would have left if we signed another CB most likely. Just when you think we’ll never see Phil again due to a brain fart or OG, he gets another start due to others being injured or not fit. Would not be surprised if he starts against Liverpool.
WWe'd lose our Director of Farting if he left: Brain Farting :lol:

Havak

Pokemon master
I think I will lose what faith I have left in the club if Phil Jones is offered another contract at United. He's here until June 2019 but I assume there is a one-year extension on that which will be activated - hopefully, so we can sell him for a bit of money in the Summer.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Imagine that he gets a new contract now? Maybe Ed will think; " I will give him new contract and allow new manager to sell him". And you can't sell Phil Jones.

dove

Imagine that he gets a new contract now? Maybe Ed will think; " I will give him new contract and allow new manager to sell him". And you can't sell Phil Jones.
I think that's what will happen and he will survive yet again.

Sir Scott McToMinay

I think I will lose what faith I have left in the club if Phil Jones is offered another contract at United. He's here until June 2019 but I assume there is a one-year extension on that which will be activated - hopefully, so we can sell him for a bit of money in the Summer.
Oh hell no, just no, no any sort of extensions, just let him leave for free in the summer.
Wish him well, seperate as friends but please no extensions.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Would take the news worse than I took Fellaini's. It would be a fecking travesty.

Havak

Pokemon master
Oh hell no, just no, no any sort of extensions, just let him leave for free in the summer.
Wish him well, seperate as friends but please no extensions.
The club will be too tight to let him go on a free I think... One-year extension with the intention of selling him before the new season starts.

-Supreme-

The club will be too tight to let him go on a free I think... One-year extension with the intention of selling him before the new season starts.
There is no option to extend his contract for another year so he will either leave for nothing next summer or woody will be stupid enough to give him a long term contract

Sir Scott McToMinay

But they won’t be too tight to pay his high wages when he’s not available for work for 90% of the time?
Yeah he has got to go on, as soon as posable. Release is from these players who’ve been here for way way longer than they should’ve, let them all go for crying out loud.

Djemba-Djemba

Jones being given a new contract would be the stupidest thing we've done post Fergie.

And we've done a lot of stupid things post Fergie.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ole is a warm hearted guy and probably give him a chance to play few matches here and there, but it's so painfully obvious it's game over. Of course Jones can injure himself so badly, the doctors will diagnose him with being unable to remove from Manchester hospital.

We've seen some truly absurd things from Phil so watch this space.

manunited1919

I just wonder why Jose never played him as a defensive midfielder or as a right back. SAF used to play him as right back and as midfielder as well. Maybe Phelan will remember and try to stick him as a CDM a game or two. Might be an improvement on Matic.

3KDré

He was decent but I still don't think he should start for us. He's not reliable at all.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I just wonder why Jose never played him as a defensive midfielder or as a right back. SAF used to play him as right back and as midfielder as well. Maybe Phelan will remember and try to stick him as a CDM a game or two. Might be an improvement on Matic.
I've always said he should settle into a defensive midfield role for us.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Compared to Lindelof, almost 3 times as many headers won, 4 times as many tackles+interceptions, 6 times as many clearances, 18% better passing accuracy, 18 more touches, 11 more passes, 5/5 long balls to 1/8, 89% aeriel duels won to 60% for Lindelof. Of course he was only ok though while Lindelof was amazing. People are so stuck in their ways they refuse to give him any credit.

kidbob

Was excellent today. He will probably never get over his injury problems but I'll always feel like that is all that stopped him from becoming a top class defender. He is incredibly underrated passer of the ball from the back too.

A-man

Compared to Lindelof, almost 3 times as many headers won, 4 times as many tackles+interceptions, 6 times as many clearances, 18% better passing accuracy, 18 more touches, 11 more passes, 5/5 long balls to 1/8, 89% aeriel duels won to 60% for Lindelof. Of course he was only ok though while Lindelof was amazing. People are so stuck in their ways they refuse to give him any credit.
He was very good today. Lindelof slightly better according to most people, which shows how stats really arent everthing Amount of passes, how good indication of great game from a CB is that? If you have good placement you dont need to tackle, in that kind of stats you will never see when he screwed up the offside, etc.

Ekeke

He was very good today. Lindelof slightly better according to most people, which shows how stats really arent everthing, amount of passes etc. If you have good placement you dont need to tackle, in that kind of stats you will never see when he screwed up the offside, etc.
Also shows bias

A-man

Also shows bias
Of course ”most people” are biased after his latest horror performance, but as I said he was good today. And I think Lindelof and Jones did very well together considering how few minutes they have together.

Ekeke

Of course ”most people” are biased after his latest horror performance, but as I said he was good today. And I think Lindelof and Jones did very well together considering how few minutes they have together.
Agree. But I just said that as, if Lindelof had the same stats Jones had today suddenly everyone would be glorifying them. But because it was Jones and not Lindelof its not the same narrative.

A-man

Agree. But I just said that as, if Lindelof had the same stats Jones had today suddenly everyone would be glorifying them. But because it was Jones and not Lindelof its not the same narrative.
That is probably true today, but would have been the opposite half a year ago when everybody hated Lindelof. However I think it was great to see that Solskjaer played Jones today. Good move.

Devil may care

He was decent but I just don't see any reason why he's not the one we sell to make room for a CB upgrade as he simply cannot stay fit, he has missed almost 2 thirds of our last 144 games.

izec

He was decent but I just don't see any reason why he's not the one we sell to make room for a CB upgrade as he simply cannot stay fit, he has missed almost 2 thirds of our last 144 games.
Rojo will go and i wouldnt be surprised if one of Jones/Bailly join him. Depends if we go for one CB or maybe two/Tuanzebe

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He was very good today. Lindelof slightly better according to most people, which shows how stats really arent everthing Amount of passes, how good indication of great game from a CB is that? If you have good placement you dont need to tackle, in that kind of stats you will never see when he screwed up the offside, etc.
Not slightly better, Jones thread got a few okays and decents while Lindelof's was inundated with claims he was incredible and his match ratings was an entire 0.6 better.

Amount of passes shows that despite Lindelof meant to be the ball player and Jones apparently being shit on the ball, Jones was still the one getting on the ball more and playing out with it. Also shows how he was made 100% of his long balls while Lindelof attempted long ball after long ball which all went incomplete.

Good placement doesn't negate having to tackle or intercept. You still need to recover the ball.

It also doesn't show Lindelof getting outdone by a random hoof down the field and letting his man run right by him. Or the amount of times he is so useless aerially that he doesn't even bother to challenge for it.

Simple fact is Jones was doing twice as much defending out there while also show just as good quality on the ball, if not better. And people refuse to give him the credit he deserves. Lindelof on the other hand had a good game and is praised as incredible.

Impressive performance.
Agree, and we all know he has it in him - but he can never stay fit to get any sort of consistancy. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to a mid level club who are not in Europe and with a lot more rest, he could be one of the best CBs in the league.

arthurka

His position wasnt great but he played very well. Lindelof brought the ball better up the field but Jones was oustanding in the air. They did very well together.

Loublaze

ATLien
At this point he's pretty much here because he's a long serving well liked player, much like Rafael was until LVG sold him. He's not as well liked as Rafael was by the supporters though. Im being facetious. I agree with you though, I don't see the point in holding on to and rewarding a player with contracts when he's seldom fit or consistently good enough to do his job.

Renegade

No point getting excited, he’ll be injured in a few games. This false dawn has happened too often. He needs to go.

Bwuk

Agree, and we all know he has it in him - but he can never stay fit to get any sort of consistancy. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to a mid level club who are not in Europe and with a lot more rest, he could be one of the best CBs in the league.
Absolute no chance of that.

Any decent team put pressure on him and he f*cks it.

Status
Not open for further replies.