Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Ok, so to clear this up (because I agree that saying someone that had a heart attack could be seen as stealing a living is very wrong) you admit i never said that, then?

The Robben and Van Basten examples are bad examples, again, because they're much better players and worth taking a gamble on. I didn't say you were comparing them as players, in fact it's clear you weren't because that would make it an even sillier example. You compared the situations though which, for the reasons I've already highlighted, is dumb. As for getting back on topic, how does discussing my thoughts about paid sick leave do that?
No you did say that. You previously asked me to show quotes and I did (I'll repost them here if your bullshit about Van Basten distracted you or others). They were not taken out of context or edited as you claimed in your previous rebuttal. and there's no shame in admitting you were wrong or revising your opinion on Phil Jones' stealing a living if you're as disgusted as I am by your reasoning.

Again, my point with Van Basten was to say using unforeseen career threatening injuries to criticize a contract extension in the past is ludicrous.
There was no comparison made between Van Basten and Jones' situation or playing ability. You're obviously aware of this, but any time wasted on discussing your mischaracterization of my post gets you away from discussing your disgusting thoughts on people "collecting a fat paycheque" that are recovering from injury. Because in your own words, why would you not apply the "collecting a paycheque" line to well known heart patients such as Blind or Eriksen?
Agreed. Calling Jones 'shit' is a bit far but the rallying around a player that has never looked top class for us, has missed more games than he's played, all while picking up a lovely big paycheck is weird. It was a punt that didn't work out...nobody's fault but we should have moved on from it ages ago.
Would you make the same paycheck criticism if it was Blind or Eriksen being unavailable due to an injury on an existing contract?
Um...yes. Why wouldn't one?!
I don't think there's much left to discuss. You can admit your reasoning led to some disgusting conclusions that should make you question your stance on paid sick leave or you can own up to the fact that not working because you got sick means you're just "collecting a wage" and therefore employers should be able to f*ck you once you get sick.

Last edited:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Jones was a decent player and would've been been even better without the injuries obviously. He seems to have become 'mediocre' now people are ranting about him.

Pickle85

No you did say that. You previously asked me to show quotes and I did (I'll repost them here if your bullshit about Van Basten distracted you or others). They were not taken out of context or edited as you claimed in your previous rebuttal. and there's no shame in admitting you were wrong or revising your opinion on Phil Jones' stealing a living if you're as disgusted as I am by your reasoning.

Again, my point with Van Basten was to say using unforeseen career threatening injuries to criticize a contract extension in the past is ludicrous.
There was no comparison made between Van Basten and Jones' situation or playing ability. You're obviously aware of this, but any time wasted on discussing your mischaracterization of my post gets you away of discussing your disgusting thoughts on people "collecting a fat paycheque" that are recovering from injury. Because in your own words, why would you not apply to the "collecting a paycheque" line to well known heart patients such as Blind or Eriksen?

I don't think there's much left to discuss. You can admit your reasoning led to some disgusting conclusions that should make you question your stance on paid sick leave or you can own up to the fact that not working because you got sick means you're just "collecting a wage" and therefore employers should be able to f*ck you once you get sick.
I actually have to hold my hands up here and admit that I did not put two and two together and realise that you mentioned Blind and Eriksen because of their heart issues. I thought you were just using two random footballers as examples, which is embarrassing for me! That's my bad. Of course I absolutely think that in those situations the clubs need to do the right thing and look after them. I do think the Phil Jones situation is very different though.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I actually have to hold my hands up here and admit that I did not put two and two together and realise that you mentioned Blind and Eriksen because of their heart issues. I thought you were just using two random footballers as examples, which is embarrassing for me! That's my bad. Of course I absolutely think that in those situations the clubs need to do the right thing and look after them. I do think the Phil Jones situation is very different though.
You referenced Jones' missed games, which happened while he was injured and recovering from said injury and mentioned "collecting a pay cheque" with regards to those missed games.

What is the difference between having your knee removed and having a heart attack with regards to "collecting a pay cheque" while recovering from either injury?
The latter could be life threatening?

Pickle85

You referenced Jones' missed games, which happened while he was injured and recovering from said injury and mentioned "collecting a pay cheque" with regards to those missed games.

What is the difference between having your knee removed and having a heart attack with regards to "collecting a pay cheque" while recovering from either injury?
Well...yes?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Well...yes?
Okay. I think it's a fecked up distinction with regards to paid sick leave. Either injury prevents them from working. But it's okay to chastise the dude that lost his finger in the assembly line for collecting a paycheque because it's not life threatening? I doubt Jones' knee will grow back, the severed finger just sounds more dramatic.

city-puma

I have to wonder whether you know what the others are talking about.
we are criticizing the insults some fans here put on Jones who has been a honorable man and a quality player. He unfortunately has had injury issues over a few years and his playing career has been seriously damaged due to it. Now, some claim he is stealing wages and is a kind of despicable thief. It’s an unacceptable behavior. Labor law protects him as same as anyone who runs into the similar situation. Is it even upon arguing?!

Pickle85

Yeah, I think maybe we're arguing about different things. I agree that Jones is within his rights to do what he's been doing but, per my first comment below, don't think we should have put ourselves in this position as a club in the first place.
Sorry but this is a nonsense. The reality is that we've spent a large amount of money on a player that's been mostly injured. To comment on his injury record negatively doesn't in any way reflect badly on the poster (depending upon how it's done, of course).

city-puma

Yeah, I think maybe we're arguing about different things. I agree that Jones is within his rights to do what he's been doing but, per my first comment below, don't think we should have put ourselves in this position as a club in the first place.
Right.
I remember after his comeback game against Wolf that I read he shared his experience on a normal day out with his young daughter. He was confronted and insulted by the so called fans with his daughter witnessing the whole thing. Imagine you were out into that situation…
This is very sad.

Pickle85

Right.
I remember after his comeback game against Wolf that I read he shared his experience on a normal day out with his young daughter. He was confronted and insulted by the so called fans with his daughter witnessing the whole thing. Imagine you were out into that situation…
This is very sad.
Yeah, that's crappy. People are awful tbf. It's a shame it's come to this with him but we should never have renewed him. I know hindsight is 20/20 but there was always a bigger potential downside than upside to that

city-puma

Yeah, that's crappy. People are awful tbf. It's a shame it's come to this with him but we should never have renewed him. I know hindsight is 20/20 but there was always a bigger potential downside than upside to that
No one really knows imo. It’s no different than gambling. I would renew his contract at that time if I was in charge. What happened later have been just unfortunate. Shit happens and quite often it happens one by one seemly perpetual. Many people experienced that in their journey of life for different reasons.

redcucumber

No one really knows imo. It’s no different than gambling. I would renew his contract at that time if I was in charge. What happened later have been just unfortunate. Shit happens and quite often it happens one by one seemly perpetual. Many people experienced that in their journey of life for different reasons.
He had only played 19 or so games when he was given that 4 year contract. Prior to that, his injury record was extensive and the club were well aware of his situation - as was just about anyone who followed football. It was a really bad decision and shouldn't have happened.

It's quite an odd thing to defend, given we all know how incompetent the club (Woodward and Matt Judge) has been with handling contracts and renewals.

Smores

It's ridiculous to compare Blind/Eriksen with Jones circumstance. Jones even before his knee surgery had missed big chunks of all prior seasons due to hamstring injuries amongst others. He's been here a long time his record is his record.

We're not talking about letting someone recover from a one off injury. It's a pattern of being unable to stay fit.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It's ridiculous to compare Blind/Eriksen with Jones circumstance. Jones even before his knee surgery had missed big chunks of all prior seasons due to hamstring injuries amongst others. He's been here a long time his record is his record.

We're not talking about letting someone recover from a one off injury. It's a pattern of being unable to stay fit.
Good job taking the post out of context. Read the exchange.

Paul_Scholes18

He actually had a good run before we renewed, but with his injury record we knew the risk.

Doracle

He was supposed to go on loan to Bordeaux in January but refused it.

He just needs to be told you are not playing again and please leave.
Why? We need some back up CBs and he did a good job when we used him last season. Fine if he wants to leave to get some football but there is no need for us to be throwing him out.

Flying_Heckfish

Why? We need some back up CBs and he did a good job when we used him last season. Fine if he wants to leave to get some football but there is no need for us to be throwing him out.
A back up is only useful if they're available. Enough of this argument, his record speaks for itself. Should've gone years ago.

Doracle

A back up is only useful if they're available. Enough of this argument, his record speaks for itself. Should've gone years ago.
Sure, but he didn’t. CB is definitely not a priority this summer and if we are getting rid of one it should be Bailly. We don’t want to be spending any money on that position this year. Jones is fine to hang around for another year.

Flying_Heckfish

Sure, but he didn’t. CB is definitely not a priority this summer and if we are getting rid of one it should be Bailly. We don’t want to be spending any money on that position this year. Jones is fine to hang around for another year.
Not if he isn't going to be available, which all evidence suggests will be the case. Both should be gone, but literally any offer for Jones should see him leave.

SeanyC

Just picking up a paycheque which I don’t blame him but the people upstairs really need to cut there losses with this guy.

Belisarius

I would like to see him begin the year as a starter. He'll probably get injured soon enough. But, until he does, he would be better than either Lindelof or Maguire.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He rejected a move in January. I am pretty certain he doesn't care about playing and is happy topping up his pension every week, another f*ck up by the board. All the power to him though.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He rejected a move in January. I am pretty certain he doesn't care about playing and is happy topping up his pension every week, another f*ck up by the board. All the power to him though.
Yep. He is happy just being a part of first team and getting big money for it.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The reason he rejected the move is because he was only going to be back-up there as well. Why would he uproot his entire family for six months (or alternatively go there by himself and leave his family behind) to go sit on the bench? From all accounts he was up for the move when he thought he'd be a regular starter.

FireballXL5

The reason he rejected the move is because he was only going to be back-up there as well. Why would he uproot his entire family for six months (or alternatively go there by himself and leave his family behind) to go sit on the bench? From all accounts he was up for the move when he thought he'd be a regular starter.
How on earth could he expect to be a regular starter for anybody when he gets injured every 5 minutes?

devips

When I find in these pages how some people treat a player's unfortunate injuries - a player who has provided unflinching and unstinted loyal service to the club for a long time - it makes me feel ashamed on behalf of these so-called fans.

I want to spit on their faces.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
When I find in these pages how some people treat a player's unfortunate injuries - a player who has provided unflinching and unstinted loyal service to the club for a long time - it makes me feel ashamed on behalf of these so-called fans.

I want to spit on their faces.
Loyal service?:lol:. There are thousands of players who would be over the moon to provide that kind of "loyal service". 80-100k per week in United or 10-15k in some bottom table club. Hm, what to choose, what to choose?
He will get around 15 mil during his current contract. What did he gave to club in that period? Absolutely nothing.
We are behaving like charity with him ffs.

While common people losing their jobs when they got seriously ill and can't provide food to their families you are taking some kind of morale stand over fecking multimillionaire who had bad luck with football injuries (in period when he played for one of the biggest clubs in the world, earn millions and won medals).

Phil Jones until 2018 was a Man Utd player. He was injured a lot but he did have some good periods. At least he played.
From 2018 he is a definition of leecher. Now go on, spit on me.

Stadjer

Loyal service?:lol:. There are thousands of players who would be over the moon to provide that kind of "loyal service". 80-100k per week in United or 10-15k in some bottom table club. Hm, what to choose, what to choose?
He will get around 15 mil during his current contract. What did he gave to club in that period? Absolutely nothing.
We are behaving like charity with him ffs.

While common people losing their jobs when they got seriously ill and can't provide food to their families you are taking some kind of morale stand over fecking multimillionaire who had bad luck with football injuries (in period when he played for one of the biggest clubs in the world, earn millions and won medals).

Phil Jones until 2018 was a Man Utd player. He was injured a lot but he did have some good periods. At least he played.
From 2018 he is a definition of leecher. Now go on, spit on me.
Agree.

Loyal service though... like he had a choice. His loyality wasnt exactly tested by Real Madrid wanting to sign him or PSG offering him mega money. I assume that during his stay atleast one smaller club considered him an option but turning those down to sit on the Manchester United bench or be injured as a Manchester United player isnt exactly showing loyality.

If anything, Manchester United has been way too loyal to him with the contract he got to sign despite his injury record. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.