Phil Jones will outlast Ronaldo and the Glazers

Maticmaker

Phil's greatest moment as a United player is yet to come... when he stands in for Casemiro tomorrow!!

glasgow 21

He will outlast me the way the finances / takeover or no takeover is going.

Kaos

I know his contracts up in 2024, but it feels wrong that he's holding onto number 4. Should be given to Varane in the summer.

NK86

I know his contracts up in 2024, but it feels wrong that he's holding onto number 4. Should be given to Varane in the summer.
I thought his contract is up this summer.

studs

Phil Jones is still sucking on that everlasting gobstopper he got from Willy Wonka.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I think we can safely say, We won’t be taking him up on that year
Defo not, be worried if Ole was still here we would be extending it. Surprised he isnt leaving the club this window to get some game time, unless hes done and just collecting the wage while he can.

Chairman Steve

No chance of giving him the additional year if ETH has booted him out the squad. What the feck is he even doing now? Surely he can’t be injured so is he training with the academy boys? Is he just sitting at home? Don’t think I’ve even seen photos of him in training this season because it’d be a fairly big deal if it was, considering how he’s a meme for us.

Still when that day comes and he departs, I can’t wait to yell another ‘feck you Ed Woodward’ at the sky.

Waynne

No chance of giving him the additional year if ETH has booted him out the squad. What the feck is he even doing now? Surely he can’t be injured so is he training with the academy boys? Is he just sitting at home? Don’t think I’ve even seen photos of him in training this season because it’d be a fairly big deal if it was, considering how he’s a meme for us.

Still when that day comes and he departs, I can’t wait to yell another ‘feck you Ed Woodward’ at the sky.
Was just thinking this.
Havent seen any images of him around the club lately.
He's been stealing a paycheck at the club for years.

ReallyUSA

He is a legend. After twenty years, all that matters if the trophies and the money. He will have both

Nori-

He's been stealing a living for years. Shameless.

I'd be embarrassed to show my face anywhere around the club if I was him.

I hope when he's gone, we never celebrate or mention his name again.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I’m gonna mention him all the time to you and remind you how he’s taken money off your kitchen table

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
That’s what bothers me. He really should’ve given that number up. I have a lot of sympathies for his injuries. Jones always gave a 100%, and no matter what anyone says, he was a fantastic player but was absolutely decimated by injury. He could have been a world class CB if he’d stayed injury free. But the time for that was about 7-8 years ago. How he’s stayed at the club this long is simply remarkable. Quite a feat. That and rank incompetence at board room level. I’d love to see a total of how much he’s pulled down in wages the last five years, where his contribution has been so negligible as to be as close as dammit to zero.

Either way he’ll be off in the summer. He’ll always be a “what could have been” character for me. He became a figure of fun in here, and for some even vilification. That was never right. I’ll be glad to save the wages and trim the bloated squad with his departure, but I really hope he somehow manages a couple of good years at a lower level somewhere.

redcucumber

Is he still our number 4?! :lol: incredibly bizarre situation that'll surely never, ever be allowed to happen again.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It’s mad how Phil Jones has survived under like 6 managers and he’s still here getting paid for absolutely nothing. How has he not been released?! No one’s gonna buy him so we’ve just got to pay off his contract. Should never of been renewed.

I’d love to see a total of how much he’s pulled down in wages the last five years, where his contribution has been so negligible as to be as close as dammit to zero.
It’s not ”close to zero”, it’s in the minus. Not only has he cost wages, he’s a constant cost for the medical team, physios etc.
The last contract he was given was one of the most bizarre in football. If someone really wanted to keep him for one last chance, he should’ve been offered a deal on tiny wages, those of a new academy graduate, with big appearance bonuses.

Uniquim

He's still here isnt he? transfer window closes soon too. What's that?, 5m a year for doing nothing?
He has been here for 12 years, that must qualify him as a Man utd legend now.
It’s mad how Phil Jones has survived under like 6 managers and he’s still here getting paid for absolutely nothing. How has he not been released?! No one’s gonna buy him so we’ve just got to pay off his contract. Should never of been renewed.

Doing nothing? He's played 1322 minutes of football during that 5-year contract.
So roughly 14 1/2 games total if you add all the minutes together.

dinostar77

I rarely have sympthy for footballers. After all the ones in the PL earn more per week than regular people do in a year.

However jones injury that kept him out for so long is a really bad one. When he gets into his 40s and beyond he wont be able to walk without being in excrucating pain never mind trying to run or jump.

Should have been medically retired by the club and he should also accept he needs to retire medically.

redcucumber

I rarely have sympthy for footballers. After all the ones in the PL earn more per week than regular people do in a year.

However jones injury that kept him out for so long is a really bad one. When he gets into his 40s and beyond he wont be able to walk without being in excrucating pain never mind trying to run or jump.

Should have been medically retired by the club and he should also accept he needs to retire medically.
That sounds extreme.. how could you possibly know this out of interest?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Wait now I'm genuinely curious, what is he actually doing?

el3mel

He played grand total of 13 games (6 in the league) in last 4 seasons, and still getting his salary regularly every week. I'll honestly kill to have a job as easy as this. Imagine having a job in which you do feck all and receive +100k a week for 4 years ? :drool:

dinostar77

That sounds extreme.. how could you possibly know this out of interest?
There was a article about his operation and his knee injury. The lateral and medial meniscus is gone completely. This layer is the padding between the bones of the bottom of the femur and the top of the fibula. Without it the bones grind against each other. It is supposed to be really really painful for everyday life never mind football.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Doing nothing? He's played 1322 minutes of football during that 5-year contract.
So roughly 14 1/2 games total if you add all the minutes together.
And that’s doing something? :lol: I play a game every Sunday in Sunday league and get nothing :lol:

Todd

If he's showing up to training and doing what they ask of him then I don't see a problem. It's not like he controls whether or not he's in the matchday squad.

stevoc

No idea how he can just hold onto it, it should have been taken off him if he's not going to be involved in the squad this year.