Phil Neville | Portland Timbers head coach | In sexist row

Spaghetti

Mom's
Scored a couple of late winners and looked really good in the last couple of game.

Phil is doing muy bien at the moment.

arthurka

Credit is due here after the hammering.
Phil seems to know his stuff he is sophisticated after all and a linguist. Bueno Phil, muy bien.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Somehow some on here have a fetish on hating on our past players and legends(not saying Phil is). He was struggling but most of you brought out the knives and we're getting giddy about it. Good for him he's succeeding now, squad has had some injuries and Higuain is playing like he cares again so hopefully the good run continues.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Somehow some on here have a fetish on hating on our past players and legends(not saying Phil is). He was struggling but most of you brought out the knives and we're getting giddy about it. Good for him he's succeeding now, squad has had some injuries and Higuain is playing like he cares again so hopefully the good run continues.
Yeah, our ex players definitely gets a tough ride on here. I’m not quite sure what it is.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Yeah, our ex players definitely gets a tough ride on here. I’m not quite sure what it is.
Considering he's one of the few ex-players who's managed to forge a reasonably decent career as a coach (Giggs, until he fecked it up, definitely Bruce excepted) whereas all the billy big bollocks types (Gary Neville, Scholes, Keane) haven't managed it.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Considering he's one of the few ex-players who's managed to forge a reasonably decent career as a coach (Giggs, until he fecked it up, definitely Bruce excepted) whereas all the billy big bollocks types (Gary Neville, Scholes, Keane) haven't managed it.
Keane getting Sunderland promoted and then keeping them in the Premier League, winning Championship manager of the year, and coaching Ireland to the round of 16 at the Euros is light years ahead of anything Phil Neville has done.

Robbie Boy

Think you kind of missed the point of his post as you then call three of our former players "billy big bollocks types". Oh and fyi, Keaneo had a good spell with Sunderland and as a coach with Ireland.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Think you kind of missed the point of his post as you then call three of our former players "billy big bollocks types". Oh and fyi, Keaneo had a good spell with Sunderland and as a coach with Ireland.
Aye Robbie, there always seems to be some sort of negative connotations attached to our ex players - some of them even legends. I just find it really odd. Giggs, I can understand due to his personal life, but yeah, the rest not so much. Threads like “Roy Keane is dead to me”. Or United fans actively wishing Gary Neville to fail as a manager etc.

Ludens the Red

I think It’s because they’re usually critical of the current team/team of the last few years and for some reason some of our fans take it as an attack on the club. You see it on here, you criticise the manager or certain players and you’re labelled as a poor fan.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I think It’s because they’re usually critical of the current team/team of the last few years and for some reason some of our fans take it as an attack on the club. You see it on here, you criticise the manager or certain players and you’re labelled as a poor fan.
Good point and probably a big part of it all.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Bit early to suddenly call him a success. They're still only in 11th place (out of 14) with 22pts (out of a possible 57)...

tomaldinho1

I think it’s a small number of posters whose immediate reaction to anything negative is to get super defensive.

People question Neville not because he’s an ex player but because he’s got zero experience in domestic football and therefore many have speculated that his friendship with Beckham is a reason he got the job.

Being an ex player just means we are interested in him - regardless of if he’s terrible or amazing - no one on a United forum would care if he’d never played for United.

Robbie Boy

Aye Robbie, there always seems to be some sort of negative connotations attached to our ex players - some of them even legends. I just find it really odd. Giggs, I can understand due to his personal life, but yeah, the rest not so much. Threads like “Roy Keane is dead to me”. Or United fans actively wishing Gary Neville to fail as a manager etc.
Aye, it's ridiculous Ish! There was a period on here when Keane was painted as some sort of enemy of the club. It's only in recent times that this place seems to have warmed to him again. At the end of the day, these ex-players are paid pundits and it's their jobs to have opinions.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Aye, it's ridiculous Ish! There was a period on here when Keane was painted as some sort of enemy of the club. It's only in recent times that this place seems to have warmed to him again. At the end of the day, these ex-players are paid pundits and it's their jobs to have opinions.
Yeah it’s weird :lol: especially the bit about Keane, who’s literally been one of our best captains ever.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Very creditable draw with Orlando, who are second in the table.

Looks like Neville has things figured out at last as they seem to be on a bit of a roll now.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don’t think Pee Neville was ever critical of the club. He’s a bit of a David Brent figure as a manager though. More mocked than disliked.

Champ

Yet another win... anyone would think he knows what he's doing at this point...

Champ

Yet another win for Big Phil...up to 5th in the Eastern Conference now.

Funny reading back at some of the rash comments in this thread, just goes to show the kneejerk reactions of football fans!!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Funny reading back at some of the rash comments in this thread, just goes to show the kneejerk reactions of football fans!!
Haha. I don't rate him one iota. But not sure what is needed for the MLS. How many of the 19 cup finals has he won now?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I mean anyone could see going down the nepotistic/friends route was only going to end in one way. His pre and post match interviews are classic. Pulls out every single cliche in the book. 23 Cup finals!
Has he mentioned jerking off on the beach yet?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

6 straight losses (with 16 goals conceded and one scored) since this post.

Champ

:lol: :lol:

Footballs a funny game! Seems like he's having a massive meltdown out there now!!

Champ

Two wins in a row, 8 goals scored since this was posted.
Football truly is a funny game :lol:

Champ

They’ve played the bottom two teams. I expect normality to resume. :smirk:
They have New England to play in a couple of weeks, they could be a massacre again!!

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Two wins in a row, 8 goals scored since this was posted.
Football truly is a funny game :lol:
Should've had 9 really, caught their game early this morning and they had a goal ruled out very harshly.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
5 matches, 1 point. How many cup finals does that leave him?

USREDEVIL

5 matches, 1 point. How many cup finals does that leave him?
wow i was just looking at the MLS to see what's up with the LA Galaxy. Miami is shit.
I am also semi embarrassed at some of the names in the MLS, which "Inter Miami" being one of them. Just use the usual american sports naming convention (city, nickname). So cringe to copy other leagues when they use words that aren't even in English/American.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The worst MLS side so far this season. Only won 12 of his 39 games at the club in total.