Philippe Coutinho | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

Am I the only one who doesn't see a player worth anywhere near what Barca are supposed to be paying? He's a highlights player, but never a £100 million plus player.

Am I the only one who doesn't see a player worth anywhere near what Barca are supposed to be paying? He's a highlights player, but never a £100 million plus player.
He's a very good player when things are working for him but Liverpool always overrate and overprice their best players.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Nah, he's a really classy player. He can pull something out of nowhere better than anyone in the league, and his natural game enhances Liverpool's entire attack. Him and Salah this season have been immense when playing together, like he was with Mane last season. They'll really miss him and I'm certain he'll absolutely tear it up in la liga, especially with the attacking talents barca have.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Media sources are seemingly less sure of a move tonight than they were yesterday.

Just when they edge closer to finishing that decades old jigsaw, they always go and lose another piece of it.
That's how it feels. And every time that one key piece falls, the rest of it completely fecks up too. Hopefully it will be different this time.

Messi
Ronaldo
Neymar
Lewandowski
KDB
Hazard
Dybala
Griezmann
Kane

Then there is Suarez, Isco, Kroos, Modric, Salah, James, Muller, Thiago Alcantara, Bale, Cavani, Di Maria, Aguero, Veratti, Mbappe, Pastore, Sterling at the moment,

The 8 listed at the top are all better, then take your pick of the rest of the ones listed and Coutinho does not become top 10 in the world at all. I didn’t name defenders or GK cos cant compare them positions.
He's better than Hazard and Griezmann.

The likes of Bale, Muller, Thiago, Veratti, Pastore, James, Di Maria and you could argue Suarez are not near top ten right now.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'd sort of agree he's been a little bit overrated by Barca insofar as I think he's an excellent player but not necessarily as good as he's often touted to be, but in this current market he's now absolutely worth £100m or so for as long as he's in contract and with a club who can afford to play hardball.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Media sources are seemingly less sure of a move tonight than they were yesterday.

That's how it feels. And every time that one key piece falls, the rest of it completely fecks up too. Hopefully it will be different this time.

The likes of Bale, Muller, Thiago, Veratti, Pastore, James, Di Maria and you could argue Suarez are not near top ten right now.
Ita depressing, but accurate, that we don’t even have a single name mentioned on the beat player lists.

haram

He isn't better than Hazard.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I think this season he is.

Hazard can simply decide to pull his socks up a bit more to be the better player though as he is that good.

Either way, there's not much between them anymore. Coutinho has always been vastly talented with flaws, but this season he plays like he is actually a cut above.

Sensei

Supports
Dortmund
Yeah. The next level down.

Bye bye Coutinho. The classy Lollypoolers are, of course, changing his name to 'C**tinho'. Best fans in the wayyyyyyyyyrld.
Bookmarked for future reference.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Unless Barcelona ups the fee significantly this will probably drag on and result in nothing again. I don´t see how anything has changed from the summer. If anything Liverpool have even less incentive to sell now. They are in a top 4 battle with a good CL draw. The potential replacement Lemar is cup-tied and would cost a fortune. At the same time Barcelona are running away with the league, Coutinho is cup-tied and their shiny new toy Dembele just made his first appearance, so there is no real pressure for them to make a move now either.

The only way this move can be pulled through is Nike funding it or Barcelona feeling some sort of obligation to the player to get it done. Otherwise the positions of both clubs should actually be drifting further apart in regards to the transfer fee, considering each clubs current situation.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Unless Barcelona ups the fee significantly this will probably drag on and result in nothing again. I don´t see how anything has changed from the summer. If anything Liverpool have even less incentive to sell now. They are in a top 4 battle with a good CL draw. The potential replacement Lemar is cup-tied and would cost a fortune. At the same time Barcelona are running away with the league, Coutinho is cup-tied and their shiny new toy Dembele just made his first appearance, so there is no real pressure for them to make a move now either.

The only way this move can be pulled through is Nike funding it or Barcelona feeling some sort of obligation to the player to get it done. Otherwise the positions of both clubs should actually be drifting further apart in regards to the transfer fee, considering each clubs current situation.
Player did submit a transfer request in August and refused to play/train, perhaps the compromise in him being brought back into the fold was linked to assurances that an acceptable offer would be considered if Barcelona came back in. Not everything is made public for fans etc. to be privy to

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
To be honest, I think it's just that our attacking signings have been so pathetic in recent years for the wages and fees we pay - ADM, Falcao, Depay, to a lesser extent Ibrahimovic - that it makes Liverpool's forward signings seem even better.

I'd say they make good, logical, sensible signings (Mané, Firmino, Suarez) with moments of surprise brilliance (Salah, Coutinho) and moments of utter fail (Carroll, Poulsen, Charlie Adam), which really is what big clubs with highly paid scouts should do.

It's our own poor signings in attack over recent years that highlight the bright ones for Liverpool.

Remember they've already spunked more than half of it on VVD, not saying he won't come good, but it's still a lot.
How do know they've spent the Coutinho money on VVD? Perhaps the £140m is on top of that, unless it's been confirmed otherwise?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Why did sponsors ever fund the transfer?

TheRedHearted

If only we could sell Mkhi the other way and this masterpiece could happen
3-5-2

Front two of Lukaku and Martial
Matic behind Pogba and Coutinho with Two young and hungry wing-backs
and then of course Jones, Lindelof and Rojo. Three ferocious animals.

But really many different players could be put into the other role besides Coutinho but I really wonder who it will be that Mourinho gets this summer.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan

Liverpool PR man James pearce says Coutinho wont wait any longer and wont stay rest of the season, this looks to be done. Will be interesting to note what the actual fee will be.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Liverpool PR man James pearce says Coutinho wont wait any longer and wont stay rest of the season, this looks to be done. Will be interesting to note what the actual fee will be.
Also good chance for Coutinho to win his first league medal without doing much.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool

Who cares what he says? He said the same last summer. If Barcelona doesn´t pay what Liverpool wants, he´ll stay.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Will probably watch Barca games now to see how far he goes, Along with Lallana one of my favourite players to watch.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Will probably watch Barca games now to see how far he goes, Along with Lallana one of my favourite players to watch.
I did the same when Suarez left. Gives me a good excuse to watch Spanish football a bit more.

Coutinho, Messi and Suarez is a great front three.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
I did the same when Suarez left. Gives me a good excuse to watch Spanish football a bit more.

Coutinho, Messi and Suarez is a great front three.
I think they want Coutinho in midfield to play the Iniesta role. Dembele will play up front with Messi and Suarez.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

He certainly is not better than Hazard or Griezmann.

Ita depressing, but accurate, that we don’t even have a single name mentioned on the beat player lists.
Well we do have De Gea. But I didn’t put defensive positions in a list to compare with Coutinho.

Not a chance. He then goes on to say Coutinho has been better than him this season. Well Coutinho hasnt even been the best player at Liverpool this season never mind being a top 10 player in the world.

Jeffthered

Coutinho is not better than either Hazard or Griezmann in my opinion. And I think getting over £100m for him is crazy. He is a top player, but not in that 'top, top bracket'. Makes me wonder where football will be in five years, because this madness cannot continue, unless you have some sort of Super-League, with 20 clubs from across the world, all sponsored by Petrol money and emerging Arab states, and covered by silly TV deal of course. Such discussion would make for an interesting thread as it goes...

cyberman

Why are reports of getting rid of unrealistic clauses such as Balon Dor winner deemed as such?
He'll be the 3rd most expensive player of all time! It seems Liverpool are trying to have it both ways

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's upped his level thus far this season tbf

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Why are reports of getting rid of unrealistic clauses such as Balon Dor winner deemed as such?
He'll be the 3rd most expensive player of all time! It seems Liverpool are trying to have it both ways
Scousers: He's in the top 10 players in the werrrrrrrrld, la.

Also Scousers: HAHAHAHAHA! You're offering us £10m extra if he wins the Balon d'Or? What kind of shithouse offer is that?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The Liverpool squad is headed to Dubai without him apparently.

I think this’ll be done next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.