Philippe Coutinho | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Maybe I'm just not seeing what I don't want to see but it looks like a generic sub off ritual to me. If it was any other player nobody would think there's something up with him, I think. Also it's a rather unfair comparison as one of those clips were right after him scoring a goal, the other one, as you pointed out, was more about time wasting. He even walked to the far end of the pitch right before the board was shown.

Then again the Nike website thing looks rather conclusive. It's very unlikely it was just someone hacking it for fun as it was available in different languages (or someone really had nothing else to do). Then again I read somewhere that something similar happened to Arsenal with Mahrez, not sure about that though. Either way, would be extremely stupid to let him leave in January. Could break our season just when it was turning into something great.
Was Mahrez to Chelsea, but there was no link and was just a screenshot from the adidas store that was likely altered by a Chelsea fan which spread.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wonder how long it takes for Liverpool fans to boycott Nike.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Barring some ridiculously stupid decision making, he won't be sold in January.. but then again, we have previous.

Either way, Barca's conduct has been laughable during this saga. All clubs do it and we did it to VVD, but they really do take tapping up to another level. From booking in his unveiling and press conferences in the summer, to getting their whole squad to make weekly comments on the player. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the latest stunt.

I don't know how they get away with it and their sanctimonious profile is jarring, when in reality they're probably the biggest bunch of cnuts in world football.

Amokachi

Everton Fan
Barring some ridiculously stupid decision making, he won't be sold in January.. but then again, we have previous.

Either way, Barca's conduct has been laughable during this saga. All clubs do it and we did it to VVD, but they really do take tapping up to another level. From booking in his unveiling and press conferences in the summer, to getting their whole squad to make weekly comments on the player. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the latest stunt.

I don't know how they get away with it and their sanctimonious profile is jarring, when in reality they're probably the biggest bunch of cnuts in world football.
Aren’t you banned for two years from signing academy players for tapping up a 12-year-old?

rpitchfo

Over on RAWK they seem surprised. I thought it was a given that as soon as VVD was announced this meant he was off in January.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Hmm. The website announcement does say "act fast, personalization only until January 6th". So if Coutinho's name on a Barca 17/18 jersey is a 'personalized' jersey, how is this a confirmation of a transfer?
By that order, I can order a Barca 17/18 "Cristiano Lell" kit, if I ACT FAST that is, and apparently that would mean I would be signed by Barca in January.

Maybe the official website is just shamelessly ripping off transfer muppets? Sounds a bit unprofessional, but who knows

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

Jog on, mate. Wasn't Klopp texting van Dijk tactics and systems during the summer, well before talks had even started between Liverpool and Southampton? You're awfully lucky Southampton didn't report you and get you a transfer ban for your conduct.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Player is represented by Nike as is Barcelona, would make some sense that IT/Marketing for Nike had been preparing this as the extent of the leak seems too well organized/translated to be just a hack.

Still, my understanding had been that Barcelona had to move players like Arda & Gomes before any deal could be negotiated for Coutinho. We'll see but there does seem to be something this time around despite January being an odd time to pick up a cup tied player

Drawfull

Hmm. The website announcement does say "act fast, personalization only until January 6th". So if Coutinho's name on a Barca 17/18 jersey is a 'personalized' jersey, how is this a confirmation of a transfer?
By that order, I can order a Barca 17/18 "Cristiano Lell" kit, if I ACT FAST that is, and apparently that would mean I would be signed by Barca in January.

Maybe the official website is just shamelessly ripping off transfer muppets? Sounds a bit unprofessional, but who knows
It says 'free' personalisation until the 6th. After that, assume you'll have to pay.

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
Can’t see him leaving in January but I can totally see a deal being completed and being announced this window that’ll he’ll definitely be leaving in the Summer.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Reddit seem to think it was a pre-written page which was just published a day early due to an error in the URL. Apparently it was meant to go up at midnight tonight.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Here's his reaction in a home game he scored and assisted in:

The Leicester one seems more dramatic (turning around, applauding everyone rather than a couple of claps), though obviously that might just be to time waste.
You can see in this video he says "I'm off Mother F**ker".

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Can’t see Liverpool selling him in January, he’s still there best player and vital to their hopes of finishing top 4.

They’ll also want to continue to build the team and address their weaknesses first and use that to try and convince him to stay, and see if they can shift some of the deadwood to cover their spending.

Also Barca probably aren’t all that fussed about getting him right now, he’s cup-tied for the CL and La Liga is a stroll this season so far.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Good question, depends partially on the next manager too, since Heynckes will be off at the end of the season. Sane was someone they missed out on
Is Heynckes is away the end of the season? Feck! Thought he signed a 2-3 year deal! Any idea who'll replace him? All these questions, eh? Sorry not clued in too much in Bundesliga.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I've had money on him leaving for a few months now, since he came back and looked as miserable as Mourinho whenever he scored it was obvious he was off in January. The VVD deal and now this just confirms it to me, that and I think Ladbrokes have suspended betting on it.

The saddest part is, as a LFC fan I'm not even bothered by him leaving. Never took to the lad despite his obvious talents and with Keita coming in to add some grit to CM I don't think he'll be sorely missed as it'll allow Mane and Salah to shine more, and Lallana will take the place of the sulky Brazilian quite quickly (I hear VVD is a beast at free kicks too so there's a replacement for that)

The last player to leave I was sad to see go was Alonso and to a lesser extent Lucas who wasn't the best of player but a fantastic fella. Maybe that's me getting older and more cynical but I just don't give a feck who leaves now, if they don't want to be at the club then adios, you won't be missed for long - if at all.

A good GK, an extra striker and someone like Goretzka brought in with the money and it'll be a positive rather than negative for me.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Of course not. Bayern wont spend ridiculous amount of money on one player
It's just a matter of time before those amounts are not called 'ridiculous' anymore. 50m used to be ridiculous just recently, now it seems reasonable.
We are conservative on the market, true, but we will spend big (not Neymar big, but Lukaku big) on players too in the future. It's just a matter of timing that we haven't yet.

James Peril

Think it’s funny people mentioning FC Bayern. They are amongst the elite clubs, but they have never had a huge standing in England and never will. How many big players have gone from England to Germany? In fact, very few transfers from England to Germany at all.

FC Bayern is of course twice the club Liverpool is, but the players don’t want to play in Germany. It’s either England or Spain and that’s how it’s going to be for decades.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Think it’s funny people mentioning FC Bayern. They are amongst the elite clubs, but they have never had a huge standing in England and never will. How many big players have gone from England to Germany? In fact, very few transfers from England to Germany at all.

FC Bayern is of course twice the club Liverpool is, but the players don’t want to play in Germany. It’s either England or Spain and that’s how it’s going to be for decades.
Yeah, to lure them we'd have to offer huge wages on top of the wages they're already getting, which tend to be high in the first place in England. That's even more a stumbling block than potential transfer fees. We have a wage structure in place, even if of course we do also pay high wages.
So PL players are generally too expensive for Bundesliga clubs and even Bayern, and there's no special allure that would make them push for it. It's considered a step down.

izec

Is Heynckes is away the end of the season? Feck! Thought he signed a 2-3 year deal! Any idea who'll replace him? All these questions, eh? Sorry not clued in too much in Bundesliga.
He said he would only do til the end of the season and his contract also is for one season.

Probably Tuchel. Maybe Nagelsmann. Looks like they want a German manager. Nothing decided yet, Heynckes will have a small say in it too it seems.

Peanut Butter

The hypocrisy in this post is outstanding.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
The hypocrisy in this post is outstanding.
It's clear all clubs tap players up but none to this extent, and so publicly. Were we giving Southampton deadlines & telling them we'd booked in VVD's unveiling?

Jog on, mate. Wasn't Klopp texting van Dijk tactics and systems during the summer, well before talks had even started between Liverpool and Southampton? You're awfully lucky Southampton didn't report you and get you a transfer ban for your conduct.
They did report us.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Bechler says Barcelona will provide an offer tomorrow they believe will be accepted by FSG within 72hrs - would support the Jan 5th announcement rumour

Coral & Ladbrokes suspended betting over the Coutinho move. Plus, didn't train today and not injured

Last edited:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Silly talk but could you imagine? He'd get the pig's head treatment at Anfield.
Would be insane, hope we can get another ex-Inter boy in Kovačić though. Huge talent that's going to waste at Madrid. He's more of the type of midfielder we need, he can shield the ball, make penetrating passes, plays with flair and dribble through tight areas. Like Ander Herrera on steroids. We've been linked with him but only by Don Balon...

Status
Not open for further replies.