Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang | Performances

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Or maybe La Liga defences are worse than PL defences.
Maybe but he did it in the CL too. He's not a bad player, but he looked tired and not motivated here tbh. Which.. you can't have from your club captain especially with such a young group.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
It’s easy to make snap judgements when you don’t watch a player week to week.

I loved Auba. Growing up with Wright / Anelka / Henry / Adebayor spoilt me in terms of always having pacy, powerful forwards as spearheads. RVP left after a single (magnificent) season as a 9 and then we had years of Giroud.

Auba was great. But then he started playing trash. Arteta is hardline, but he only discards players that aren’t contributing. He hasn’t shown the door to anybody that was playing well.

You’d think that after Sanchez debacle, United fans would take Arsenal fans word for it when we say our talisman is in decline.

Also, who on earth was going to pay us £15m for him?

DaGOAT

Doubt it.

Speaking of overhyping PL teams.

Barca put 4 past best defense in Seria A Napoli, 4 past Bilbao who had 3rd best defense before this round, put 4 past Atletico who United barely drew 1-1 against.
Liverpool managed to do worse vs Inter than Barca did to Napoli. Napoli number 1 in Italy (though Inter with a match in hand) with a better defense than Inter. Thus Barca essentially more impressive than Liverpool based on their results v

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
The one that got away for Arsenal.
You've had quite a busy day of stupid posts, genuinely impressive :lol:
Aubameyang clearly did not want to bother anymore under Arteta so good luck to him. I think next year in his contract is only an option though so he might be playing for them to take it up.

mu4c_20le

You've had quite a busy day of stupid posts, genuinely impressive :lol:
Aubameyang clearly did not want to bother anymore under Arteta so good luck to him. I think next year in his contract is only an option though so he might be playing for them to take it up.
Conjecture. Arteta is the one who froze him out for disciplinary issues, made an announcement about it in a press conference, and then he was never allowed back to the team.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Conjecture. Arteta is the one who froze him out for disciplinary issues, made an announcement about it in a press conference, and then he was never allowed back to the team.
You can allow some things to slide if you're performing. He just wasn't, it was getting detrimental to the team on the pitch and you're risking it becoming an issue off the pitch too.
I couldnt care less if he got to the stadium 10mn before the game and scored a hat-trick. He was missing sitters on a regular basis. He used to score goals and create a lot in the same system. Until he didn't so Arteta changed it.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He is motivated again and plays at his usual level. For whatever he lost his motivation to perform with Arsenal even he has no problem collect his pay cheque every week. Arteta did the right thing and let him left for free. It is the best for both parties.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
He is motivated again and plays at his usual level. For whatever he lost his motivation to perform with Arsenal even he has no problem collect his pay cheque every week. Arteta did the right thing and let him left for free. It is the best for both parties.
Exactly

lsd

The Oracle

I would hope he is motivated now as he had been saying how much he wanted to play for Barca for years way before he even signed for Arsenal

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I would hope he is motivated now as he had been saying how much he wanted to play for Barca for years way before he even signed for Arsenal
He was really motivated and gave us couple excellent seasons before he signed the contract extension. In the end it didn't work out and our loss is your gain.

lsd

The Oracle
He was really motivated and gave us couple excellent seasons before he signed the contract extension. In the end it didn't work out and our loss is your gain.

Well not really my gain I just remember him always saying he should be playing for Barcelona when he was at Dortmund

Or could have been Real

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Doubt it.

Speaking of overhyping PL teams.

Barca put 4 past best defense in Seria A Napoli, 4 past Bilbao who had 3rd best defense before this round, put 4 past Atletico who United barely drew 1-1 against.
Liverpool managed to do worse vs Inter than Barca did to Napoli. Napoli number 1 in Italy (though Inter with a match in hand) with a better defense than Inter. Thus Barca essentially more impressive than Liverpool based on their results v
About time someone made some league 1 club look better than Barca with a>b, b>c, c>d results.

Barca lost to Madrid,
Madrid lost to PSG
PSG lost to Nantes
Nantes lost to Reims
Reims lost to Bordeaux

So Barca are less impressive than 20th placed team in French League. Can go division below too.

Anyways it's not surprising to see him scoring, there is a huge difference in performance between a motivated and unmotivated players.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Aubameyang had two seasons where he scored 22 goals playing in a very disjointed Arsenal that didn't even end in top 4.

Hazard is flopping in La Liga after being one of the best PL players of 21 century, not that it indicates anything.

Pintu

About time someone made some league 1 club look better than Barca with a>b, b>c, c>d results.

Barca lost to Madrid,
Madrid lost to PSG
PSG lost to Nantes
Nantes lost to Reims
Reims lost to Bordeaux

So Barca are less impressive than 20th placed team in French League. Can go division below too.

Anyways it's not surprising to see him scoring, there is a huge difference in performance between a motivated and unmotivated players.
Yes

PSG lost to Rennes
Rennes lost to Nancy (L2),
Nancy lost to Toulouse (L2),
Toulouse lost to Versailles from the 4th division, aka "National 2"

flappyjay

I think Aubameyang lost motivation at Arsenal. It's not just the goals so far at Barca even his off the ball work has went up.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I think Aubameyang lost motivation at Arsenal. It's not just the goals so far at Barca even his off the ball work has went up.
That's why even I am not a CR7 fanboy but I respect him for his professionalism. He is a role model for all football players.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's been there 5 minutes and he's already Barca's second top scorer.

InfiniteBoredom

On 8 goals now, most likely will finish the season as Barca’s top scorer.

Inspired signing, and people think there is no good business to be done in January.

AshRK

The guy was always a great goalscorer, just that Arteta didn't have a clue how to use him and how to deal with his ego. His work eithic is also looking amazing so for all his bad attitude, barca and xavi seem to think otherwise.

AshRK

On 8 goals now, most likely will finish the season as Barca’s top scorer.

Inspired signing, and people think there is no good business to be done in January.
That's what ambitious clubs do. And here we convince people winter transfer is useless, when we clearly needed a dm.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
The guy was always a great goalscorer, just that Arteta didn't have a clue how to use him and how to deal with his ego. His work eithic is also looking amazing so for all his bad attitude, barca and xavi seem to think otherwise.
I don't quite get that comment, how was he meant to use him?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He was clearly unmotivated during that last year at Arsenal and wanted out, he was missing simple chances back then which he would have put away in regular form.

He's motivated and back proving he's a great striker.

el3mel

Not really, he just wanted to leave.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Proof that Lego Pep ruins careers while Xavi resurrects players.

Exactly the CF that Barcelona needed; not L.De Jong, Depay or Braithwaite.

AshRK

I don't quite get that comment, how was he meant to use him?
Use him as a number 9 and not as a left winger or sometimes lwb. Auba has proven he never lost it. You guys did need a goal scorer and he was one.

Anyways it has worked out well for all parties till now so it is fine.

Verward

I think service to him has improved. Barca create more chances and eventually he buries one of them.
At Arsenal he didn't get many chances and whenever he got a chance he fluffed his lines.
In the end his move worked out for both parties. Happy ending

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Use him as a number 9 and not as a left winger or sometimes lwb. Auba has proven he never lost it. You guys did need a goal scorer and he was one.

He played him as a 9 in every league game he started this season.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

He played as a number 9 nearly all of this season when he played. He was just badly out of form and was clear both parties needed to part ways.

AshRK

He played as a number 9 nearly all of this season when he played. He was just badly out of form and was clear both parties needed to part ways.
He played him as a 9 in every league game he started this season.
I am not talking about this season alone. Even last season there were games he was used on left wing. Point is he never lost it and would have scored plenty in an attacking setup ( being proven now). Arteta's system never worked for him. Not a coincidence a guy who was constantly bagging 30 odd goals in all competitions stopped scoring goals under Arteta's setup.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I am not talking about this season alone. Even last season there were games he was used on left wing. Point is he never lost it and would have scored plenty in an attacking setup ( being proven now). Arteta's system never worked for him. Not a coincidence a guy who was constantly bagging 30 odd goals in all competitions stopped scoring goals under Arteta's setup.
Not sure how it was the system's fault that Auba was missing sitter after sitter in the past year.

AshRK

Not sure how it was the system's fault that Auba was missing sitter after sitter in the past year.
You were hardly creating chance after chance for him. He still misses chance for Barca (did today as well) but an attacking side would create chance after chance for their number 9s to score. I am not saying it's all arteta's fault but to say it was all auba's doing is wrong. Heck he was also bagging goals for fun under emery.

Anyways so far it has proven the correct decision. You guys are getting those 3 points and Aubameyang is scoring again for fun.