Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Thought Spurs had him down for selling this summer? Don't think he's part of their plans anymore - I've been more impressed by Sarr already than Hojbjurg.

No idea where they got Sarr, without looking, but it's frustrating that other clubs just pick players up like that, completely under the radar, when he'd be a good signing for us. Instead we're out here looking for a cheap deal on the guy who he's upgraded.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Ønånå

Shæw
Mårtinez
Våræne
Dåløt

Cæsemirø
Højbjerg
Brunø

Råshførd
Højlund
Åntøny

Redstain

I'm absolutely certain that most of the opinions on here are not formed from watching the player. I caught a few games for Spurs towards the end of the season when he was acquired by Mourinho (I don't think he started well) but one thing was clear he's far more defensively sound than any other aspect of his game. If he's on the market it's an opportunity to get someone who can read the game as well as Casmeiro can. He would easily be able to rotate with Cas throughout the season. He is a defensive midfielder no two ways about it.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I still wonder why we sold Fred.
Because he was the easiest to get rid, really. He was a similar one to when Blind and Smalling went — half decent players who can probably stay but actually want consistent football again.

parmenio

I'm absolutely certain that most of the opinions on here are not formed from watching the player. I caught a few games for Spurs towards the end of the season when he was acquired by Mourinho (I don't think he started well) but one thing was clear he's far more defensively sound than any other aspect of his game. If he's on the market it's an opportunity to get someone who can read the game as well as Casmeiro can. He would easily be able to rotate with Cas throughout the season.
I’d prefer Amrabat tbh. But we definitely need somone. Makes you wonder where Mount fits in once fit?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thought Spurs had him down for selling this summer? Don't think he's part of their plans anymore - I've been more impressed by Sarr already than Hojbjurg.

No idea where they got Sarr, without looking, but it's frustrating that other clubs just pick players up like that, completely under the radar, when he'd be a good signing for us. Instead we're out here looking for a cheap deal on the guy who he's upgraded.
I'm mentioned him over two years ago in the thread below as someone we should sign. But there's other players like him we can also target.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/tra...-before-posting.456544/page-629#post-27130940

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Him and Casemiro together would be, ehm, combative.

Would give us a good switch when the ‘one 6 two 8’ midfield is leaking chances right left and centre

AnotherOne92

Supports
Spurs
He isn't good enough for you. Great mentality, leader in the dressing room etc, good reader of the game so he intercepts well and a pretty good passer but let down massively by his lack of any kind of physicality; no strength, pace and more importantly lack of any sort of press resistance whatsoever which nullifies a lot of his strengths. He can't shift the ball well enough to get himself into a position to execute a killer pass, wriggle out of a tight spot, or anything a top player in his position can do which makes him an easy target for opposing teams to press.

He isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination but he won't work in a team that wants to be progressive with the ball; there's a reason Atleti / Simeone have been the biggest admirers of him this summer.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Would make sense as direct cover for Casemiro but lacks legs, and legs are what we’re lacking.

Irwin99

Always thought he was a good player even though a lot of people criticize him on here but again, is this really a transformative signing? Can't help but feel it's not very inspirational for a team that should be gearing up for a proper title challenge next season.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Always thought he was a good player even though a lot of people criticize him on here but again, is this really a transformative signing? Can't help but feel it's not very inspirational for a team that should be gearing up for a proper title challenge next season.
The only transformative signing we can get is higher up the corporate ladder

Plastic Evra

I like that he's a proper 6 and backup for Casimero but it's also the issue as that's clearly a depth signing (that we need), I'd imagine both of them being on the pitch will be a rarer occasion.

A more hybrid profile would provide more tactical flexibility but that's maybe FM player fluff thinking. EtH seems pretty set on his XI and game plan, he's not reverting to a double pivot, we're already loaded with CAMs, Mainoo is maybe adequate as an occasional 6 backup and partner when need be.

Of course I would rather a slightly younger player. Maybe Alvarez now at West Ham (but we'd be moaning of EtH buying another overpaid Ajax lad).

kaku06

I am considering taking a shite!
I already did. Dropped 3 sausage like turds and they got aligned to the letter H. Which I guess it’s a done dealio. Now I’m worried for our season.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Would make sense as direct cover for Casemiro but lacks legs, and legs are what we’re lacking.
He really doesn't lack 'legs'.

He's a hard worker, regularly in the top distance covered for Spurs and usually in the top threshold in the league.

Also, interesting to note he rates very highly for progressive passing stats and very rarely gives the ball away.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Mummy i'm scared. Tell the big bad mens to give me my club back and stop buying shite :(

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
My spurs supporting mate is delighted with this potential move

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I thought Tottenham made it clear they won’t sell to us? Or is that just players that are any good?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He sucks for spurs because they lack creativity, he’ll do very well for a side that needs workrate and toughness in midfield.

C'est Moi Cantona

I get the randon LB links because that has been thrust on us, but we've had all summer to sort this position out.

worldinmotion66

My spurs supporting mate always rated him, which is good enough for me. At least you know what you get with him and he leaves everything out there on the pitch.

It’d be a reactive signing rather than proactive though, a bit like Antony last summer. Poor execution or poor planning, either way it’s disappointing that we are here yet again.