Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Embarrassing.

What a disgrace.

The club is totally incompetent.

What are our scouts / dof/ caterers doing?

Etc, etc…

Chief123

The positive I see in someone like Hojberg is he can just sit and protect which allows Casemiro to advance forward and join play making which he’s good at.

However, I need more convincing this is the signing we need.

justsomebloke

A Hojbjerg-Casemiro midfield would be awful. Much much prefer Amrabat. We dont just need a Casemiro backup, but also a reliable #8 now, because Mount is still a question mark. Better to get a midfielder who can play both positions, unless we are counting on the Gravenberch deal.
Those are few and far between though.

Plastic Evra

Those are few and far between though.
Yeah and again the idea that EtH will use a double pivot extensively is more fan projection than anything at that point. Amrabat is reportedly the only one linked that can moonlight as a 6 if needs must.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I get the randon LB links because that has been thrust on us, but we've had all summer to sort this position out.
I can only think either
1. We actually thought that Mount was a CM rather than a 10/RW and only realised it didn’t work after trying it, or
2. We like the excitement of late transfer scrambles

NZT-One

I think, if ETH is adamant on trying to make his new system work, getting a fitting player for that system as a backup for Casemiro might make more sense than adding a Player like Amrabat who certainly is a more exciting name and profile, yet potentially doesn't have a real spot in the new system.
I'd be inclined to get him - although I would think, there should be a player out there with a similar skillset (be it without the PL pedigree that I consider as valuable) who would probably be cheaper.

All depending on the price. Most likely explanation though that Spurs want to turn up the heat so Atletico gets moving.

Paul778

I can only think either
1. We actually thought that Mount was a CM rather than a 10/RW and only realised it didn’t work after trying it, or
2. We like the excitement of late transfer scrambles
Clearly ETH was promised we'd do something based on sales and then it was such an arse ache to sell anyone.

it sounds like stuff still might happen

Plastic Evra

I think, if ETH is adamant on trying to make his new system work, getting a fitting player for that system as a backup for Casemiro might make more sense than adding a Player like Amrabat who certainly is a more exciting name and profile, yet potentially doesn't have a real spot in the new system.
I'd be inclined to get him - although I would think, there should be a player out there with a similar skillset (be it without the PL pedigree that I consider as valuable) who would probably be cheaper.

All depending on the price. Most likely explanation though that Spurs want to turn up the heat so Atletico gets moving.
That's more eloquent than what I have been trying to say. And we absolutely do need a Casemiro backup for injury / suspensions / etc. If our Brazil big boy is unavailable for several games we're suddenly naked with McTominay (not a 6) and Mainoo (injured and unproven) as the only options.

If McT has a good buyer and depending on Hojbjerg price, this might be an upgrade of the squad for 0£ or quasi (?).
28, excellent injury record except for a ligament problem 10 years ago, we'd probably be sorted with a solid option at 6 for 3-4 years.

crackers0seven

O god,please close the window before we panic and end up with more deadwood for years. Hopefully then we can get the takeovers done and not be shopping for spurs unwanted players. We should be raiding spurs for likes of kane and son like we done for berba and Carrick.taking their stars. Not bloody Pierre.

saivet

Certainly fits the bill of being a back up for Casemiro. I think I'd have bigger concerns about Amrabat defensively but would prefer him to partner Casemiro than Hojbjerg.

Would prefer a younger back up but it would be an okay signing.

Abraxas

He's an alright player.

But scrambling around at the last minute on a guy like this is pretty depressing. Nothing reads like a well thought out, planned transfer window where we identify profiles and address them accordingly than a last minute dash to pick up a player Spurs don't want anymore.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Spurs' second best player last season. Diego Someone really wanted him this summer. Don't think we'll get him because Atlético couldn't. Imagine he's also an option for us if McTominay gets sold which in that case he'd be a good upgrade.

Surprised people don't rate him. One of the players that kept Southampton a float and became one of Spurs' best players immediately.

The question isn't if he's a good player but if he'd fit our football.

Personally I don't think there's too much in this. A poke at Spurs asking why he didn't go to Atlético.

Scholsey2004

I would actually not be against this. At least he brings some physical presence and he's very strong too so would be great to have in midfield. His fbref stats indicate he's a pretty good passer too, although I don't recall thinking that's one of his strengths whenever I've watched him.
He's one of the best in possession on paper, something we definitely need to improve on.

Brophs

The One and Only
ETH was so fed up of people comparing him to Pep he decided to only buy midfielders who would help him achieve his ultimate goal of 55% pass completion rate over the course of a season.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Feels like a red herring to me, part of the Amrabat game.
But Amrabat has had his bags packed since June. He’s refusing to train, Fiorentina aren’t playing him, and they’ve cut his price to £20m because they want it sorted. There’s no need for smokescreen tactics anymore, if we want him we just pay the small fee and get him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Manchester United are the kid who doesn't want to eat their vegetables, and those vegetables are good midfielders.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
nice to see the club focusing on talents from less popular countries. it’s easy to see an italian or spanish player and think they could do a job for us. highlighting someone from a country that’s only relevant because it invaded a country as great as england a thousand years ago is very brave.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He’s a decent if not underwhelming player, just don’t put him under pressure or litterally shites himself. He does a lot of shouting and pointing. He’s not in our plans and we need rid of a lot of dead wood. £20-£25 million il be very happy.

Scholsey2004

Is he better than McTominay?
'Better' is subjective to how you want to play really. Certainly better for how ETH intends us to play. He's a strong possession player and for us that would be very beneficial

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'm very much sure this signing won't happen, it's usual end of window links.

Hopefully we sign some gem from French league instead of these washed up not so good players.

suheilsworld

He is a good short-term option to have till our ownership issues are not sorted. Let us get serious guys. Till the time Glazers are not booted out, we are going to be cash-strapped and looking at bargains and PL reliable seniors. Hojberg had a decent last season, PL proven and could be a better option than Gravenbach. I would like Casemiro to play slightly further as I think he has good output numbers in him and having Hojberg behind him doing the dirty work will help that. I am all in for this transfer as once the CL games start, along with the December-January schedule, we will need a good bench.

izec

As average as they come. Mount and Hojbjerg as our midfield signings :lol:

Is ETH a closet Liverpool fan? Does he hate us that much? Absolute comedy.