PL table prediction thread 2022/23

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Get in, Utd are gonna piss the league with the rate our players are being dropped from the England squad.
It is so hard to predict when world cup is in winter. Some players will accumulate more fatigue and some will have too much rest before season resume.

GlasgowCeltic

Think City and Haaland won’t be as good as everyone expects, especially if Bernardo goes. Could see Pep itching to go back to his strikerless system come season end, would be funny if he drops Haaland for the big CL knockout games or something to stick KDB back into last seasons role. Shame there’s no preferable alternative as I’d rather they didn’t win three in a row.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
4th-6th imo. Maybe 3rd but I think Spurs are looking a fair bit stronger than you.
Yeah, I pretty much agree with this although maybe weighted more toward 5th-6th base on talent. Chelsea IMO definitely has more talent than Arsenal and Spurs have about equal talent but its weighted toward very decisive top level forwards who often make all the difference.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If you take us as an example - some of what will be our starters (Sancho, Martial etc) are at this moment in time pretty unlikely to make their WC teams. Three weeks of tactical training with the mastermind that is Ten Hagrid whilst the rest of the top 6 has their attackers swanning off to Dubai for the winter — is the title already in the bag?
It may not be as far fetched as it seems.

For example people have Spurs quite high but their 3 main attacking players will be going and two (Richarlison + Kane) are likely to go deep into the tournament playing every game whereas your current main attacking options (aside from Ronaldo) might not even go.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
1.City
2.United
3.Liverpool
4.Chelsea
5.Spurs
6.Arsenal
7-10.WH-Wolves-AV-Newcastle-random

I predict Leeds, Everton and Brighton won't get relegated.

Javelinn

1.City
2.Liverpool
3.United
4.Chelsea
5.Spurs
6.Arsenal

7-20 - not arsed

I think ETH will pleasantly surprise a lot of people in the upcoming season.

Disclaimer - This is of course dependent on us reinforcing our midfield and right wing with one more signing at least. If we dont get those signings, I feel that we might not be in contention for top4.

Teja

1st City
2nd Liverpool
——————————
3rd Chelsea
4th Spurs
5th United
——————————
6th Arsenal
7th West Ham, Leicester, Wolves etc.

Teja

The massive overrating of Spurs has started I see.
Spurs finished only 3 pts behind Chelsea despite their woeful start, their coach getting sacked etc. Not an exaggeration to say they would've finished ahead of Chelsea had they gotten Conte at the beginning of the season.

Chelsea are a good defensive side but haven't shown that they can consistently put in the xG that it takes to win titles. Don't really think this years signings will change that. You basically have a slightly better Werner in Sterling but that's it.

TheReligion

Abusive
Spurs finished only 3 pts behind Chelsea despite their woeful start, their coach getting sacked etc. Chelsea are a good defensive side but haven't shown that they can consistently put in the xG that it takes to win titles. Don't really think this years signings will change that. You basically have a slightly better Werner in Sterling but that's it.
Watch out…. They’ll all be after you!!

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Spurs
4. Liverpool
5. United
6. Arsenal

MUFC OK

I think West Ham will drop off this season. They massively over-performed last year and second half of the season were fairly shocking.

Leicester will be much better than last year (especially bad season) and I expect Newcastle to really kick on and probably finish in the top 8.

only me

I think the below could be close and I'd be happy with 4th in ETH first season. We could then look to build upon it the following the year once he begins to get everything dialled in.

1st City
2nd Liverpool
3rd Chelsea
4th United
5th Spurs
6th Arsenal
7th West Ham

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Spurs finished only 3 pts behind Chelsea despite their woeful start, their coach getting sacked etc. Not an exaggeration to say they would've finished ahead of Chelsea had they gotten Conte at the beginning of the season.

Chelsea are a good defensive side but haven't shown that they can consistently put in the xG that it takes to win titles. Don't really think this years signings will change that. You basically have a slightly better Werner in Sterling but that's it.
Surely Spurs' woeful start tax is countered by the fact we had a huge injury/Covid crisis mid season and then had to juggle 5 competitions at the point they only had 2?

I don't disagree the title will be a tall order but I'm not seeing anything from Spurs that are making me think they will gazump us, they've improved their depth but with the debatable exception of Bissouma none of the signings get into our best Xl.

Teja

Surely Spurs' woeful start tax is countered by the fact we had a huge injury/Covid crisis mid season and then had to juggle 5 competitions at the point they only had 2?

I don't disagree the title will be a tall order but I'm not seeing anything from Spurs that are making me think they will gazump us, they've improved their depth but with the debatable exception of Bissouma none of the signings get into our best Xl.
I forgot about the Chelsea injury / covid crisis actually, so you have a point. Even then I'd say it's about even between the clubs crisis wise and the points were approx the same at the end.

This is with a settled Chelsea vs a Spurs squad that was just figuring out Conte's methods (recall he hinted that he might walk at one point).

It's not that much of a stretch to say Spurs will finish above Chelsea.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea
Liverpool
City
Arsenal
Spurs
West Ham
Man Utd

Pep says Feck it and goes to his next oil rich team.
United players give up and turn on EtH because he expects them to train hard and press all match long.
Conte goes into a rage after not getting any of his signings in January and starts playing Academy kids.
Arsenal fans celebrate harder than their Invincible year.
Klopp congratulates Tuchel a little too much.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Will re-assess when the transfer window closes but right now:

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. United

Our squad is wafer thin in midfield and attack. Nowhere near good enough.

tomaldinho1

1. Chelsea
2. City
3. United
4. Pool
---------------------------
5. Spurs
6. Wolves
7. Leicester
8. Arsenal
9. WHUM
10. Newcastle
11. Brighton
12. Soton
13. Villa
14. Palace
15. Everton
16. Leeds
17. Forest
-----------------------
18. Brentford
19. Fulham
20. Bournemouth

CM

If you take us as an example - some of what will be our starters (Sancho, Martial etc) are at this moment in time pretty unlikely to make their WC teams. Three weeks of tactical training with the mastermind that is Ten Hagrid whilst the rest of the top 6 has their attackers swanning off to Dubai for the winter — is the title already in the bag?
Liverpool will have Salah, Diaz and a full supply of inhalers in that same period, though.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
1. Manchester United /Tottenham
3. Manchester City
4. Liverpool
5. Arsenal
6. Chelsea
7. Newcastle
8. Everton
9. Leeds
10. West Ham
11. Brighton
12. Aston Villa
13. Crystal Palace
14. Leicester
15. Wolverhampton
16. Southampton
17. Fulham
18. Brentford
19. Nottingham Forest
20.Bournemouth

It’s going to be an interesting season, this one. I believe Liverpool are not going to repeat a challenge.
Manchester City will likely go through a lean spell this season and it might be their undoing for once. Sterling is a big lose for them.
Tottenham and Manchester United are going to surprise people. Both teams have had the same core for a good few seasons now, have been waiting for a manager to come in and fine tune them. If people think Tottenham under The Conte are going to Spurs it when leading, they are all in for a shock.
The newcomers won’t survive but Fulham have the potential to drag one or two team down into a relegation scrap.

Belisarius

Tuchel is closer to the players than any manager I’ve seen since Mourinho in his first stint. There isn’t even a slight hint of dressing room issues. I think we would have to have an implosion of epic proportions for Tuchel’s job to be in danger. Like, finishing 10th sort of proportions. The new owner has basically handed him the keys to the kingdom this summer.

And to be clear, I think I recall Tuchel’s downfall at PSG being due to clashing heads with the hierarchy there rather than losing the dressing room or upsetting the players.
Fair enough.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, I pretty much agree with this although maybe weighted more toward 5th-6th base on talent. Chelsea IMO definitely has more talent than Arsenal and Spurs have about equal talent but its weighted toward very decisive top level forwards who often make all the difference.
My guess is Spurs will finish ahead of Arsenal. Conte is an excellent coach.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Fair enough. I didn't follow closely, but it did seem like things went south for him later on after a pretty good start.
He took his disagreement with the board to a pre-game press conference and called out some fans that he does not need to score 2 or 3 goals every game if they are winning 1-0. It was cringey and I knew that he was going to, and deserved to be sacked for doing that.

Belisarius

1. Manchester United /Tottenham
3. Manchester City
4. Liverpool
5. Arsenal
6. Chelsea
7. Newcastle
8. Everton
9. Leeds
10. West Ham
11. Brighton
12. Aston Villa
13. Crystal Palace
14. Leicester
15. Wolverhampton
16. Southampton
17. Fulham
18. Brentford
19. Nottingham Forest
20.Bournemouth

It’s going to be an interesting season, this one. I believe Liverpool are not going to repeat a challenge.
Manchester City will likely go through a lean spell this season and it might be their undoing for once. Sterling is a big lose for them.
Tottenham and Manchester United are going to surprise people. Both teams have had the same core for a good few seasons now, have been waiting for a manager to come in and fine tune them. If people think Tottenham under The Conte are going to Spurs it when leading, they are all in for a shock.
The newcomers won’t survive but Fulham have the potential to drag one or two team down into a relegation scrap.
I mostly agree with this. Though I think Liverpool could fall further than City. Something like:
1 Manchester United / Tottenham
3. Manchester City
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal / Liverpool

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
feck it. No more Solskjaer so going in full deluded mode.
United
City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal

Relegation
Fulham
NFO
Saints

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Spurs are just as likely to get relegated as they are to win the title.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I mostly agree with this. Though I think Liverpool could fall further than City. Something like:
1 Manchester United / Tottenham
3. Manchester City
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal / Liverpool
There's no way that both City and Liverpool finish below United and Spurs.

galwayfa

I think Crystal Palace will struggle and be near relegation end of it

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Come on then Redcafe experts, what will the table look like in May? You can wait until the transfer window shuts but I'm good to go with the top side:

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Utd
6. Arsenal
7. West Ham
You already nailed it in the opening post.

Ludens the Red

How do people predict entire tables :lol:

Top Six
City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal
West Ham

relegation
Fulham
Leeds
Bournemouth

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
1st City by a margin. (90+ Points)

2nd/3rd/4th probably Liverpool/ Chelsea/ Spurs but a couple of injuries and this order will switch easily. (85-78 points)

5th/6th probably United/Arsenal, both will challenge for 4th IMO the bar will just be too high. (74ish points)

If United sign DeJong I'd put them up closer to Spurs.

Think Arsenal are outgunned and it would take an enormous collapse from all three of Spurs/ Chelsea /United to allow them to get 4th which I think is unlikely.

West Ham probably the best of the rest.

Aston Villa (Gerrard) under enormous pressure to finish top half after their spending.

Exciting season ahead.

diarm

1. City
2. Spurs
3. United
4. Liverpool
5. Chelsea
6. Arsenal
7. West Ham
8. Newcastle
9. Villa
10. Leicester
11. Wolves
12. Brighton
13. Palace
14. Southampton
15. Everton
16. Leeds
17. Forest
18. Fulham
19. Brentford
20. Bournemouth

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
City winning the league by a 90+ point margin would be so depressing.
I think it will be a reasonably low winning tally this season (probably by City).

Firstly because you both needing to adjust to having out and out 9s and secondly with the world cup potentially causing a little bit more general erraticness than usual.