PL Weekend Fixtures 17/10/20 - 19/10/20

Falcow

They must have scheduled this game today thinking it's finally long overdue Everton finally beat Liverpool as the last time Everton beat Liverpool was exactly on this day 10 years ago. Liverpool is Everton's jinx, they are cursed, never gonna beat them. 10 years and still waiting.
10 years, seriously?

Tony247

CL can jump not just inches higher than defenders but almost a foot high!!

Correction: almost 2 feet higher!!!!

RonaldoVII

If Van Dijk is out for long term then the league becomes quite open I feel. Shame our summer prevented us from being in the mix.

K_Ash

Lucas Digne that I think of whenever I look at O. Dembele...Lucas just could not get it together at Barcelona...Lucas' style of play fits the ePL like a glove..just like Ousmane would

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'm almost positive that's wrong. Pickford was challenging for the ball at the time with excessive force, endangering the safety of the opponent. The offside doesn't negate that, it merely means it's not a penalty.
Yep, it is wrong (apparently). The offside means a penalty can't be given but it seems there should still have been a red card check to see if there was deliberate attempt to play the ball on Pickford's part. The VAR David Coote checked for the penalty (and rightly didn't give it) but failed to then check the challenge independently as a red.

I'm interested in the "deliberate attempt to play the ball" part, mind, as I have no doubt that was an attempt to play the ball on Pickford's part. He's just awful at literally everything he does. Would be interested to know the standard they apply.

Baxter

He’s absolutely world class. Ronaldo would be proud of that leap.