PL Weekend Fixtures 17/10/20 - 19/10/20

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
He could start by using their best CB Rudiger instead of ostracising him, like he did to Giroud for much of last season.
Are you joking with this? Rudiger is probably our worst defender out of this poor bunch. Just ask the German fans on here.
Not sure what people expected Lampard to do here? We had our actual goalkeeper out injured and had to made do with the training dummy. I said before the game started I wish we had fecking Pickford in our post. Zouma has a brainfart with the back pass but the stupid shit excuse of a goalkeeper ducks out of a 50-50 he was clearly favorite to win. Even then with a second chance to clear it again he scuffs it to Che Adams. There is only so much a coach can do with stupid players.

Cloud7

I would be very surprised if Lampard is still the Chelsea manager next season

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Tino, what a player. Wish we had him at United, will be a great asset for Chelsea.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We signed a keeper who looks good and a defender people are criminally underestimating because of his age.

Furthermore finishing was just as big a problem last season, many dropped points in lesser games came because of that. And to further add you conceded 54 goals in 18/19 (like we did last season) and Ole did what you're suggesting we should do and "fix the defense" and guess what? You needed a game changing attacking signing to even gain parity on the 18/19 points total.
I don’t know why you’re comparing against United, we shouldn’t be a benchmark for any ambitious team. You’ve conceded an astonishing amount of goals under Lampard, a trend that has continued into this season. Comparing to United doesn’t make a jot of difference and only serves to deflect from your problems. If it all clicks in attack, you have a title winning unit. But you have a lower mid table back line.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Live a little. United are shit, so we may as well laugh at others when the opportunity arises.
Without a doubt. You'd need a heart of stone not to take pleasure in 7-2 and today's various mishaps for the Scousers, and that Chelsea result was very pleasing too. United are in a state but you may as well pack up if you can't enjoy your rivals making a mess of things.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Without a doubt. You'd need a heart of stone not to take pleasure in 7-2 and today's various mishaps for the Scousers, and that Chelsea result was very pleasing too. United are in a state but you may as well pack up if you can't enjoy your rivals making a mess of things.
The Liverpool 7-2 kept me sane after our hammering. Sent me into the international break with a smile despite our own shambolic situation.

AFC NimbleThumb

I know the press have always liked the way Arsenal play so have always been rather kind in their coverage but Arteta must be SAF, Pep & Shankley combined because that starting 11 doesn’t look capable of half of what I’m hearing about them.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t know why you’re comparing against United, we shouldn’t be a benchmark for any ambitious team. You’ve conceded an astonishing amount of goals under Lampard, a trend that has continued into this season. Comparing to United doesn’t make a jot of difference and only serves to deflect from your problems. If it all clicks in attack, you have a title winning attack. But you have a lower mid table back line.
The reason I brought the comparison is you shipped the exact same amount of goals in 18/19 as we did last season, the fact that you didn't improve on your points tally despite "fixing your defense" proves that the route wasn't nesseserily spunking £130m on a CB and a defensive fullback.

Furthermore we did sign three defensive pieces in the summer and two of them were out today, the one time we had all three we shut down a dangerous counter attacking side to scraps.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I know the press have always liked the way Arsenal play so have always been rather kind in their coverage but Arteta must be SAF, Pep & Shankley combined because that starting 11 doesn’t look capable of half of what I’m hearing about them.
Apart from playing out from the back their brand of football under Arteta has been dull.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
The reason I brought the comparison is you shipped the exact same amount of goals in 18/19 as we did last season, the fact that you didn't improve on your points tally despite "fixing your defense" proves that the route wasn't nesseserily spunking £130m on a CB and a defensive fullback.

Furthermore we did sign three defensive pieces in the summer and two of them were out today, the one time we had all three we shut down a dangerous counter attacking side to scraps.
You make a fair point, but I think your argument lacks the context around us remaining a relatively impotent attacking side. I would argue that our defensive improvement is what ultimately helped us to stand still instead of going backwards when it come to points total.

If you’re conceding somewhere in the region of 50 goals again this season then you will be around third or fourth at best. Your start to the season does not augur well and I can’t believe so many Chelsea fans are happy to deflect away from this. Have you spent the amount you have to piss around at third or fourth?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Luiz starting as Holding injured hamstring in warm up.
Thought Arsenal would get a draw here but him coming in last minute to probably get sent off again and Aguero coming out of nowhere to be fit again (I thought he was out until November) swings things towards City, will go for them to win 2-1.

Amazed Partey isn't starting. I know he's only signed but these are the sort of games where he could make a real difference for Arsenal compared to their usual lightweight midfields.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
You make a fair point, but I think your argument lacks the context around us remaining a relatively impotent attacking side. I would argue that our defensive improvement is what ultimately helped us to stand still instead of going backwards when it come to points total.

If you’re conceding somewhere in the region of 50 goals again this season then you will be around third or fourth at best. Your start to the season does not augur well and I can’t believe so many Chelsea fans are happy to deflect away from this. Have you spent the amount you have to piss around at third or fourth?
Exactly, and if we didn't bring any attackers in we'd be similarly impotent unless Pulisic was on form all season or Hudson Odoi had a breakthrough. Last season we were arguably better in this game in terms of tactically but we lost 2-0 and never looked like scoring, this time we score 3 with all goals and two of the assists coming from our new players.

Regarding the defense I'm not panicking just yet because.

1. 2 of our 3 new pieces to the jigsaw weren't on the pitch today.

2. This season so far has been so weird that despite it there's been other teams looking even worse at the back (including all three teams that finished above us last season).

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
No Chelsea fans are happy with the defensive shitshow so far. We're just not wanting to rip it all up and start again quite yet, especially as the players we signed have not played a single game together yet.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Walker at CB and Ake at LB for Pep. Guess Mendy is done.

Superunknown

Partey not playing? feck. I wanted to run agenda
It's that annoying thing managers do where they make new signings but then never include them in the first 11 straight away.

You've got a new toy. Play with it, already.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
No Chelsea fans are happy with the defensive shitshow so far. We're just not wanting to rip it all up and start again quite yet, especially as the players we signed have not played a single game together yet.
I personally don’t think you’ve done enough in terms of defensive reinforcements but let’s see how it comes out in the wash. I definitely don’t think Lampard and co are good enough to coach a considerable improvement from the defensive unit, so believe you are relying on individuals elevating you.