PL Weekend Fixtures 17/10/20 - 19/10/20

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Exactly, and if we didn't bring any attackers in we'd be similarly impotent unless Pulisic was on form all season or Hudson Odoi had a breakthrough. Last season we were arguably better in this game in terms of tactically but we lost 2-0 and never looked like scoring, this time we score 3 with all goals and two of the assists coming from our new players.

Regarding the defense I'm not panicking just yet because.

1. 2 of our 3 new pieces to the jigsaw weren't on the pitch today.

2. This season so far has been so weird that despite it there's been other teams looking even worse at the back (including all three teams that finished above us last season).
It’s fair not to knee jerk so early, but I would be worried that through Lampard’s albeit short managerial career thus far he has been unable to stem the tide of goals conceded. It seems as though you’ve started the season with the same old problems as last term. Let’s see.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Card for Rodri. Mahrez did the same thing less than a minute ago and didn't get a card. Typical cowardly refs allowing teams to stop counter-attacks like that most of the time without punishment.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I personally don’t think you’ve done enough in terms of defensive reinforcements but let’s see how it comes out in the wash. I definitely don’t think Lampard and co are good enough to coach a considerable improvement from the defensive unit, so believe you are relying on individuals elevating you.
We'll see of course.

I've said a few times that I'm not expecting us to become defensive masters but do expect an improvement, once the team can actually play together.

Mendy, Silva and Chilwell have played together once in the prem by the way (against Palace) and got a clean sheet.

Deery

Dreary
Should have been 2 yellows for City already where is the consistency

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I have not been impressed watching Arsenal this season to be honest but they do look more solid

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Solid is a word I would use to describe Arsenal at the moment and it's something they've sorely lacked. If Arteta can build on that foundation then I think they may finally be going places.

Partey would be another piece to that foundation, who I think may go to be the buy of the season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Arsenal can't play v Man. City unless they're at Wembley for some odd reason. Uphill struggle for them now to get anything.

vodrake

Bad mistake from the keeper there pushing the ball back into such a dangerous area

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Suspicions that Arsenal fecked off the wrong keeper getting stronger.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
City play some nice, composed football until it gets to Walker who just automatically hoofs it whenever he gets the chance.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I really rate him as he can play effectively across the attack without a great drop in form/ performance.

I rate him higher than Greenwood :nervous:
I don't rate him higher than Greenwood but he's a very good little player, shame he renewed with Arsenal.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Have they caught Arteta wanking to Pep on the sidelines yet?

Pagh Wraith

Arsenal seem to have given up on taking shots all together this season. Their performances under Arteta are even worse than under Emery. An Özil who could be bothered would do them a lot of good. They are crying out for some creativity.

Deery

Dreary
Arsenal need to get Aubameyang more centrally he’s wasted out on the wing.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
A Arsenal side lacking creativity feels like a weird thing to type but that's where they are.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Another game we're going to rue not putting to bed whilst dominating