PL Weekend Fixtures 17/10/20 - 19/10/20

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Fulham, Sheffield United and Burnley are going down.

I need to go to the bookies to get odds on this.
West Brom aswell.

Prem big boys can have halfway house of 19 teams in league next season.

Acole9

Outstanding
Just seen the result from the early match, Sheffield United are in big trouble now.

Deery

Dreary
Jesus, Mary and St Joseph if you’re giving penalties for that, I don’t know..

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
On paper Dunk and White seems a very solid partnership.#

That's actually even softer than our penalty yesterday :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Brighton seem to be a really good team.....who never seem to win many games or even keep clean sheets.

Will be 4 defeats out of 5 if they lose this.

Spark

Everything is a penalty at the moment. There was no foul from Lamptey at all there.

Deery

Dreary
Wee tiny Lampty pulling down batshuayi with a hand on the shoulder laughable

Untd55

How was that a penalty? Seriously, referees may have made wrong decisions before but at least they only had one chance to look at it. There is no excuse now for giving things like that. What is the point of VAR if they are not going to change bad decisions?

Needham

Oh joy, looks like Crystal Palace are going to be with us for another season. Used to think they brought gritty throwback authenticity. Now I'd sooner see Selhurst Park bulldozed and replaced with a Chinese bioweapons research centre.

AltiUn

Anyone else think Bissouma is someone we should be keeping our eye on? He's impressed me pretty much every time I've watched him.

Deery

Dreary
Maupay is a bit headless isn’t he good finisher but not much else

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Jesus, this game is desperately lacking quality.
But on a plus note, it's colourful, Brighton's kit clashes nicely with Palaces.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Oh joy, looks like Crystal Palace are going to be with us for another season. Used to think they brought gritty throwback authenticity. Now I'd sooner see Selhurst Park bulldozed and replaced with a Chinese bioweapons research centre.
:lol:

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
How is everyone seemingly watching this? It’s on pay per view? Surely you guys haven’t paid have you?
Well, a lot of us don't live in England. Been lying on my sofa whole Saturday afternoon and evening, watching, doing vudu jinx on some matches some teams, been pretty succesful, (Chelsea and Liverpool draw, Arse didn't score, so not perfect, but good enough) will do same today, starting next game.
:D

AltiUn

Is there any chance Benrahma starts for West Ham?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Brighton seem to be a really good team.....who never seem to win many games or even keep clean sheets.

Will be 4 defeats out of 5 if they lose this.
Feel like a side who play nice football and are tactically well drilled but they just don’t have the personnel. Or the luck.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Feel like a side who play nice football and are tactically well drilled but they just don’t have the personnel. Or the luck.
That's the thing. As a neutral I'd much rather watch Brighton play than Palace and bar Zaha you'd say their squads are of similar ability e.g. Lallana as good as Townsen, Maupay as good as Ayew/Batsuyhai, White as good as Cahill etc yet Palace hold on and they're already 6 clear of Brighton and will feel confident of finishing ahead of their rivals. Also beat Man. United comfortably which Brighton couldn't do despite their dominance.

So which coach of the two is getting the best out of the squads at their disposal? It's an interesting question.

Giggsy13

This season has a real 2016 feel about it. VVD going out could be blow things wide open. It’s a pity that the Glazers didn’t bring in one of Sancho or Upamecano this summer, as we probably could be challenging with the unpredictable early start to the season.