Players that will leave in the summer

parkthebuslads

I have a feeling (dread? nausea?) that Fellani will stay. He's playing hard ball but if Jose wants him as much as it seems...

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Carrick and Zlatan are retiring.

Blind and Darmian are out of favour and will want to go. Only their failure to qualify with their international teams for the World Cup meant that they did not push for a move in January.

Fellaini will like move for a better contract elsewhere.

That’s enough to move on probably.

kundalini

Players seem to leave United due to limited playing time.

Carrick and Zlatan aren't going to be offered new deals. Blind and Darmian featured a fair amount last season but much less this season. Despite starting against Sevilla, Fellaini is more often a sub when fit so may want to leave in order to play more. The Luke Shaw situation is unclear to me; the next 2 months may offer more clues as to his standing.

The rest I would expect to stay.

Not sure whether Mourinho feels Tuanzebe, TFM or Pereira are ready at this stage. It may depend on how much playing time they are willing to accept.

careca07

When I look at where Manchester United should be, and where we are now, the list of players Jose will be willing to get rid of is almost endless:

Phil Jones
Marcos Rojo
Chris Smalling
Michael Carrick
Daley Blind
Ashley Young
Luke Shaw
Zlatan Ibrahimović
Antonio Valencia
Marouane Fellaini
Matteo Darmian
Jesse Lingard

Ideally the new squad will look something like:
De Gea/Romero
RB/RB/Bailly/Lindelof/Fosu-Mensah/CB/LB/LB
Matic/Herrera/Pereira/McTominay/CM
RW/RW/Mata/Sanchez/Pogba/Martial
Lukaku/Rashford

That would bring us up to speed with Manchester City.

In reality we're likely to have to keep some of the dross, so the squad will be more like:
De Gea/Romero
Valencia/Jones/Bailly/Lindelof/Fosu-Mensah/CB/Young/LB
Matic/Herrera/Pereira/McTominay/CM
Lingard/Mata/Sanchez/Pogba/Martial
Lukaku/Rashford

:rolleyes:

This is the truth - people will think it's OTT but it's the reality of where we need to be if we want to compete not just with City but with the big five across Europe. It needs an enormous amount of money thrown at it, deadwood gone, and an attack-minded manager (which sadly I no longer think we have - the comments he made after Tuesday lost him my faith, and I've wanted him here for years.)

If people are fine with getting top four and a decent run at the two domestic cups every year, then we can afford to keep what we have and bring in maybe two or three players in the summer.

If we want to get serious and compete, and to finally start acting like the club Ed says we are on social media, then it needs someone to do what Pep did last summer at City and get seven in and seven out.

Reactions: SteveJ

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fellaini, blind, darmian, ibra, Carrick... possibly Shaw. Pogba might if there are real issues between him and Mourinho. Nothing else though.

El-Manos

I jest. He was playing well until his injury. And until his sending off against Arsenal. And until Sanchez was signed. And when we moved him to the left side of midfield. And...

I like Pogba but my God he could have done more since re-signing.
I totally agree but we lack options in the transfer market. A player of his quality who (might) be a better fit, would cost well over 100m in today’s inflated market. Unless someone is willing to spend a ridiculous amount on PP, it wouldn’t make sense to sell him. We are losing Carrick and possibly Fellaini, they need replacing, especially Carrick. McTom’s recent success might save us from signing 2 midfielders, remains to be seen however how he gets on for the remainder of this season.

red devil whitey

Valencia should be given a new contract not let go, seems to be one of very few to really try and has done really well. Another good season under his belt

buckooo1978

as a minimum Blind, Darmian, Carrick, Ibra and Fellaini

reckon we'd sooner see Mourinho leave than Pogba

RedMilo

Who should go - Darmian, Lindelof, Smalling, Fellaini & Zlatan

Who most likely will go - De Gea, Darmian, Shaw, Blind, Rojo, Fellaini, Pogba & Zlatan

stevoc

Carrick
Zlatan
Fellaini
Blind - £15M
Darmian - £15M
Shaw - £20M
Pereira - £20M
£15M for Darmian is pie on the sky, unless we can find a club that hasn't seen him actually play in the last 3 years.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Definites: Carrick, Zlatan
Highly likely: Fellaini, Darmian, Blind
Leaving if we can get a good replacement: Shaw
Possibilities: De Gea, Martial (De Gea if he pushes for Madrid and they pay up, Martial if we pursue a right winger)
Wildcards: Pereira, Jones

I don't think we'll be having such a big overhaul to see all 11 leave. Most likely to be 5 or 6 (Carrick, Zlatan and Fellaini with Darmian, Blind, Shaw and De Gea the other names in the mix). That is only if we see us sign 2 CMs and an LB. If we're after a CB then Jones gets thrown in the mix and if a winger then Martial.

Sing you a song

Carrick
Zlatan
Fellaini
Blind - £15M
Darmian - £15M
Shaw - £20M
Pereira - £20M
We are notoriously bad at getting value for our players in the transfer market.
Can't see us getting anymore than 10m each for Blind, Periera and Darmian maybe 20m for shaw.
Can also see Smalling and/or Jones going £20m each
Pogba 50/60m maximum
And maybe even Martial if price is right . So include Zlatan, Carrick, Fellaini and we have a massive transfer market ahead of us

Silas

We are notoriously bad at getting value for our players in the transfer market.
Can't see us getting anymore than 10m each for Blind, Periera and Darmian maybe 20m for shaw.
Can also see Smalling and/or Jones going £20m each
Pogba 50/60m maximum
And maybe even Martial if price is right . So include Zlatan, Carrick, Fellaini and we have a massive transfer market ahead of us
:lol:
No chance do any of them (apart from maybe Darmian) get sold for that cheap in this market.

tony54

Rumours will always be there but no way that we will sell pogba.
1) he is 25 year old
2) we payed him 100 mil
3) he is our only creative midfielder and he is our best midfielder despite his current bad form
4) carrick will leave. Maybe fellaini. So we will be short in midfield
5) he is our and adidas brand
I hope he goes, his personality is not suited to a top team, he is like a young child with his tantrums.
The money we could get for him could buy 2 or 3 young fit players with the right attitude.
In all my years as a MU fan I have not seen any player blatantly slacking , not just once but on several times, which can't be having a good affect on the other players. I also don't think he has a good engine, but just has flashes of effort and genius now and again.[/QUOTE]

1974_Fergie_Time

I think both Pogba and Martial will be off this summer and if we can get the same amount we bought them for that would be a good deal - we are unbalanced on the left hand side with 3 players for that position

Rashford is our golden boy so the club won't sell him and we just signed Sanchez so that leaves Martial as odd one out

Pogba will go too as i think ever since the League Cup Final jose has seen a problem with our midfield when Pogba neglects his defensive duties - watch the home game against Stoke Stephen Ireland should have scored 2 goals that night as Pogba never tracked back leaving Matic to do it all on his own at 30 years old no wonder he looked tired

Jose has tried to get Pogba again to listen to him in the Spurs game but to me that was the night Jose decided he will never learn

McTominay does the job better for Jose, even Fellaini is trusted more than Pogba now as we seen on Tuesday night we were still in the tie when the fans wanted change on came Pogba and Sevilla send on the Ben Yedder and the Sevilla coach/manager telling his players in a sign with his hands in a circular motion ( looked like he was saying there is a gaping hole in the centre) and to pass the ball through it and Pogba was just admiring it as Yedder scored

JohnnyKills

Definite: Carrick and Ibra
Almost certain: Blind, Damian, Fellaini
Quite possible: Smalling, Jones, Rojo (not all of them but could be two out of three), Herrera
Possible: Shaw, Pogba, Martial

JohnnyKills

I jest. He was playing well until his injury. And until his sending off against Arsenal. And until Sanchez was signed. And when we moved him to the left side of midfield. And...

I like Pogba but my God he could have done more since re-signing.
Why would they offer that much money? He's done nothing to deserve that. If they came with that money it'd be the sale of the century!

Roboc7

Carrick and Ibra are ovviously gone, you could also let blind, darmian, Rojo and Shaw leave without having to buy anyone.

Won’t happen but TFM, tuanzebe, Mitchell could be brought in instead and we wouldn’t be any worse off. McTominay emerging also contributes to that as well.

Revaulx

Carrick: retiring
Ibra: contract won’t be renewed
Fellaini: won’t sign a new contract
Darmian: little playing time; not good enough
Blind: like him a lot but not a Jose player

I can’t see more than these five going really, if even them. Jose wants Fellaini to renew. Darmian/Blind will probably depend on who comes in.

Longer odds on Shaw (Jose clearly not impressed, but I can see him staying) and one of Jones/Rojo.

The Pogba brand is devaluing fast. It’s not impossible that Ed might want to cut his losses.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Based on what? Because he is going through a bad patch?.
Because Jose has fallen out with him, combined with his poor performances. I think it will be a perfect storm of a manager who wants him gone, a player who wants out and an agent who will welcome another payday.

That would require an attractive club, willing to pay his current £17m (ish) salary and a transfer fee £100m+. Most of the top sides don't appear remotely interested. PSG might have been an option but they are already committed to buying Mbappe for a huge sum.

Pogba is stuck at United whether he likes it or not. His contract is until summer 2021 + 1 year option.
I think we would do well to recoup what we paid for him, and probably won't.

Nuts

As I said in his performance thread I suspect that Pogba will be gone in the summer.
Not a chance, he’s a long term project.

I actually think the club would get rid of Mourinho before Pogba actually. If he’s potentially one of the best players around and Mourinho can’t get a tune out of him then it’s bye bye Jose.

Alabaster Codify7

I don't think I care, at the moment. The usual suspects - Blind, Darmian, Carrick and Zlat (retire and MLS), Fellaini.
I think this might be DDG's summer unfortunately. We've just delivered nothing for him to be proud of, since SAF retired. He might think enough is enough.

As disappointing as he's been, we wont and shouldn't sell Pogba.

El-Manos

Because Jose has fallen out with him, combined with his poor performances. I think it will be a perfect storm of a manager who wants him gone, a player who wants out and an agent who will welcome another payday.

I think we would do well to recoup what we paid for him, and probably won't.
Ya clearly :lol::lol:

Now on a serious note, let's say you're right and they despise each other. Who the feck are we going to bring instead? Bearing in mind Carrick and most likely Fellaini are also gone. 3 potential midfielders to replace in one highly inflated transfer window? Good luuuuuuuuuuuck.

Revaulx

Not a chance, he’s a long term project.

I actually think the club would get rid of Mourinho before Pogba actually. If he’s potentially one of the best players around and Mourinho can’t get a tune out of him then it’s bye bye Jose.
Long term project for footballing or brand purposes?

Unless he really starts to deliver on the former, the latter will devalue rapidly. The majority of United fans, even diehard anti -Joses, have started to give up on him.

Roeindo

The damage is done when some of the fans think we should sell Pogba, Martial and Shaw.

Even Sanchez struggled in this current set up. We are not look like a better trained unit in attacking and defending. I wonder what we're doing in training session.

Our result depends on individual brilliance and luck not from a clear plan/tactics.

andyjgt1

Supports
Man City
Pogba will go too as i think ever since the League Cup Final jose has seen a problem with our midfield when Pogba neglects his defensive duties - watch the home game against Stoke Stephen Ireland should have scored 2 goals that night as Pogba never tracked back leaving Matic to do it all on his own at 30 years old no wonder he looked tired
I hate Stephen Ireland with a passion - the fittest player on the field, who came on in the 66th minute, failed to track the least fit field player (actually probably the second least fit given Neville started), who started, in the 93rd minute. Scholes scoring in the 93rd minute, or indeed doing ANYTHING after 70 if the five foot six stocky ginger asthmatic started rather than coming on as a sub, was an indictment to the other team from 2008 onwards.

Web of Bissaka

Is this about players who will likely leaving this summer realistically...
or
players whom you want to leave this summer? :rolleyes:

Zlatan is very likely.
Carrick is confirm.

Other than them, next most probable is Blind and Darmian, because of the small game times they were given, plus the team doesn't miss them that much.

Fellaini is next likeliest. Contract and well, he's the usual scapegoat for the negative football, which Jose tends to use and too much over rely on Fella for it.

I can see the rest staying... but of course everything else is uncertain.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not meant to bash Pogba, but humour me. If Real come to Manchester in the summer and offer 150M for Pogba. Would you take it?
I wouldn't. He can be a special. Our manager has to get the most out of players like Pogba, Martial, Sanchez etc. If we do that we'll be a frightening team for anyone to face.

fellaini's barber

I've been more dissapointed with our lack of outgoing transfers than incoming ones for a while. Does Jose really need 3 seasons to get rid of Darmian, Rojo, Blind? How many more years are we going to be satisfied with having full backs poor in attack like Valencia/Young and limited midfielders like Fellaini? At what point are we going to realise that we need better than Smalling as first choice CB?

Dan_F

I've been more dissapointed with our lack of outgoing transfers than incoming ones for a while. Does Jose really need 3 seasons to get rid of Darmian, Rojo, Blind? How many more years are we going to be satisfied with having full backs poor in attack like Valencia/Young and limited midfielders like Fellaini? At what point are we going to realise that we need better than Smalling as first choice CB?
There’s such a huge amount of average players in our squad. It was said when Jose came in that he liked working with a small squad, so I don’t really understand why he’s kept so many average players on. Rojo I can understand, he was in good form last season, but you can’t tell me Darmian and Blind were ever going to play a part this year.

I would love to see Tuanzebe and TFM become squad players after their loans finish, but I still have massive doubts about Jose’s ability to manage young players corrrectly.

Trizy

Probably 6. Not sure we can afford to bring in 6 considering we need 2 full backs, cb, mf and rw starters. Starters can cost 50m minimum in today's market.