Players who other people seem to rate

deafepl

Lingard, he is still young and looks so unreal talents at 17.

Crashoutcassius

Beyond boring United jokes, I don't really rate isco. I used to think bergkamp was a bit overrated, his fantastic moments I don't think represented his general level of play. You Would still miss a player like that nowadays though. I never rated nani or very young Ronaldo found both so frustrating. Years on I think I get them better now, but not sure either would have been effective outside a genius saf team

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Ziyech, Neres, and Van De Beek will all be exposed as nothing special players when/if they leave Ajax and go to another club.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Willian. He can only beat players if there's loads of space behind them and he doesn't make any runs in the box so he's basically useless for 80% of our games. Non Chelsea fans rate him because they only watch our big games and the other team is usually prepared to attack us so he's far more effective than he normally is.

Stadjer

Griezzman.

This might be because i only see him play during a international tournament or a incidental Atletico knock-out fase CL games but i never think "this guy deserves a place on the ball d'or podium".

Some people (and he himself) seem to think he is atleast top 5 in the world.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Smalling for sure. I don't actually think he's a terrible defender by any means but blimey the abuse Southgate gets on here whenever he leaves him out of the England squad is comical.:lol:

On a general note, probably someone like Rabiot. Decent enough in his French league bubble but think he'd struggle in a more fast paced league.

BrownRecluse

Supports
Liverpool
Theo Walcott. So promising, but hasn’t really delivered in his career.

Steerpike

Smalling for sure. I don't actually think he's a terrible defender by any means but blimey the abuse Southgate gets on here whenever he leaves him out of the England squad is comical.:lol:

On a general note, probably someone like Rabiot. Decent enough in his French league bubble but think he'd struggle in a more fast paced league.
How many goals would England have conceded against The Netherlands if Smalling had played instead of Stones? The latter is a good example for this forum.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
DDG and Romelu
I was also going to say de Gea. He is a very good goalkeeper, but most United fans are absolutely sure that he was the best goalkeeper over the last couple of years. I don’t think one supporter of any other club would agree.

Enigma_87

You know who
Definitely Smalling. Bang average defender.

Declan Rice - can't really see the fuss about him.

Romero - shit to average keeper at best.

Tiber

Definitely Smalling. Bang average defender.

Declan Rice - can't really see the fuss about him.

Romero - shit to average keeper at best.
Romero is a great shout. The idea that some fans want to hand him the United job if DDG leaves just because he is sitting around Carrington anyway is bizzaro. No other big club would take a second look at him

Pace Abuser

Maguire - I'm bloody hopelessly lost at the hyping of this oaf.

Griezman - he's just a Lingard with a better finish.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Pogba - people treat him like a god. If the likes of Modric or De Bruyne were putting in bad performances like he has done they would be called overrated.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Pogba - people treat him like a god. If the likes of Modric or De Bruyne were putting in bad performances like he has done they would be called overrated.
Modric or KDB would struggle
to look much better playing for dysfunctional teams.

I was also going to say de Gea. He is a very good goalkeeper, but most United fans are absolutely sure that he was the best goalkeeper over the last couple of years. I don’t think one supporter of any other club would agree.
Plenty of rival supporters rate De Gea very very highly, plenty rated him as the best in the world over the last couple of years, he’s just had a really poor season.

Ibi Dreams

I believe that Cavani is a good player, but I swear I've watched him play about ten times and he's been utter shite every single time. I've literally never seen him do anything good, live at least. His compilations are good.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
  • Griezmann - (compared to what many on here rate him as). Was class a few years ago, overrated now.
  • Bale during his time at Real Madrid. Also his best season was as a #10 where everyone did everything around him, where his main quality was shooting outside the box.. Useful of course, but never top top class IMO.
  • Kyle Walker
  • Harry Maguire - decent CB but barely worth 15m over our current CB's after Lindelof, let alone spending 80m...
  • Benjamin Mendy - people were labeling him as a top left back when he played 1 game for City. Perma crock
  • Lukaku - until everyone had the same opinion this season
  • Pogba - is quality but as a center midfielder not that amazing. He's an Ozil type player who can look great and really dominate some teams and his best work is in the final 3rd (but with worse decision making than Ozil), while being meh the rest of the time
  • Willian - he scores some bangers but is average apart from that
  • Gabriel Jesus - promising but not in the very elite tier of young players
  • Dele Alli - would struggle if he left Spurs to be an important player at any top team
  • Dybala - A quality player with potential to be a top player sure, but people started viewing him as a truly top player who fulfilled that when really I don't think he ever stepped out of the "young and inconsistent" phase
  • [Irrelevant point] - has good free kicks, awful defensively. Only did well in a back 5
  • Trippier - (Until recently I guess). Takes good set pieces. Truly awful defender, not sure if he'd even be an upgrade over Young from a defensive POV
  • Joao Felix - Renato Sanches 2.0

MrBest

• Griezmann - (compared to what many on here rate him as). Was class a few years ago, overrated now.
  • Bale during his time at Real Madrid.
  • Kyle Walker
  • Harry Maguire - decent CB but barely worth 15m over our current CB's after Lindelof, let alone spending 80m...
  • Benjamin Mendy - people were labeling him as a top left back when he played 1 game for City. Perma crock
  • Lukaku - until everyone had the same opinion this season
  • Pogba - is quality but as a center midfielder not that amazing. He's an Ozil type player who can look great and really dominate some teams and his best work is in the final 3rd (but with worse decision making than Ozil), while being meh the rest of the time
  • Willian - he scores some bangers but is average apart from that
  • Gabriel Jesus - promising but not in the very elite tier of young players
  • Dele Alli - would struggle if he left Spurs to be an important player at any top team
  • Dybala - A quality player with potential to be a top player sure, but people started viewing him as a truly top player who fulfilled that when really I don't think he ever stepped out of the "young and inconsistent" phase
  • [Irrelevant point] - has good free kicks, awful defensively. Only did well in a back 5
  • Trippier - (Until recently I guess). Takes good set pieces. Truly awful defender, not sure if he'd even be an upgrade over Young from a defensive POV
  • Joao Felix - Renato Sanches 2.0
Generally agree with your list but i really rate Mendy, it is a shame he is alway injured. If he could stay fit, city would be sorted at left back. I think Jesus has a lot to offer - just a shame Augero is 3x the player he is now. I think he has the talent to lead the line in the future.

I think the verdict is still out on Felix. Definitely looks talented but after one season and a rumoured 100m fee is just a joke.

I am so glad you put Ali there, so hyped up because he is English. He looks so average since his breakthrough year.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Wan-Bissaka

Pretty good player for his age but not in the same class of fullback as Kimmich, Robertson, or TAA. He was a lot of Kyle Walker in him, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Personally, my prototypical fullback is prime Dani Alves. Don't understand the hype for AWB, but I do wish him well regardless of where he ends up.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Generally agree with your list but i really rate Mendy, it is a shame he is alway injured. If he could stay fit, city would be sorted at left back. I think Jesus has a lot to offer - just a shame Augero is 3x the player he is now. I think he has the talent to lead the line in the future.

I think the verdict is still out on Felix. Definitely looks talented but after one season and a rumoured 100m fee is just a joke.

I am so glad you put Ali there, so hyped up because he is English. He looks so average since his breakthrough year.
Joao Felix might turn into a good player, not saying he doesn't have potential, I'm just calling it that if he goes for 100m that he'll struggle massively because that's not an easy thing to live up to. He isn't ready for that. Mendy if he was fit always and committed to playing football/more professional then maybe, but he's always injured and Pep constantly calls him out for lacking focus so it's pointless.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Plenty of rival supporters rate De Gea very very highly, plenty rated him as the best in the world over the last couple of years, he’s just had a really poor season.
Yeah. It's strange how 2-3 months of bad form can completely change people's opinions on someone who has been consistently world class for a number of years in a shite side. Baffling.

Needham

Yeah. It's strange how 2-3 months of bad form can completely change people's opinions on someone who has been consistently world class for a number of years in a shite side. Baffling.
De Gea's problem is that he is a brilliant shot stopper (outstanding in one on ones) but there initial were question marks about distribution, crosses and the like. Now his shot-stopping has suffered a dip he seems mortal, droppable, more like Emilia Chesborough than Florence Griffiths Joyner. It's inevitable that people will doubt his long term fortability.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
De Gea's problem is that he is a brilliant shot stopper (outstanding in one on ones) but there initial were question marks about distribution, crosses and the like. Now his shot-stopping has suffered a dip he seems mortal, droppable, more like Emilia Chesborough than Florence Griffiths Joyner. It's inevitable that people will doubt his long term fortability.
I think this only started to be looked at once Ederson and, to a much lesser extent, Alisson came to the fore. Lindegaard makes very good points about this in a recent interview (I made a thread for it). As others have also mentioned elsewhere, de Gea's distribution improved a lot under LVG. It's not been great under Jose, but we've also not had a clearly defined way of playing, a "target man" who can't time his headers nor win aerial battles. Not to forget that we've not had a long-running trusted back 4 in ages. And still, opposition fans have pretty unanimously considered de Gea the best GK in the league up until this season.