Players who "quiet quit" at football

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Quiet quitting is an application of work-to-rule, in which employees work within defined work hours and engage solely in activities within those hours. Despite the name, the philosophy of quiet quitting is not connected to quitting a job outright, but rather doing precisely what the job requires.[1] Proponents of quiet quitting also refer to it as acting your wage.[2]
So which players put in just enough effort to avoid being sold or let go?

Also don't just say players you don't like because some players don't even put effort in. While others put effort in but lack talent.

El Zoido

Pretty sure the official Man Utd website has a squad listing, you don’t need to get it here.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Most 2nd choice goalkeepers - Carlo Cudicini being the most high profile ones I can remember.

Fabianski stayed way to long at Arsenal, same with the other one I can't spell without googling (cba to google).

Red the Bear

Something less generic
That's what quiet quitting is about, doing the bare minimum which he did.
But he really didn't, going off by your op he didn't avoid being sold off , they just couldn't find a buyer for him.
I recall he actually wanted to leave one summer as there was an offer for him but Madrid didn’t allow him to.
Yeah, that was before him giving up on club football , after that he seemed to do everything in his power to piss off Madrid.

BerryBerryShrew

Would a guy like Scholes count given his aversion to doing media work or anything connected with the club apart from playing (while he was under contract with us obviously- he has become a rentaquote since he started getting paid for it)?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Would a guy like Scholes count given his aversion to doing media work or anything connected with the club apart from playing (while he was under contract with us obviously- he has become a rentaquote since he started getting paid for it)?
His main job was playing football, that's all we needed from him. Deffo doesn't fit this category. We didn't give him a contract for his media prowess or marketability.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Bogarde at Chelsea surely? Followed the terms of his contract to the letter, knowing he wasn't going to play and that Chelsea wouldn't be able to sell him.

Kaos

Assou-Ekoto at Spurs. I remember he was quite open about how football was just a job for him. He spent a considerable time at Spurs being an average fullback who got plenty of gametime.

Trequarista10

Most 2nd choice goalkeepers - Carlo Cudicini being the most high profile ones I can remember.

Fabianski stayed way to long at Arsenal, same with the other one I can't spell without googling (cba to google).
Hard to tell with 2nd choice keepers. A lot of ex-players say the good ones have an important role training with and supporting the 1st choice, being a positive influence in the dressing room, and being prepared in case called upon. Definitely a nice gig though.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
For some reason i thought quiet quitting was doing less than the bare minumum...guess you learn something everyday.
It's corporate jargon that basically shames people for not going above and beyond without being paid more.

@Trequarista10 I know it's an important role, but I'm sure most know they're signing on to be backup - picking up millions in the process, no doubt Heaton is a good character around the dressing room (from reports) but at £42,000 a week, you'd expect more than smiles, same as Grant before him, at £30,000 a week to be a (rumoured) leak.

For reference, we were paying Grant the same as Stoke City, the highest he had ever earned, and Heaton peaked at Villa making £57,000 a week - it's fair to say United pay their semi retired back ups very well, so why wouldn't they quiet quit?

Anyway, my answer still stands, 2nd choice goalies...and Phil Jones.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It's corporate jargon that basically shames people for not going above and beyond without being paid more.

@Trequarista10 I know it's an important role, but I'm sure most know they're signing on to be backup - picking up millions in the process, no doubt Heaton is a good character around the dressing room (from reports) but at £42,000 a week, you'd expect more than smiles, same as Grant before him, at £30,000 a week to be a (rumoured) leak.

For reference, we were paying Grant the same as Stoke City, the highest he had ever earned, and Heaton peaked at Villa making £57,000 a week - it's fair to say United pay their semi retired back ups very well, so why wouldn't they quiet quit?

Anyway, my answer still stands, 2nd choice goalies...and Phil Jones.
Yeah that would make sense re those capitalist buggers.

Geez, on those salaries, we're definitely paying our 3rd choice keepers (and other backups) a crap load of money!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Anyone mentioned Drinkwater?

mu4c_20le

Donny van de Beek. Show up for work, get disappointed by team sheet, go home sleep repeat.

MDFC Manager

Hard to tell with 2nd choice keepers. A lot of ex-players say the good ones have an important role training with and supporting the 1st choice, being a positive influence in the dressing room, and being prepared in case called upon. Definitely a nice gig though.
On the downside, they're just getting sprayed with shots in training

Glorio

Grant - our ex keeper. Perhaps through no fault of his own, but that definitely seemed the case

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
The one that springs to mind for Chelsea in the Roman era is Paulo Ferreira. I still can't believe he was here for 9 years until his retirement in 2013.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Mariano

Collects nice wages and enjoys life in Madrid, rarely plays and doesn't care either, shows no passion whatsoever, but follows his contract to a T, and is against leaving every summer, as one would expect.

The only downside for him would be not getting any half-decent offers in 7 months, due to a lack of playtime in the last couple of years.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Ronaldo was a very poor trainer. I guess he counts. I just dislike the label 'quiet quit', I thought it originally meant people who just stopped showing up at work. I was really confused that people consider doing what they're paid to do 'quiet quitting'. It's nonsense.

PixieScott

Potentially those who left the Top 5 leagues (while they could have stayed) could count too. e.g., Oscar, Hulk

led_scholes

Anyone who joined a chinese or a saudi Arabian club during their peak.