Players who went injury free their whole career?

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Thomas Muller had a ridiculous record until this season, apparently hadn't even missed a training session or something.

Andeva

Supports
FK Haugesund
Can’t remember Giggs or Figo getting any major Injuries
If Zanetti was 1/2 human he would have retired before his major injury at 39
Gareth Barry
Figo broke his foot to Nedved at the end of his careere.

Red_toad

Lampard was a machine for Chelsea, as was Bogarde for them as well, there was no way he was going to risk getting injured, 9 appearance in 4 years explains why :lol:

For us Scholes, Bruce, Pallister and Irwin always seemed to be available.

Trizy

Ronaldo and Messi.

Ronaldo
748 club appearances. 47 missed (transfermarkt). 5.9% of games missed.
147 national team appearances. Unknown games missed.

Messi:
651 clubs appearances. 83 missed (transfermarkt). 11.3% of games missed.
102 national team appearances. Unknown games missed.

Compare this with a sick note -

Bale:
419 club appearances. 84 missed (transfermarkt). 16.6% of games missed. I thought this record would be worse to be honest.

Kompany:
476 club appearances. 133 missed (transfermarkt). 21.8% of games misseed.

And best for last:

Jack Wilshere.
224 club appearnces. 155 missed (transfermartk). 40.8% of games missed :lol:

Such a crazy record given the games Ronaldo and Messi have played. Ronalo approaching on 1,000 games played for clubs and country. How he's legs haven't given up is beyond me!

Last edited:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I remember when with us, Evra was never unavailable. Fergie was rotating for virtually every game with Evra the only constant. What a player he was for us!
I remember him playing through illness a couple of times, including one time when he puked on the touchline just before kick off and then played the full 90. Nails.

Before United, he once played with a chicken fillet in his boot to cushion a foot injury. Apparently after the game it was practically cooked.

They don't make them like that anymore.

belanglos

Supports
Bayern München
Marc van Bommel never had a big injury - a broken toe once.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
Phil Neal played 417 consecutive games for Liverpool between October 1976 and September 1983. Then he missed three games due to an injury against Man United before making another 127 appearances in a row.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Seeing as he's in the news a bit Gareth Barry.

When he played his ten years for us think he played 30 + league games for all but one season (and that year he was benched by John Gregory as he wouldn't sign a new contract at the time). Can only remember him being injured for about 6 weeks once.

Same at Man. City. He got injured before 2010 world cup but that was a game in May and he still played for England (tournament when Ozil motored past him like Usain Bolt).

Even in the last few years he's still made about 30 odd appearences at Everton.

Edit: Didn't read first page.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Milner would be another one I suspect. Barely missed a game when he played for us but of course rotation at Man. City and Liverpool has limited his game time.

Luke1995

Harry Kane doesn't even pick up muscle injuries. When he misses games is because he's ill with a flu or something like that. Been really lucky given the incredible impact he's made in football since 2014. If he continues like that, will smash all the goals records.

Rooney's only serious injury came before the 2006 world cup and still he played.

Ronaldinho is another one who never got a serious injury, and how he managed that is beyong understanding as he love to dribble again and again, sometimes just for the sake of it.

diarm

Timmy Simons has been playing professional football for 24 seasons and has missed only 3 games through injury. He pulled a hamstring against United in 2015 and missed 2 games. The other one was with back trouble in 2005.

Shortly before that United match, he told a reporter that he occasionally allows himself to have chips when out to dinner with his wife. When he does, he makes her stop the car a few miles from home so he can run them off.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
Didn't Brad Friedal have an amazing record of playing in consecutive games?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ronaldo.

Especially for us. The only times I remember him missing a few games consecutively was from suspension. Pretty sure he has a good injury record at Madrid too, obviously he missed some games after his injury at the euros.
Ronaldo had a surgery after the 2008 Euros and missed the first month and a half of the season for us. Also in his first year at Real he missed a fair chunk of the season through injury. If I remember correctly it was around this time that some voodoo priest had claimed to have placed a curse on him that wouldn't let th injury heal.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Anyone else remember Giggs wearing tights to keep his hamstrings warm?

AngliaRed

Ronaldo had a surgery after the 2008 Euros and missed the first month and a half of the season for us. Also in his first year at Real he missed a fair chunk of the season through injury. If I remember correctly it was around this time that some voodoo priest had claimed to have placed a curse on him that wouldn't let th injury heal.
Oh yeah, good memory mate, I remember now his surgery in 08 and also that voodoo priest thing!

lysglimt

Scout
Brian McClair was hardly ever injured - I think he played 32+ league matches over 10 seasons in a row (including Celtic) - and in his first 6 seasons with us he played over 300 matches. Mark Hughes was another one who was close to the same levels.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Phil Neal played 417 consecutive games for Liverpool between October 1976 and September 1983. Then he missed three games due to an injury against Man United before making another 127 appearances in a row.
:eek:

ROFLUTION

C. Eriksen played every game for Ajax and plays every game for Spurs. always fit.
Always avoids tackling too, which is one reason why.

I Remember Laudrup once talking about how important it was to be able to fall correctly when tackled (not diving) - saved him from a lot of injuries

Oh Yeah and: Sanchez - too fast/clever with his feet to get stuck in the ground seems to be the trademark with him, Ronaldo and Messi

Ganklabb

Supports
Bayern München
Lahm played 517 matches for Bayern, i think he missed less than 30 but i could not find the exact details.

RedDevil@84

Ronaldo and Messi avoid tackles like a plague. I have seen them jump exactly at the last moment many a time. Think it is a practiced trick.

Blackwidow

Lahm played 517 matches for Bayern, i think he missed less than 30 but i could not find the exact details.
Lahm ruptured his cruciate ligament in the 04/05 season when he was loaned to Stuttgart - that is why Lizarazu played another season for Bayern - and broke his ankle in 14/15. He had 517 matches for Bayern (and 64 for Stuttgart), Schweinsteiger exactly 500 - Müller probably will reach them before he is 30 as he already got 422 (was in the press this weekend as he reached Rummenigge with this).

Canagel

Rashford has been very good. This is his first injury since bursting on to the scene 2 years ago. Still a long long time to go before he can be added to this list of players though.