Players whose stints at United are totally forgotten....

Winrar

Gerard Pique
Paddy McNair
Guillermo Varela
Matteo Darmian
Morgan Schneiderlin
Wilfred Zaha
Tyler Blackett

I would add Dong Fangzhou but he might be memorable to some for wrong reasons

Blood Mage

Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin, the most forgettable midfield partnership in the club's history.

lysglimt

Scout
I dunno; perhaps you're right. Maybe their bad experiences at United destroyed their confidence.

SAF did say in one of his autobiographies that his first mistake at United was getting rid of Davenport. And he did form a good partnership with Choccy, unlike Hughes.
But Davenport and Hughes hardly played together.

Davenport arrived at the end of the 85/86 season - and played 11 matches scored 1 goal - Hughes had a good season but scored a majority of his goals in the first 1/3 of the season when United won 13 of the first matches. Then his goals dried up and didn't really improve a lot when Davenport arrived.

Mark Hughes then left prior to the 86/87 season and Davenport actually had a good season - unlike most United-players. He scored 14 goals in 39 matches.

By 87/88 - United had signed McClair who had a superb season, Davenport scored 5 goals in 21 starts

Hughes returned the summer of 88 - and Davenport got off to a good start scoring 2 goals in 5 games - but was sold after just 8 matches.

So Davenport and Hughes at best can have played 19 league matches together - and Davenport / Hughes didn't score many goals in those games.

Revaulx

But Davenport and Hughes hardly played together.

Davenport arrived at the end of the 85/86 season - and played 11 matches scored 1 goal - Hughes had a good season but scored a majority of his goals in the first 1/3 of the season when United won 13 of the first matches. Then his goals dried up and didn't really improve a lot when Davenport arrived.

Mark Hughes then left prior to the 86/87 season and Davenport actually had a good season - unlike most United-players. He scored 14 goals in 39 matches.

By 87/88 - United had signed McClair who had a superb season, Davenport scored 5 goals in 21 starts

Hughes returned the summer of 88 - and Davenport got off to a good start scoring 2 goals in 5 games - but was sold after just 8 matches.

So Davenport and Hughes at best can have played 19 league matches together - and Davenport / Hughes didn't score many goals in those games.
Sorry, I meant Choccy and Hughes didn’t hit it off together :)

wolvored

Bellion. Fergie was hoping for another Henry.
Djemba. Fergie was hoping for another Vieira.
Taibi. Italian goalie, couldnt judge the bounce, ball went through his legs.
Earlier in the 80s we bought Moses. Fantastic midfielder at the baggies, but injury prone as soon as he came with the Robson deal.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Before my time, but always remember my dad saying he liked Carlo Sartori at some stage growing up.

Never really seen anything of him I can remember.

McTerminator

Fallaini is like a repressed nightmare. I can be sleeping soundly having total forgotten his time here and then bam! Wide awake and sweating.

Nickosaur

Always found Kleberson a weird one. Part of the Brazil WC winning squad in 2002 wasn't he?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
We signed a young lad called Graeme Tomlinson in the mid 90's. Was touted as the next Shearer. Don't think he made an appearance.

Kevin Pilkington was also very highly rated at the time but it didn't happen.
Tomlinso made 1 appearance as sub in a league game - he was there for 4 years!

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
[against dric has landed, post: 29915597, member: 120796"]
Neil Webb
[/QUOTE]
He was overshadowed by that prat Knighton before his debut aginst Arsenal and scored that day - that was bout his highlight at United

galwayfa

[against dric has landed, post: 29915597, member: 120796"]
Neil Webb
He was overshadowed by that prat Knighton before his debut aginst Arsenal and scored that day - that was bout his highlight at United
[/QUOTE]
He gave a wonderful pass to Lee Martin in Fa cup final replay v Crystal Palace to score only goal of the game, a pity he got injured, was never same player after, on that note
also Lee Martin for players you forgot played for us

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
He gave a wonderful pass to Lee Martin in Fa cup final replay v Crystal Palace to score only goal of the game, a pity he got injured, was never same player after, on that note
also Lee Martin for players you forgot played for us
[/QUOTE]
Yeah he did, I missed that game because my boss wouldn't let me have time off work

ScholesyTheWise

Biram Diop
Tosic
Ljajic (sp?)
Manucho
Josh (was that his name?) King
Schneiderlin

in a couple of years:

Mkhitarian, Kagawa

spiriticon

Andy Goram, Scottish legend

Edit: Walter Smith, who won the league 7 times in a row with Rangers in the mid 90s, was also our assistant manager for a short while

Last edited:

simplyared

Both came from city:
Wyn Davies and Peter Barnes
and then there was Laurie Cunningham. Played for West Brom and had a stint at Real Madrid. Some player he was but don't ask me how he performed for us as I had no idea he'd worn the shirt.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Bellion. Fergie was hoping for another Henry.
Djemba. Fergie was hoping for another Vieira.
Taibi. Italian goalie, couldnt judge the bounce, ball went through his legs.
Earlier in the 80s we bought Moses. Fantastic midfielder at the baggies, but injury prone as soon as he came with the Robson deal.
Moses was only injured in his last couple of seasons...he played regularly in his first three.