Players you 100% want to leave in the summer

Pavl3n

I checked an old list. Chong and Dubravka aren't here anymore, who cares.

Point still stands with the other two - United are awful at chopping deadwood. Wouldn't be surprised if we offer both Jones and Tuanzebe five-year contracts.
Jones had a testimonial video on twitter and Romano reported we'll let go Tuanzebe.

Tibs

Maguire, McTominay, Sancho...if that can generate over a hundred million, massive result if we invest it wisely.

Alfie092

Don't forget Telles.

Maybe Dalot as well.

Sancho cannot be sold unless someone comes in with at least his transfer fee.
What's his transfer fee?

If you mean the transfer fee we paid for him which is around £75m, then no way is ANY club in the world willing to pay that. Absolute maximum we would get for him would be £50-£55m, even then I think we would do well to sell for that much considering how bad we are at selling players.

I'm open to giving him 1 last chance with another season to show what he can do, only because I know the talent is there. However, if we ain't going to get a big transfer budget and need to sell before we can buy then I would prefer to sell as I'm not convinced he would be able to showcase his true potential at this club, or even in the Premier League. It's not like he had a dip in form for 1 season, he has been poor since he has been at the club, which is 2 years now!

FerociousCorgis

What's his transfer fee?

If you mean the transfer fee we paid for him which is around £75m, then no way is ANY club in the world willing to pay that. Absolute maximum we would get for him would be £50-£55m, even then I think we would do well to sell for that much considering how bad we are at selling players.

I'm open to giving him 1 last chance with another season to show what he can do, only because I know the talent is there. However, if we ain't going to get a big transfer budget and need to sell before we can buy then I would prefer to sell as I'm not convinced he would be able to showcase his true potential at this club, or even in the Premier League. It's not like he had a dip in form for 1 season, he has been poor since he has been at the club, which is 2 years now!
it has been posted quite a bit lately. Not sure the specifics numbers but something like has to be at least a 45-50 million transfer just to break even on him. So with many people saying to sell sancho for like 30-40 and add that to transfer budget it doesnt work that way.

surf

Players who are leaving or probably should for the sake of their careers - Tuanzebe, Jones, Bailly, Williams, Maguire, Telles, Beek, Henderson, Weghorst, Sabitzer, Butland. Some of the younger players too as there isn't room for all of them in the first team squad.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Henderson
Martial
Maguire
McTominay
Telles
Tuanzebe
Bailly
Jones
Elanga
Chong
Van de Beek
Weghorst

This should generate about 120-150m for the players we need. I would add Sancho to the list but that's obviously not going to happen.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Martial
Maguire
McTominay
Telles
Tuanzebe
Bailly
Jones
Elanga
Chong
Van de Beek
Weghorst

This should generate about 120-150m for the players we need. I would add Sancho to the list but that's obviously not going to happen.
I think Dean Henderson is a certainty to leave as well.

GiddyUp

I think we should hold on to Sancho and McTominay for now. I feel there is more to come from both of them as part of a functional squad.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think we should hold on to Sancho and McTominay for now. I feel there is more to come from both of them as part of a functional squad.
I'm sure they're both better than what they've shown this year, but am not sure whether they would be ok with being full time squad players. Garnacho and Rashford are likely to occupy the left and it looks like we may buy another top midfielder, which would squeeze McTominay out, especially if Fred and Sabitzer stick around.

Demon Barber

Henderson - got to go
Martial - needs to go
Maguire - must go
McTominay - could be useful
Telles - who?
Tuanzebe - gone
Bailly - shame, but gone
Jones - did an amazing gurn once
Elanga - no idea who he is
Chong - *shrug*
Van de Beek - no idea if he is any good or not
Weghorst - irrelevant
Hmmm .. well that worked!

croadyman

Henderson
Martial
Maguire
McTominay
Telles
Tuanzebe
Bailly
Jones
Elanga
Chong
Van de Beek
Weghorst

What are your valuations to reach that much

NoPace

Stay:
Rashford, Antony, Garnacho, Amad, Pellistri
Bruno, Eriksen, Casemiro, Fred
Shaw, Malacia, Dalot, Wan-Bissaka, Alvaro
Lisandro, Varane, Lindelof

5 attackers, 3 mids, 4 fullbacks and 3 center backs. That's 15 players. Add 2 keepers and you're up to 17, and we need two #9s a #8, a #6, a CB and 2 keepers. That's 21 players, like say this:

----------------------------ST1(ST2)---------------------- / Rashford
Rashford(Garnacho)---------------Antony(Amad) / Pellistri
--------------------------Bruno(Eriksen)--------------- / Amad
----------------#8 (Eriksen)-------------------------------- / Fred
------------------------------Casemiro(#6)--------------- / Mainoo
Shaw(Malacia)----------------------------Dalot(Wan-Bissaka) / Alvaro
----------Lisandro(Lindelof)---Varane(RCB)------- / Shaw
----------------------------GK1(GK2)--------------------------

If we can't handle that many signings, keep De Gea (GK2), Martial (ST2) for a year and then you only need to bring in a #9, a keeper, RCB and 2 midfielders, which should be possible with fees for Sancho, Maguire, McTominay, Henderson. Tired of a giant squad of mediocre players.

9 Defenders for 4 spots, with Alvaro as 5th fullback and Shaw is the 5th CB.

Midfield is a player light but Amad and Mainoo competing to be a 6th guy is fine, they both look promising. Fred gets one last year, then we sign another #8, and Eriksen becomes full-time #10 backup.

Attack looks good with 2 strikers and Rashford as options up top, Garnacho and Amad in their right place as backup looking to improve and Pellistri works hard and has potential, 5th winger, 7th guy in attack for 3 spots feels right.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What are your valuations to reach that much
I think Henderson, Maguire, McTominay, Martial, and Elanga could get us most of the way. there. We tend to severely undervalue our players because we're frustrated with some their performances, but to many clubs, they are exactly what they want for various roles. Take for instance the press about Henderson going to Forest for 30m. Even if he doesn't go for quite that much, its still an indication that we can probably get much more for some of our more marketable players than many previously believed.

Last edited:

Waynne

Maguire,
Martial,
McTominay,
Sancho,
Van Der Beek,
De Gea.

SecondFig

Realistically;
  1. Tuanzebe
  2. Williams
  3. Jones
  4. Henderson
  5. Bailly
  6. Telles
  7. Van der Beek
  8. Weghorst (love his attitude, just not good enough)
  9. Sabitzer (unless Bayern massively drop their asking price - not good enough as a starter)
  10. Martial (just can't stay fit, pointless keeping him)
  11. Maguire (best for both parties if he moves on)
  12. Fred (he can be fantastic, but he can also be absolutely diabolical - just far too inconsistent)

Bob Contact

Driving to Festivus with all the windows down
Henderson
Martial
Maguire
McTominay
Telles
Tuanzebe
Bailly
Jones
Elanga
Chong
Van de Beek
Weghorst

Pretty much this, I would add DDG & Williams though. Nothing personal on the Wout front, as far as I can see he's been precisely what we should have expected, a Burnley level warm body that works hard. You are what you is...

RickRudesDong

The two I'd most like gone are Sancho and Anthony.

Sancho is absolutely done as a top player, and Anthony is too expensive to be seen as a squad player so while he's here he will be starting - and in my opinion there are far, far better wingers that could & should be starters for United.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Henderson - 30m
Martial - 15m
Maguire - 30m
McTominay - 25m
Telles - 5m
Tuanzebe - free
Bailly - free
Jones - free
Elanga - 10m
Chong - hasn’t he already been sold?
Van de Beek - doubt anything will happen til he’s proven his fitness
Weghorst - loan expires

I’d say 115m, my prices above
I think some of the youngsters could be sold too for smaller prices
Fred, Dalot and AWB may be considered too
Lindelof too if ETH would ever return my calls

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not to suggest anything sinister at play, but I can’t help but notice the ‘convenient’ timing of a number of injuries our players on the chopping block seem to pick up.

Last summer, Jones, Tuanzebe, Williams, Wan-Bissaka all conspired to somehow get themselves injured for the entirety of the transfer window despite having played no football, Van de Beek is injured approaching this summer, Scott McTominay is injured approaching this summer and Dean Henderson is injured approaching the summer.

The timing of these are quite annoying, and another obstacle we need to look out for in shifting players this summer.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Not to suggest anything sinister at play, but I can’t help but notice the ‘convenient’ timing of a number of injuries our players on the chopping block seem to pick up.

Last summer, Jones, Tuanzebe, Williams, Wan-Bissaka all conspired to somehow get themselves injured for the entirety of the transfer window despite having played no football, Van de Beek is injured approaching this summer, Scott McTominay is injured approaching this summer and Dean Henderson is injured approaching the summer.

The timing of these are quite annoying, and another obstacle we need to look out for in shifting players this summer.
That's exactly what you're suggesting though :lol:

Jones and Tuanzebe were basically crocked 90% of the time, both DvB and Henderson have been injured for several months, the latter wants to leave anyway so being injured is doing him no favours

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That's exactly what you're suggesting though :lol:

Jones and Tuanzebe were basically crocked 90% of the time, both DvB and Henderson have been injured for several months, the latter wants to leave anyway so being injured is doing him no favours
Tuanzebe was at loan at Stoke, and was expected to go on tour before he pulled out on the eve, initially for ‘personal reasons’ - and then disappeared, apparently injured. He wasn’t injured before the window.

You telling me that VDB and Henderson were injured for months isn’t my point, I specifically said that I’m not suggesting anything sinister - the point is that their injuries are prohibitive. As soon aa VDB got injured, it became doubtful as to whether he would attract a buyer in the summer.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d say 115m, my prices above
I think some of the youngsters could be sold too for smaller prices
Fred, Dalot and AWB may be considered too
Lindelof too if ETH would ever return my calls
Also worth remembering Greenwood, who may be sold abroad and who knows what fee he could attract? So many factors to consider, but given his talent, it’s not inconceivable that it is considerable.

Spaghetti

Mom's
In order of most urgent to go:

Weghorst
McTominay
De Gea
Maguire
Tuanzebe
Beek
Williams
Telles
Henderson
Martial

If we got a decent offer: Sancho, Lindelof, Dalot

Redfrog

I would give Donny maybe until January then IF he doesn't deliver sell him. My fear is one of McFred will stay even though I want to sell both of them but sadly don't see it happening
Why that ? He is sh*t. We have given too many players too many time. That’s why we are there.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Tuanzebe was at loan at Stoke, and was expected to go on tour before he pulled out on the eve, initially for ‘personal reasons’ - and then disappeared, apparently injured. He wasn’t injured before the window.

You telling me that VDB and Henderson were injured for months isn’t my point, I specifically said that I’m not suggesting anything sinister - the point is that their injuries are prohibitive. As soon aa VDB got injured, it became doubtful as to whether he would attract a buyer in the summer.
Hence the smiley - nothing sinister going on really

Castia

Maguire, Martial, Elanga, McTominay, Donny, Williams, Henderson

Should be a fair bit of transfer money there if we can get rid.

Todd

30 million for McTominay
25 million for Maguire
25 million for Dalot
15 million for Martial
15 million for van de Beek
15 million for Henderson
10 million for Elanga
05 million for Williams
05 million for Bailly
05 million for Telles
Whatever we can get for Greenwood

Sabitzer to return to Bayern
Weghorst to return to Burnley
Butland to return to Palace

So that's 14 players going away for me. Generating 150 million in sales, plus whatever we can get for Greenwood, which is a big question mark.

I'd try to send Amad and Pellistri out on loan to EPL teams. Send Mengi, Zidane, Mainoo, Tuanzebe, Hannibal, Shoretire, and Fernandez on loan to wherever.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Basically any of this lot that are still hanging around on the wage list

Bailly
Telles
Tuanzebe
Brandon Williams

Genuinely have no idea if this lot are out on loan, sold or what.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Maguire, Martial, Elanga, McTominay, Donny, Williams, Henderson

Should be a fair bit of transfer money there if we can get rid.
Probably about £80m absolute tops the way we conduct our business.

El Zoido

Basically any of this lot that are still hanging around on the wage list

Bailly
Telles
Tuanzebe
Brandon Williams

Genuinely have no idea if this lot are out on loan, sold or what.
Tuanzebe is leaving in the summer. His contract his up in July and is not being renewed.

RVN1991

Mctominay
Maguire
Greenwood
Henderson
Van De Beek
Pellistri
Elanga
Martial
Wout
Williams
Telles
Bailly

redsunited

In addition to the usual suspects, sell VDB, Henderson, McTominnay and Sancho. There is no point in not giving minutes, rotting in bench and waiting for a player to become non sellable with no value. Take a loss and sell players who don’t make it at United when we could get a resale value.

MyBloodIsRed

Exciting to think if we move Martial, Maguire, Bailly it frees up some big time shirts!

3 (Hopefully Kim Ming-Jae as he wears it for Napoli)
4 (Will Rapha move to his favored 4 shirt)
7 (Garnacho v. Sancho|)
9 (Kane?)
11 (Would Antony move to this like he did at Ajax)