Players you had forgotten existed

Hughes35

Just mentioned him in another thread as he weirdly came to mind...... Daniel Nardiello.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Where is Tom Thorpe now? Remember he was highly rated CB 5-6 years ago but never got much chance even under LVG and his loans weren't much success.

Scaring Europe to Death

Supports
Manchester City
Terry Cooke: old CM legend back in the days.

Played on loan at City and did quite well in the latter stages of 98-99.

He was then given a Full Contract, but following rumours, and a mysterious omission, immediately prior to a League Cup game at Southampton, he promptly walked through a wardrobe, and entered Narnia.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just seen Subotic signed for Union Berlin, still only 30.

What happened to him? Was massively rated at Dortmund in the spell under Klopp when they won two Bundesligas and made CL final, he was a regular in those seasons. Usual link to european giants around that time, injuries or just not that good?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Aleksandr Mostovoi - read an article asking who was Celta Vigo's best ever player, him or Aspas? Aspas won the poll.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I keep forgetting about Fred. It's weird but he literally don't exist in my books. I have to be reminded that we still have him on our books at least 3 times.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I forgot Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink existed today. Then I remembered him again and wanted a thread to use his name in. This one appeared and now he's been named. As a result I hope a few here will silently recall a few of those thunderous goals of his.

As you were.

Bole Top

Bonaventura Kalou (actually managed to become a mayor of some city in Ivory Coast)
Erick Carriere

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bonaventura Kalou (actually managed to become a mayor of some city in Ivory Coast)
Erick Carriere
Always used to confuse the older Kalou brother with Mohammed Kallon. He was squad player at Inter Milan for many years and was finally let go and had decent season or two at Monaco.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just been talking about a previous Wolves-Villa game on a Villa forum and I mentioned Emmanuel Frimpong. What the chuff happened to him?

Got a few starts for Arsenal in 2011 and then had some decent games on loan at Wolves and then just disappeared. I remember him ending up in Russia of all places.

Surprised he didn't just have a solid career in championship, lower end of premier league. Probably not even 30 yet.

Cloud7

Just been talking about a previous Wolves-Villa game on a Villa forum and I mentioned Emmanuel Frimpong. What the chuff happened to him?

Got a few starts for Arsenal in 2011 and then had some decent games on loan at Wolves and then just disappeared. I remember him ending up in Russia of all places.

Surprised he didn't just have a solid career in championship, lower end of premier league. Probably not even 30 yet.
He became a good meme to be fair. “You’ve been frimponged”. He’ll be remembered a fair bit more than others that have come through arsenal ranks in recent years.

United58

I forgot all about Dalot until I saw a picture of him on Reddit in our 1995 away kit.

Someone mentioned we lack depth at RB and I thought of Young and Fosu-Mensah but not Dalot.