Players you had forgotten existed

Bole Top

Isco only turned 29 recently and I don't even remember when was the last time I heard about him.

Red Star One

Isco only turned 29 recently and I don't even remember when was the last time I heard about him.
I only remembered he existed when I saw Spanish team for Euros and him not being there, same could be said about Asensio now or even more so in few years

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Sitting on the bench in Ajax. Back to roots..
No.. He went back to Schalke last January after he went back to 4 summers ago..

Plus: Ajax aren't his roots.. He played professional football for 4 clubs in NL before joining Ajax...

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Saw today that Mo Besic is being released by Everton. Hardly a superstar, but I thought this lad looked quality when he joined them a few years ago, and became a bit of a fan favourite.

Seems like for the last year he hasnt even been out on loan, just sitting around not being included in the matchday squads. Bit gutting for him. I still think he could do a solid job for a top-10 PL club.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ben Woodburn. Sure he popped up on Liverpool's bench recently. Was touted as wonderkid not so long ago but a few failed league one spells have ended that and nowhere near Wales euros squad.

Oranges038

Freddy Bobic. I remembered the name some how, so I had to google him

Once scored a hat trick for Bolton apparently, which is probably where I remember him from.

Now sporting director at Hertha, who Dedrick Boyata (another forgotten one) now plays for.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
God yeah. He was the next big thing for a while. Reminds me of Konoplyanka, whose agent would have you believe was highly sought after by all of Europe.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Every time I think of the potential line-up/formation/options PSG have I completely overlook and forget about Icardo being there. Happened to me three times in the last two weeks I was talking about it, at one point someone would mention him and Id be like 'damn, he is also there'

Today I read something about juve wanting to get him on loan and I caught myself again thinking: oh damn yeah, he is also still there at PSG..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Danny Drinkwater.
Won the title with Leicester, went to Chelsea, never played, then 4 years later is on loan at Reading. Bizarre.

slored1

Alexis Sanchez. Watched some Lukaku highlights a few days back and forgot he was at Inter too. What an atrocious waste of time and money for us.

Red Stone

Every summer Chelsea send a throng of also-rans out on their nineteenth loan. Every summer I'm amazed at the fact that those players are not only still playing for Chelsea, but are also still alive.

Baba Rahman, Kenedy, Drinkwater, Batshuayi, Miazga and Bakayoko are all still on their books and out on loan. Charly Musonda is there too, but not on loan.

Bole Top

speaking of Pastore, D'Alessandro is still killing it at 40. currently at Nacional (Uruguay).

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Who was the guy that Liverpool bought from Sporting or possibly Benfica.

He's a winner, supposedly had loads of talent, I think they loaned him back to one of those two clubs where he did alright then he possibly had a prem loan move after that.

Has me demented. I had mates raving about him at the time.

They got him maybe 5-6 years ago.

Markovic! I've just remembered. Yeah he's one I had forgotten existed

Bole Top

I actually couldn't believe Nastasic that played for City 10 years ago is only 28. currently at Fiorentina.

criticalanalysis

I kind of went down a youtube rabbit hole, remembered Stephen Ireland and came across this video:

Seems like some football trainer/coach that had the likes of Dalot, Fred, Bruno and Ireland in a session. Seems like the latter was trying make a comeback or something.

Always thought he was a talented player and had a really good couple years at City.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Steve Finnan.

Last heard was selling his medals to pay off the debt he incurred due to loses in his business.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Steve Finnan.

Last heard was selling his medals to pay off the debt he incurred due to loses in his business.
Was a decent defender for liverpool under rafa wasn't he? Jeez.. What happened?

Edit : Wikipediaed him.
Stephen John Finnan is an Irish former international footballer who played as a right back. He is the only player to have played in the World Cup, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Cup, Intertoto Cup, all four levels of the English league football and the Football Conference.

:eek:

MattofManchester

Former Real Madrid player Fabio Coentrao.

Also Andreas Pereira, but this is purely for the preservation of my sanity.

gfive

Éver Banega. The former Valencia playmaker who once had his foot ran over by his own car and currently plays for Al Shabab.