Players you had forgotten existed

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Every time I think of the potential line-up/formation/options PSG have I completely overlook and forget about Icardo being there. Happened to me three times in the last two weeks I was talking about it, at one point someone would mention him and Id be like 'damn, he is also there'

Today I read something about juve wanting to get him on loan and I caught myself again thinking: oh damn yeah, he is also still there at PSG..
This happened again this morning when I saw he scored the winning goal in the extra time against Lyon...

Bole Top

Oscar only turned 30 couple of days ago. he's been absent for so long, but he could easily play another 5 seasons in Italy.

kyofusho

Barry Bannan.
Ha! Still plays for us (Sheff Wed). Fans are split tbh with how effective he is for the team these days... when he's on it he's one of the best in the league but now we're in L1 he's a bit of a lightweight luxury and games can pass him by. FFS we couldn't beat Shrewsbury last time out thanks to his pen miss.

Still, I appreciate his loyalty and effort for us through thick and thin.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Ha! Still plays for us (Sheff Wed). Fans are split tbh with how effective he is for the team these days... when he's on it he's one of the best in the league but now we're in L1 he's a bit of a lightweight luxury and games can pass him by. FFS we couldn't beat Shrewsbury last time out thanks to his pen miss.

Still, I appreciate his loyalty and effort for us through thick and thin.
Just remember him breaking through at Villa when I googled Chukwuemeka and I vaguely remember there being loads of hype over him?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just remember him breaking through at Villa when I googled Chukwuemeka and I vaguely remember there being loads of hype over him?
im sure he had a great game against United. Villa took a 2-0 lead, can’t remember if they won in the end

Foxbatt

Danny Welbeck. He scored for Brighton. I thought injuries forced him to retire.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Javier Pastore on the bench for Elche tonight.

Was he ever that good? Riddled with injuries for last 5 years seemingly. Can remember PSG buying him for massive fee.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He made two amazing seasons. He even benched world class players.
When did Oscar actually move to China again, 2016? He obviously likes playing over there unlike a few who go for a year or two and then return to europe e.g. Aranutovic, Igahlo.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
When did Oscar actually move to China again, 2016? He obviously likes playing over there unlike a few who go for a year or two and then return to europe e.g. Aranutovic, Igahlo.
He did it for the money, his own words. They actually win more money than wages, since most players get a % over shirt sales on China. Basically, if 0.1% of China's population buy an original Shangai SIPG t-shirt it means almost 1.5M shirts sold.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He did it for the money, his own words. They actually win more money than wages, since most players get a % over shirt sales on China. Basically, if 0.1% of China's population buy an original Shangai SIPG t-shirt it means almost 1.5M shirts sold.
Yeah that's fair enough but I think most thought he'd come back to europe after 2-3 years once he earnt however many millions (and not like it's poverty pay at Chelsea or another CL club who'd have probably taken him back). Mad if he actually spends a decade playing in China.

Cloud7

There happened to be a Championship match on when I turned on my TV earlier this week. Saw that insanely buff guy, Akinfenwa. Forgot he existed until then.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Javier Pastore on the bench for Elche tonight.

Was he ever that good? Riddled with injuries for last 5 years seemingly. Can remember PSG buying him for massive fee.
I followed him at Palermo but lost interest when he went to PSG bar the first season. He was good, very good but inconsistent. His debut with Palermo he had a shocking passing stat but the passes he did make were sublime.

I thought he would replace Riquelme for the NT but it never happened. Injuries, inconsistency and being a wrong fit meant he never reached the heights he should have.

iHicksy

Loftus Cheek - was supposed to be the next big thing. Saw him line up for Chelsea in the cup.

Luke1995

Andrés D'alessandro is still playing. Anyone remembers him from Portsmouth and Wolfsburg maybe ?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Floribert N'Galula - I once remember trying to remember this player if that makes sense?

Playing old versions of Championship Manager he was pretty good in the United youth team at one time. I then forgot his name for a long time but just remembered there was this guy in the United youth team at one point who was quite good in that game as defensive midfielder. I finally found his name one day and am just posting it now because this thread got bumped again and mention of Ebanks Blake from the poster above made me think of him. Might have actually posted him in this thread before as I've no longer really forgotten him.

Edit: Think there was someone called Arthur Gomez from that same era United youth team?

Last edited:

Bole Top

Vanja Milinkovic-Savic, our ex keeper that never made it here. he's actually playing at decent level since he's the main keeper at Torino. I never knew he's actually a brother of Sergej Milinkovic (Lazio).

Kiru

Supports
Liverpool
Just saw Dani Ceballos came on for Real Madrid in champions league. I thought he left them long time ago.

Jules_T

Scott Wooton
Funnily enough I am going to see him play this weekend.
I live in wellington in New Zealand and he plays for our local team, Wellington Phoenix.
The Phoenix play in the A-league which is the top Australian league. For the last 2 years we have played most of our home games in Sydney because of travel restrictions.
NZ has finally lifted the border restrictions so we get to play a home game at our local stadium.
It should be a big crowd and oddly enough Scott gets to make his home debut after playing almost 20 games this season.
He seems to be playing well and the club are on target to make the top six , who go into a play off at the end of the season.
It'll be great to see an ex-United player turn it for the Phoenix. Her might have finally found his level at the age of 30. He has a 3 year contract with the club.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Funnily enough I am going to see him play this weekend.
I live in wellington in New Zealand and he plays for our local team, Wellington Phoenix.
The Phoenix play in the A-league which is the top Australian league. For the last 2 years we have played most of our home games in Sydney because of travel restrictions.
NZ has finally lifted the border restrictions so we get to play a home game at our local stadium.
It should be a big crowd and oddly enough Scott gets to make his home debut after playing almost 20 games this season.
He seems to be playing well and the club are on target to make the top six , who go into a play off at the end of the season.
It'll be great to see an ex-United player turn it for the Phoenix. Her might have finally found his level at the age of 30. He has a 3 year contract with the club.
Great info - thanks

Eplel

Was just watching a video and Rojo popped up. Legit had completely forgotten about him.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Likes it? Probably not. He more or less said it was completely for the money. A footballers career is short and he wanted to earn as much as possible for his family before he retired.

On the subject of China.. Alex Teixeira was linked with a few top clubs and went to china