Players you had forgotten existed

Varun1

Youssouf Mulumbu.
I came across an article on Berahino yesterday, another one I had forgotten about.

GazTheLegend

Saw Ashley Young playing for Villa Vs City and that gave me a bit of a shock. Still a premier League footballer with a Serie A winners medal going for him.

Strats

Thomas Sörensen.

Although seemed to have retired some years ago playing in Melbourne

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There was a transfer tweet about Adel Taarabt being released from Benfica recently. Thought he'd retired or moved into lower league obscurity years ago.

And while we're on the topic of Moroccan players shite attitudes, Hachim Mastour. Dude's barely even a professional despite being rated as the biggest prospect in football at a time when Tielemans and Ødegaard were receiving astronomical levels of hype.
How the hell does a talent like Mastour end up playing in the Moroccan second division at the age of 24 :confused: That’s Freddy Adu levels

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He was quality in Portugal and Turkey

By the time he came to England he was enjoying his partying too much
Porto legend, shouldn't have left them. Played for 15 other clubs :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Oliver Burke playing for Bremen currently, see he won a penalty yesterday and also had goal v Dortmund a few weeks back.

Already moved for decent amount of money in his career.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Actually this came up on one of the Villa forums I post on the other day....is Axel Tuanzebe genuinely still a Man. United player?!

Thought he'd gone to Napoli on 18 months loan, never heard Ten Hag mention him once in any of his interviews so seems to be morphing into the new Phil Jones.

Red Star One

Not sure where to post this but Greenwood has been included in Uniteds PL squad this season....

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/manchester-united-premier-league-squad-2022-23-confirmed
Players under 21 don’t have to be registered AFAIK, and since he’s there on the list with the youth players it’s merely a sign he’s still with the club and in fact eligible to play if he returns (IMO zero chance of this happening) - I wouldn’t take it as a sign he’s actually any closer to returning to training and playing with us.

redIndianDevil

I looked at the transfer tweets and read that Thiago Motta has become a manager now. Kind of forgot he was a big name.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Has United given an official statement regarding Greenwood’a status with the club? Will he be released of his contract if he gets convicted?

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
I was quite amused last week when Inter lined up against us with Mykhytarian, Calhanoglou and Dzeko. Thought for a second I had picked some sports history channel from the early 2010s

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Is there not a greenwood thread? Was just wondering what’s happening with him? If he’s found not guilty does he then return to training and all is forgotten? Or will United still release him?

tomaldinho1

Is there not a greenwood thread? Was just wondering what’s happening with him? If he’s found not guilty does he then return to training and all is forgotten? Or will United still release him?
Don't think we can talk about it yet, just refer to the stickied thread which is 'read only'

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Ten Hag was asked directly about Greenwood yesterday. Said they speak daily. Also saw a few stories which said charges were going to be dropped.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Ten Hag was asked directly about Greenwood yesterday. Said they speak daily. Also saw a few stories which said charges were going to be dropped.
Regardless if he’s convicted or not, it would be very bad media attention for United, way much worse than what West Ham faced with Zouma.

Bole Top

Armand Traore and Carl Jenkinson. the first one retired and the other plays in Australia, which is about the same thing. "hot prospects" if you were talking with Arse fans in late Wenger era.

Winrar

Declan Rice - He hasn’t fell off the earth or anything yet, but nobody here seems to be talking about him any more, especially after getting eriksen

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
- Matheus Pereira - Looked a real talent at WBA. Now playing in Saudi. Wasting his career at the age of 26. Oddly enough Luiz Gustavo and Ever Banega are still playing in the same league.

- Oscar - Still playing in China and now 31. Recall him having a good spell at Chelsea and for the Brazilian national team but has spent his peak away from the big leagues.

- Malcom - One time Barca gem still playing his trade in Russia at Zenit. Still only 25. Has 6 goals and 6 assists in 10 league games so far this season. Resurgence?

- Wanyama - 31 years old and in the MLS.

- Alex Song - Of Arsenal and then Barca fame. Still playing at 35 of Arta/Solar 7 (yep. Me neither)

- Denilson - The Arsenal one. Still at it in Brazil at São Paulo. Only 34. One of the Wenger Boys with Song.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
- Matheus Pereira - Looked a real talent at WBA. Now playing in Saudi. Wasting his career at the age of 26. Oddly enough Luiz Gustavo and Ever Banega are still playing in the same league.

- Oscar - Still playing in China and now 31. Recall him having a good spell at Chelsea and for the Brazilian national team but has spent his peak away from the big leagues.

- Malcom - One time Barca gem still playing his trade in Russia at Zenit. Still only 25. Has 6 goals and 6 assists in 10 league games so far this season. Resurgence?

- Wanyama - 31 years old and in the MLS.

- Alex Song - Of Arsenal and then Barca fame. Still playing at 35 of Arta/Solar 7 (yep. Me neither)

- Denilson - The Arsenal one. Still at it in Brazil at São Paulo. Only 34. One of the Wenger Boys with Song.
Wow, Malcom! Great shout.

Bole Top

tbf Malcolm was great in season before as well, he was never an underperformer. they paid him 45 million and gave him another 5 year contract recently. it's just that he's playing in Russia for dominant team so nobody really cares. their league never really kicked on after Zenit and CSKA european wins and half of their traditional giants are skint. when I was younger, CSKA, Spartak and Lokomotiv used to be filled with foreign players (mostly Brazilians), just like Dynamo Kyiv and Shakhtar, but that isn't the case anymore. Zenit will easily overtake Spartak's overall record soon, as they are only 2 league titles short.