Players you had forgotten existed

Chipper

Adulterer.
O. Cardozo is still scoring for fun, but he's only 40. his partner in attack is another youngster, 42y old R. Santa Cruz. obviously they're toying with the rest of the league.
That's great.

I know they weren't the best of the best at their peak, but some people seem to frown upon players for carrying on past their own personal best. Ruining their legacy is a phrase I've seen before. Even if these 2 weren't absolute superstars on the world stage they still obviously had more talent than most of us could ever dream of.

If a player enjoys playing, and can be remotely useful anywhere then keep playing! Can be back in their in their own country like these 2, a different country with easier leagues, or even way down the ladder in the 5th or 6th tier somewhere. Why not if football still brings them joy!? Seems they won the Apertura, Clasura and Paraguyan Cup in 2023.

Lee Trundle was still appearing in a Welsh regional division last time I checked which I think is brilliant.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Some of us can't forget...
:lol:

seems like forever since we signed him. He’s not even 30 yet. Not sure what happened to him after the initial spell in Croatia where he almost had a goal a game. Currently in a relegation battle in Russia

LDUred

Didn't he give Becks a metatarsal injury which ended our interest?
Memory is a bit hazy but I think we identified him and Marcos Senna as potential Keane replacements. We actually stepped up our interest after the Becks incident. Seemed like a very good player at Depor but maybe just a bit part player.

Marcos Senna, another blast from the past. I was disappointed we didn't get him.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
:lol:

seems like forever since we signed him. He’s not even 30 yet. Not sure what happened to him after the initial spell in Croatia where he almost had a goal a game. Currently in a relegation battle in Russia
Chose your usernames cautiously, i am living proof of jumping the gun too early and giving FM too much credit :lol:

subotai

Bonkers that Brian McChoccy has only just crossed my mind, and yet he won (checks notes) 4 premier leagues with utd, and 14 titles overall. Don't see his name much around here though. Apologies @choccy

Chipper

Adulterer.
Victor Wanyama

Just thought of him on the back of the news that Kieran Trippier may well be joining Eric Dier as another ex-teammate of Kane to sign for Bayern Munich.

He popped into my head when contemplating who might be next. Haven't heard his name in a long time, never given him any thought, and had to Google to find out he's been in the MLS for 4 years with Montreal. Thought he might have been rotting in Spurs' reserves somewhere.

criticalanalysis

Victor Wanyama

Just thought of him on the back of the news that Kieran Trippier may well be joining Eric Dier as another ex-teammate of Kane to sign for Bayern Munich.

He popped into my head when contemplating who might be next. Haven't heard his name in a long time, never given him any thought, and had to Google to find out he's been in the MLS for 4 years with Montreal. Thought he might have been rotting in Spurs' reserves somewhere.
Scorer of goal:

Ibi Dreams

Watched a couple of minutes of a YouTube video earlier about a loan signing we apparently made in 2015. We signed some guy called Andy Kellett? I have zero memory of this

He never played a first team match and fell down the leagues after leaving

thisisnottaken1

Watched a couple of minutes of a YouTube video earlier about a loan signing we apparently made in 2015. We signed some guy called Andy Kellett? I have zero memory of this

Same here, I have zero recollection as well.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Scorer of goal:

Some hit, that!

I remember that, he was brought in specifically to play for the reserves in the January window or we would have been short of defenders.

Just piecing it together. Reece James (not the Chelsea one), joined Huddersfield on loan on 25th January. We sold Marnick Vermijl to Sheffield Wednesday on transfer deadline day, 2nd February. Bolton then asked to take Saidy Janko on loan on the same day which we agreed to as he could get first team experience there. We asked to loan someone from them in return to play in defence for the reserves.

Last edited:

Ole'sgunnarwin

Pretty forgotten that Fergie's son Darren started the first 15 Premier League games for us in 92/93 in our Championship win

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Randomly remembered Julio Baptista the other day.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He was really good at Sevilla. Thought he would be a monster in England