Players you had forgotten existed

Jericho

Reguilon. Saw him for brief moment in a Brentford shirt today and thought "he looks familiar". When I recognized who he was I realized I'd forgotten we he had him on loan. Didn't even know he'd since left us.

Sniper007

Benito Carbone

Paulo Wanchope

Steve Guppy

Luke Chadwick

Ruel Fox

Jason Euell

Benjani

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Vicente, Aimar, Baraja, Mendieta, Ayala, Canizares, Carew etc. That period and rotation of players were something.

The Carew mention not because he was a good player but because he was a beast on Pro Evo :lol:
Yeah Vicente and Aimar were unreal ballers too. Vicente ruined by injury and ended up what was out of place looking at that time at Brighton
Ah, it was a class side. Canizares, Ayala, Aimar, Baraja, Albelda, Mista, Angulo.. used to love watching them and Deportivo back then.

Also...Villa, what a great way to honor the idea of this thread... :D
jokes aside, I know he is still pretty much remembered yet quite an underrated player, specially with his importance in making his teams win titles.

PD: Damn I hated el Piojo, not that much because of him as a fella or player (he was what he was), but what he represented when playing for the NT.

Last edited:

Bole Top

I remember Wanchope being great at Copa America. I don't know the year, their final position, who they lost to or anything, I simply remember him scoring every game. it's unusual to have CA on TV in my country, that's probably why I remember that one.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Hannover's finest Steve Cherundolo just came up in a BBC article about snow.
I like this thread when people state what jogged their memory about a player or where they saw them and what they're up to.

Otherwise it's just a list of random footballers, and we have threads for that already.

Also, If people are reaching into their memory banks and naming players they haven't heard of in a while then by definition they didn't forget they existed. I think a lot do that and they're shit :lol:

Last edited:

singhters

That little pest that tormented us twice in the league and nearly in the fa cup final.

Gavin Peacock.
----------------------------
Barry Marshall

Andy Ritchie

Darren Beckford

Efan Ekoku

Chris Kiwomya

Paul Walsh

Barry Horne

Mark Stein

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I like this thread when people state what jogged their memory about a player or where they saw them and what they're up to.

Otherwise it's just a list of random footballers, and we have threads for that already.

Also, If people are reaching into their memory banks and naming players they haven't heard of in a while then by definition they didn't forget they existed. I think a lot do that and they're shit
:lol:
COULD.NOT.AGREE..MORE

mu4c_20le

Geremi. Saw him in a list of random chelsea players the other day, genuinely forgot this person ever existed.

Chairman Steve

Danny Cadamarteri.

One of my personal early examples that just because they start games as a teenager doesn’t mean they’re going to be good when they’re older.

Dve

I'm impressed with people's ability to remember players they have forgotten.