Players you had forgotten existed

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I serioulsy couldn't have told you that Timo Werner is at Tottenham hadn't his thread been bumped.

Oranges038

Off today and having a bit of lazy hour. Watching Utd v Newcastle mutv for 1999/00 season.

Newcastle had Steve Clarke as interim manager.

Tommy Wright in goal - not a clue.

Warren Barton - apparently was the most expensive defender in England at one point.

Goma, Dabizas, Solano, Rob Lee.

Jeff Winter was referee.

And they just mentioned that Utd were looking to bring in Taibi a few days after this game.....

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
A recent one, but whenever I see a clip from last year with Sabitzer in it I am confused for a moment.

I reckon next year the same will be true of looking back at this year and seeing Reguilon.

It just doesn't really feel like they were ever United players.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
A recent one, but whenever I see a clip from last year with Sabitzer in it I am confused for a moment.

I reckon next year the same will be true of looking back at this year and seeing Reguilon.

It just doesn't really feel like they were ever United players.
Same with Schweinsteiger, which is a shame because he seems to love the club.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Danny Mills

David Nugent. Greatest goal per game ratio player in England NT history.

Last edited:

Pughnichi

Danny Cadamarteri.

One of my personal early examples that just because they start games as a teenager doesn’t mean they’re going to be good when they’re older.
Can remember him ‘bursting’ on the scene and he was touted as the next big thing. Within 12 months he was effectively useless

Pughnichi

Does anyone remember or know of Bajraktarevic??

he was my first unknown signing on CM9798 - the first time I played the game! Me and a mate were in the Belgium league managing anderlecht and Brugge.

Dont believe he was a regen but never heard anything of him.

he was mega for my anderlecht team though

tomaldinho1

So much time has passed I’ve started to combine Milan Baros and Juan Pablo Angel into one player in my mind.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Shortest international career of any England goalscorer too, clocking in at 11 minutes.
He may be as forgotten as yesterday's leftovers, but nobody can take that record away from him.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, Bentley is obviously wrong.

Yes, ok, calm yourself. He made himself notable as a young, fairly unknown player for saying "Remember the name; David Bentley" and was derided for it. We are in a thread called "Players you had forgotten".

Last edited:

GuyfromAustria

Yes, ok, calm yourself. He made himself notable as a young, fairly unknown player for saying "Remember the name; David Bentley" and was derided for it. We are in a thread called "Players you had forgotten".
I'm very calm. :D just referring to the spelling on this classic shirt!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
And they just mentioned that Utd were looking to bring in Taibi a few days after this game.....
call the club right now and tell them not to do it. whilst there’s still time. let’s just pray sir alex listens.