Players you had forgotten existed

Ryan7

Leandro Damiao. Brazilian striker. He was linked to Spurs in every window several years back.

Sebastien Squillaci.

Any United fans remember this guy?

Ricardo. A goalkeeper who must of played all of about four matches for us. Went on to become a goalkeeping coach for Club Brugge and Japan.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Leandro Damiao. Brazilian striker. He was linked to Spurs in every window several years back.

Sebastien Squillaci.

Any United fans remember this guy?

Ricardo. A goalkeeper who must of played all of about four matches for us. Went on to become a goalkeeping coach for Club Brugge and Japan.
Ah Ricardo who gave away penalties just to save them.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Richard Wright retired at the end of last season having played 3 league games since 2010, and not a single match in the 4 years he was at City.

Kenwyne Jones is the best mention I've seen. He was young enough to not be retired yet. Had no idea he'd left Stoke. In fact, I thought he played for Saints still!
He plays for my team in MLS now. Doesn't play as he doesn't fit the style of play at all but still a decent striker, although his mobility is severely lacking

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Wal2Fra

Been mentioned a few times - M G Pedersen. Scored that hat trick vs United and I always thought he would take a step up at a bigger team.

Also Jussi Jaaskelinen - did a football quiz the other day naming 20 gk's with over 100 clean sheets in Prem and was suprised to see his name pop up (109 clean sheets) He was good mind, just didn't think he pulled up that sort of stat.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Garcia - the CM who used to play for City. I remember him having somewhat of a decent debut (they made a big deal of it on MOTD) and many here were envious of their signing of him, but he seemed to fall off the face of the earth after 1 season.

Wigan? What game was this?
Looks like their FA Cup final lineup. The game where Mcmanaman looked like the 2nd coming of Best.

redspoony

A few I've just thought of...

Steve Marlet - cost Fulham a packet and was absolute bobbins.
Hugo Viana - hugely talented Portuguese playmaker signed for Newcastle by Bobby Robson but never made the grade.
Chris Marsden - baldy, average Southampton midfielder.
Andrew Impey - the poor man's Ruel Fox, and that's no compliment.
Pa-Modou Kah - played for tonight's opponents, Valerenga and was linked with us, right back who moonlighted as a forward.
Paul Warhurst - had a golden spell at Sheffield Wednesday when converted from a centre half to an emergency striker, scored some good goals and never repeated the trick.
Marcus Stewart - promoted to the Premier League with Ipswich, was brilliant for a season and then faded into West Country obscurity

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
My cousin recently informed me of the likes of Jon Stead, Mikael Forsell, Asier Del Horno all had decent Premier League stints - pretty much expunged them from my memory but to be fair they all did fall off the face of the earth.

And the black Dutch Liverpool winger that had a bit of hype around him a couple of years ago, I remember Liverpool signed him then I've never heard his name again. Did he ever leave or has someone locked him in the locker room as a practical joke and everyone forgot he existed?
Ryan Babel maybe?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Who was that player Spurs signed who didn't even look like a footballer, played in defence and up front? Doherty?