Players you had forgotten existed

manutddjw

Stephan El Shaawary randomly just popped into my head. He was highly rated at one point and then you just stopped hearing about him. Just googled, apparently he's at Roma and still only 24.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Gourcuff

I thought he was going to be the next big thing. Watched him play last year. He's still such a beautiful player to watch. Only 30 too.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Gourcuff

I thought he was going to be the next big thing. Watched him play last year. He's still such a beautiful player to watch. Only 30 too.
Hes a good player, was supposed to be the next Zidane or something. Very talented indeed.

The kind of player who gives you great youtube compilations but didnt have the edge in the game to make it to the highest level. I dont watch many ligue 1 games but a couple of them and he can go 80 mins unnoticed and then pull a nice flick and an assist

Nedved

Lee Martin that came through our academy.
Nathan Ellington, West Ham.
Henri Camara, Wigan.
Michael Ball, played at City and stamped on Ronnie.
Pape Bouba Diop, nicknamed 'The Wardrobe' at Fulham.
Andy Johnson, ex England international played at Fulham too.
Camorenesi (sp?) Think he played for A.C. Milan
Oliver Bierhoff
Camoranesi was an integral part of Juve 2003-2008 and also won a World Cup as a starter. Great and very underrated footballer.

Ryan7

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson. I had totally forgotten about him until I just just saw his player performance thread had been bumped.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Hahaha I remember when he turned up to Burnley training in a white Lamborghini with a personalised plate. The rest of the team rightfully tore him a new one.
Back in like 2006/07 I was on this other Man United forum where some guy had a very long detailed post on why Chris Eagles will be our next big player. His last sentence was "remember the name Chris Eagles".

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Hahaha I remember when he turned up to Burnley training in a white Lamborghini with a personalised plate. The rest of the team rightfully tore him a new one.
You say that like you were part of that team?

Also, Hogan Ephraim.

ravelston

Lee Martin that came through our academy.
Nathan Ellington, West Ham.
Henri Camara, Wigan.
Michael Ball, played at City and stamped on Ronnie.
Pape Bouba Diop, nicknamed 'The Wardrobe' at Fulham.
Andy Johnson, ex England international played at Fulham too.
Camorenesi (sp?) Think he played for A.C. Milan
Oliver Bierhoff
No he didn't - we bought him in summer 2003.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I remember Man United had a midfielder who was very highly rated on here for a while but he suddenly disappeared from the first team. Spanish lad, Ander something?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I remember Man United had a midfielder who was very highly rated on here for a while but he suddenly disappeared from the first team. Spanish lad, Ander something?
Surely you haven't forgotten about, after last year?

Ashley R1+O

Niko Kranjčar - he's probably doing football podcasts somewhere with Harry Redknapp and Peter Crouch.

T_Model101

Lee Chung Yong
I can remember him at Big Sam's Bolton from years ago
Forgot he existed and have just seen him on MOTD playing for Palace...prob signed by Sam :lol:

criticalanalysis

Lee Chung Yong
I can remember him at Big Sam's Bolton from years ago
Forgot he existed and have just seen him on MOTD playing for Palace...prob signed by Sam :lol:
Him and Stuart Holding were doing brilliantly for Bolton then both suffered bad ankle/leg breaks (one caused by our own Johnny Evans). Probably one of the few reasons why they became a solid premier league to now out of it.

Lee was actually a really decent player. See some comps.

manunited1919

Robinho
Damien Duff
Arshavin
That player that used to slip all the time in the middle of Liverpool - does anyone remember his name?