Players you rate who others don't seem to

el3mel

Can Sterling be considered an answer ? Very good player that gets too much stick imo.

Charlie Foley

Milner - I wanted us to sign him on a free after City. Really good professional and quite underrated.

Kompany - I never thought he was overrated in his prime. Very intelligent defender.

Giroud - Very reliable scorer, used to get too much criticism from Arsenal fans.
Kompany isn't rated? I thought at his peak he was universally appreciated.

What's the view on Luke Shaw these days because I still think he's a good player.

Skills

Snitch
Smalling.

I get he's shit on the ball but he's a class defender.

::sonny::

Shelvey
Wijnaldum
J.Allen
Kolarov
Godin
Saul
Lichtsteiner
Arnautovic
Noble
Baines

Classical Mechanic

Dier and Henderson are better than they get credit for on here.

Giroud is a very useful player. Arsenal needed him so bad against A Madrid.

Daley Blind is more than good enough to play CB for us.

King Eric 7

[Irrelevant point]. Never seen his name get mentioned here so not sure if he's rated or not but I wouldn't mind signing him up.

Other than that, Giroud, but he's been mentioned already, so maybe he's not as underrated as he appears to be.

Bwuk

McTominay - think he’s a good player but the general consensus on here is otherwise.

Vardy - one of the best strikers in the league, if we’d had him instead of Lukaku this season I reckon he’d of outscored Rom.

Kopral Jono

A bit of a throwback but Luiz Gustavo was a phenomenal footballer when he was playing for Bayern. I don't think he was given the credit he so richly deserved.

Smithy_123

Ramsey. Although I'm purely judging this by his value for money in fantasy football.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
100% Giroud. In my honest opinion I think he's the most underrated player in Premier League history. Looks dangerous every time I see him. I fear him over Hazard, Willian & Morata combined for the cup final.

I'll also say Mignolet. I don't "rate" him per say, but I think he's a lot better than people make out. He's an excellent penalty stopper & I've seen him have more good games than horror shows. I don't think there's too much between him & our Romero.
Really :lol::D

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
Lovren. To much fuss over his mistakes. Great defender.

montpelier

People coming in to this thread disputing other people's choices, saying they're being overrated. Think about it, what do you think you're proving? :lol:

If a player gets named there's a good chance you're going to disagree that he's good/underrated, it's the whole point of the thread. It's not called 'players you rate just right and everyone agrees with you'.

BeamsAndTrusses

Supports
Liverpool
As a Liverpool fan new to Redcafe, I will say Fellaini is underrated mostly by everyone in EPL. Yes, he is a limited footballer. But overall he comes with unique skillset that is extremely useful in certain ganes/ situations. I haven't seen many of his games other than when Everton or United play Liverpool, but he didn't hide and was physically imposing.

If he had stayed at Everton or a small club he would have had a better reputation overall than the microscope that is a top club like United he lives under.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Sterling, Henderson and Vardy are good shouts. Sterling has been one of the elite attackers this season yet is spoken about as if he's still some scrawny, ineffective winger in the Aaron Lennon mould. Henderson is an effective footballer with fantastic athleticism, despite some limitations with his technical ability. Vardy is a clutch player and excellent finisher who should be playing for one of the top six.

Enough isn't being made of Trent-Alexander Arnold's rise, either. I believe no other teenager has started for a side post last 16 in the CL this year. He's still raw but has put in some stellar performances at both ends of the pitch and could well be England's first choice right back by the Euros. If he played for Bayern or Madrid he'd be spoken about in Alaba-like terms.

predator

Youth NITK
Arnautovic - Granted he is quite unorthodox and aggressive but he is capable of brilliance and seems reasonably consistent.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
This thread just consists of Liverpool fans naming their own players.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
[Irrelevant point]. Never seen his name get mentioned here so not sure if he's rated or not but I wouldn't mind signing him up.

Other than that, Giroud, but he's been mentioned already, so maybe he's not as underrated as he appears to be.
He got absolutely slated on here recently.
Looks very dangerous in attack for me and contributes well. Haven't seen enough day in day out to comment on much else though.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Arsenal: Ozil (think he gets unnecessary flack for "not running around enough")
Liverpool: Milner
Chelsea: Cahill
City: Delph
Tottenham: Aurier
United: Lingard

Chipper

Adulterer.
Not sure what you're trying to convey. Do you rate Gerrard or does that simple concept go over your head?

Me: Eboue is a good player, not many other people think he is
Other people: Eboue is rubbish
Me: I know not many people besides me rate him, that's why I picked him because it's what the thread asked me to do, choose someone I rate and others don't. You lot not rating him tells me nothing new and your posts are needless.
You: Posts a picture of a confused/wincing Gerrard because I'm not sure why.....you cannot grasp that?

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Cahill (up until this season)
Wijnaldum
Lucas Vazquez
Max Kruse (best Bundesliga player without Bayern and Reus)
Giovanni Lo Celso
Naldo (one of the best CB in the world)
Walcott for Arsenal
Dele Alli
Arevalo Rios
Dani Parejo
Oscar (what happened to him?)

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Özil. Get's criticized a lot in here and in Germany but most of the times I find it unfair. So many times I've watched him play and people said he had an invisible game when I found he made many brillant passes that initiated attacks. Think the reason is that his body posture looks lazy and many fans don't really appreciate the small things. He gets reduced to assists a lot although there is much more to his game than that.

mohr

Chris Smalling
I see a lot of people want him gone, but I think he has been our best and most consistent cb for the past 3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyLuke10

Smalling, I think hes better than Jones.
Giroud, great impact sub, at least on form.
Milner, good squad player.
Nani, assist machine.
Arnautovic, handful for defenders.
Bertrand, really good crosser, i wanted us to sign him in the last offseason transfer window.
Mignolet, good keeper whenever we play them.
Romero, showed his ability today, ultra capable for a backup keeper, best 2nd choice keeper in world football.
Carrick, similar level to Busquets or Xabi Alonso in his prime.
Matic, phenomenal CDM, people rate him but I rate him higher than most still, top 5 in his position in world football.
Lingard, I think he can become a top player for us, I think he has a higher ceiling than most think he has.

Wanderlust_09

Mata: Of course, he is not world class and a far cry from what he used to be earlier in Chelsea or even at Utd in the seasons prior to the current one. But it is a fact that statistically, he is still the most creative player we have (56 chances), and 2.5 Keypasses per 90 minutes. But he is certainly on the decline.

Blind: A very versatile and iplayer who has rarely put a foot wrong for us whenever called upon (Except of course the West Ham game in the 2015-16 season). I thought he would be our future Carrick, but clearly Jose does not have him in his plans. I think he still can make it big in a team that suits his style of play. He makes up for his lack of pace and physique with his footballing intelligence.

I also agree with others on Milner. Am I wrong that he never gets booed at Utd in spite of playing for Leeds, City and Liverpool?

montpelier

Not sure what you're trying to convey. Do you rate Gerrard or does that simple concept go over your head?

Me: Eboue is a good player, not many other people think he is
Other people: Eboue is rubbish
Me: I know not many people besides me rate him, that's why I picked him because it's what the thread asked me to do, choose someone I rate and others don't. You lot not rating him tells me nothing new and your posts are needless.
You: Posts a picture of a confused/wincing Gerrard because I'm not sure why.....you cannot grasp that?
yeah well... I thought your point is valid but... put forward someone a bit dubious - Gerrard for instance (despite perfectly fitting the category) and it's bound to have someone coming forward saying ''you must be joking'' isn't it? This is why I went for Gerrard wincing mainly. He's also wincing because I think you are posting much more in hope than expectation of anyone taking any notice of you. <---- that's a (I think) harmless joke about your post much more than I think it's wrong or a terrible post or anything, not intended to be 'orrible or smart-arse really. However, that wouldn't be clear because you're also right that it (the Gerrard pic) poorly conveys that idea. In fact, probably only to the point that only I would actually know that, but I quite liked my own joke so much, I decided to go with it anyway. Following your withering critique, I'm now only giving it 2/10 though - and even that is probably quite generous, :(.

(I'm not sure about Eboue, btw)

dogwithabone

Demari Gray. With the right coaching and surrounded by top class players he could really flourish. McCarthy at Southampton is a top class keeper in the making too.

simplyared

Jamaal Lascelles - Newcastle:
For such a young player, great captain, has an enormous impact on his team. Should be on the plane to Russia and is a future England captain.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Anderson, Nani, Rafael , Robinho , Mario Gomez, Tevez. I know the latter is rated highly by everyone but I just rate him higher. Ie higher than Suarez, Lewandoski, Benzema, Lukaku, etc.
You really rate Tevez higher than Suarez?
Because I simply cannot see what Tevez has over Suarez.
Suarez is possibly the best player I’ve ever seen in tight situations in the box, he got out of impossible situations when he was surrounded by 2-3 defenders in a very tight space and managed to score or create goals out of those situations.
He was absolutely brilliant in his best.
I see similarities between them, very tenaciousl attackers, but elaborate why you rate Tevez higher.
Also, Anderson?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He is shite. Failed in England and in Turkey. His qualities suit the dutch league.
He's been largely injured in Turkey. Fener's fans want him to stay after his loan deal runs out though. So I wouldn't say he failed. Also not saying he is the next Henry, he's just less shite than advertised.

T A

No way a team in PL can win the league with Giroud being their main striker.

For thread purpose:

Courtois
Soares - Luiz - Tarkowski - Ben Davies
Ramsey - Dier - Andreas Pereira
Arnautovic - Jesus - Richardlison

Subs: Nick Pope, Aanholt, Cresswell, Wilshere, Fabregas, Lanzini, Deulofeu

This team would be champion challenger

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Matt Lowton.

Always like him when he played for us. Had a good touch and pass and hit some excellent crosses for Benteke. Problem was we played a system that massively exposed full backs and he dosen't have much pace.

At Burnley they actually put wingers infront of him who track back so he's been protected more and has had a very good season.

Hughes35

I may get pelters but I've always rated Smalling very highly and I now rate Mctominay highly too (for a youth player), think he could very well end up like Fletcher if we're lucky.

Outside of Utd I rate Ramsey, Ben Foster, Demari Gray, Son and Robert Snodgrass more highly than most seem to.....