g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm already saying that now :( that's just with the recent releases, but add in these bloody discounts on the store ATM and I am cripples.
Yea I think I'm banning myself from the store. I nearly always end up opening the wallet... PvZ on sale there for the guy that asked about kids coop games. Me and my 10 year old daughter are playing the splitscreen mode and it's fun.

NinjaFletch

I reckon Playstation customer service is just about the worst experience I've ever had in my life. Absolutely criminally bad.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
They do have to step up but I suspect they will, they have the heavy hitters lined up for next year.

I suspect we might find out a bit more of whats coming at this Sony event in December, they seem to be hyping that for some new reveals. 2015 multiplats and exclusives is stacked though really, I doubt very much "where are all the games?" will be said come this time next year, more like "god help my wallet".
Yeah, I bet money there'll be a first party game announced there.

Leg-End

Yeah, I bet money there'll be a first party game announced there.
Been trying to think which studios might be the most likely, I remember reading they might show some stuff that is perhaps a bit early to be showing. Guerrilla's new IP? Bend Studio's are meant to be doing a PS4 title too, probably way too early for Santa Monica Studios new stuff though.

Dunno, looking forward to it though.

NinjaFletch

Continue...
Ridiculous call wait times (have had the misfortune of ringing them 3 times in the past month and have waited 30 minutes+ each time) disinterested employers who either wont (or most likely can't) do anything for you.

In frustration I rang GAME who I bought the console from and they were both more helpful and (ridiculously) more knowledgeable about the product. And on the plus side if the trouble shooting GAME offered isn't enough to fix the issue they will give me a reference number to go into store in town and pick up a replacement today rather than having to wait 4+ weeks to send it back via Sony.

NinjaFletch

What's your issue?
The console constantly freezes and then makes like a short buzzing sound and crashes. I'm almost certain its a hardware fault (I think its overheating, but I don't game for massive periods at a time and it doesn't seem to be caused by anything in particular) but Sony gave me very short thrift whereas GAME at least gave me things to try on the software side and then have offered to replace it if it doesn't solve it.

Leg-End

The console constantly freezes and then makes like a short buzzing sound and crashes. I'm almost certain its a hardware fault (I think its overheating, but I don't game for massive periods at a time and it doesn't seem to be caused by anything in particular) but Sony gave me very short thrift whereas GAME at least gave me things to try on the software side and then have offered to replace it if it doesn't solve it.
Is your fan actually quite audible? If its overheating I'd imagine it's either really loud trying to fight it or just dead silent because it ain't working.I guess GAME's advice would be something like boot it into safe mode, rebuild the database, turn off and unplug the power from the back for atleast 5 minutes and try again.

The one reason I got my console from GAME was because of their customer care, I had a PS3 bluray drive fail out of warranty and they still replaced the console for free, why I went with them for the PS4 too..........shame their games are overpriced.

NinjaFletch

Is your fan actually quite audible? If its overheating I'd imagine it's either really loud trying to fight it or just dead silent because it ain't working.I guess GAME's advice would be something like boot it into safe mode, rebuild the database, turn off and unplug the power from the back for atleast 5 minutes and try again.

The one reason I got my console from GAME was because of their customer care, I had a PS3 bluray drive fail out of warranty and they still replaced the console for free, why I went with them for the PS4 too..........shame their games are overpriced.
I can't say I've ever heard the fan and I certainly didn't hear it last night so I suspect you're either on to something or I'm wrong and its nothing to do with overheating.

That was what they told me to try, as well as initialising the system if that didn't work (although they said that would wipe the data which is lame but I guess its gone if I get a new console anyway), I don't know why I didn't just ring them first but for some reason thought they would be useless.

Leg-End

I can't say I've ever heard the fan and I certainly didn't hear it last night so I suspect you're either on to something or I'm wrong and its nothing to do with overheating.

That was what they told me to try, as well as initialising the system if that didn't work (although they said that would wipe the data which is lame but I guess its gone if I get a new console anyway), I don't know why I didn't just ring them first but for some reason thought they would be useless.
The PS4 fan ranges in build quality I reckon, some people say they don't hear it and others have a very audible fan when its a higher temp, mines inbetween and varies from game to game. It's worth trying the steps though, I had the issue where it would randomly spit the disc out now and again, I was convinced it was a disc drive failing but those steps cleared it up.

NinjaFletch

The PS4 fan ranges in build quality I reckon, some people say they don't hear it and others have a very audible fan when its a higher temp, mines inbetween and varies from game to game. It's worth trying the steps though, I had the issue where it would randomly spit the disc out now and again, I was convinced it was a disc drive failing but those steps cleared it up.
Yeah I've rebuilt the database and the problem hasn't happened yet. Then again its the first time I've played on the console today, so if it is an overheating issue you suspect it wouldn't be happening yet either.

Leg-End

Stress test it like hell I say, put a game on and just play it or leave it for a few hours, if GAME are offering a replacement I'd want to be sure its fixed.

NinjaFletch

Stress test it like hell I say, put a game on and just play it or leave it for a few hours, if GAME are offering a replacement I'd want to be sure its fixed.
Yeah thats exactly what I'm planning on doing. I've got all day free and the PS4 isn't being turned off until I go to bed.

Leg-End

Weaste used to stress test his PS3 by making it play GT5 replays for days at a time :lol:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Ah wasn't sure if you had it/knew it was on there. Thought you might go and get it for PS4.

It's a good game for those who haven't played it.

stu_1992

I'm considering getting one at argos for 359 with GTA 5 and Far Cry 4. Worth it? Any better deals out there?
Definitely that is a great deal. Especially if you never played GTA5 before, but even if you did, you would struggle to find better than that I would think.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Is it just me or is the battery life on the controller fecking shite?

Is there any way to turn the light off?

b82REZ

Doing the same on Friday. Might sell Far Cry and get FIFA though, not sure yet.
Really enjoying Far Cry, but then again I loved 3 and it's pretty much more of the same. GTA looks stunning.

I'm trading in a dozen or so PS3 games so going to grab Fifa and maybe COD.

Skills

Snitch
Left analogue stick keeps aiming down for some reason (not physically but the player always moved down on FIFA). Anyone faced a similar problem? Any quick fix for it?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Well it could be better that's for sure but I can play over 10 hours on mine so i dont see the problem..
Mine is similar. I've only ever had the low battery warning come up once, and that was after playing basically the whole day.

I do leave the ps4 in rest mode (3 hrs I think) with the controlled attached when it isn't in use.

arthurka

Mine is similar. I've only ever had the low battery warning come up once, and that was after playing basically the whole day.

I do leave the ps4 in rest mode (3 hrs I think) with the controlled attached when it isn't in use.
I put mine into off mode after 5 min of standing... But that's it..

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Can't cope without the real names and stuff though.
You only need to change names of 19 English teams. It's a superior game unless you want to cope with 6-4 scorelines in every game. If anything get FIFA14, it's much better (still deals with 8-6 games). Presentation in FIFA is spectacular though, it's not a bad game, it's just that PES resembles football more.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
'kinnel you've changed your tune... I'm deffo getting PES this year.
I have. Aside from the visual aspect and possibly shooting from certain ranges PES beats FIFA this year. They've actually made a step backwards in this FIFA in some areas, especially the pace of the game. I used to love grinding out 1-0 and 2-0 wins.

b82REZ

I have. Aside from the visual aspect and possibly shooting from certain ranges PES beats FIFA this year. They've actually made a step backwards in this FIFA in some areas, especially the pace of the game. I used to love grinding out 1-0 and 2-0 wins.
For years I was always firmly in the PES camp, but I unfortunately everyone I know plays fifa so that influenced my decision. I did consider PES today when I grabbed fifa but it usually drops in price quite quickly so I might grab it in New year.