Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

arthurka

It does look very nice indeed. The controller especially is a touch of class. I wonder if they will retail them separately as they're only 12,300 consoles being made.
Holy shit this just made my day... Best handmodel in the whole world..

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I loved the PS1. I don't really like this trend of inaccessible CD drives that suck the disc deep into a Space Odyssey like monolith. Too much to potential go wrong. Give me something that pops opens like a discman anyday.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
If they sell a remastered CTR with that console I'd buy it 10 times over.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
The 20th year Edition theme is now able to download from the store.

To navigate to it you can go via the store, or from the settings menu, choose 'Themes' > 'Find in the Playstation Store'.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
They should just mass produce that 20th anniversary PS4. Or at least sell the controller.

JackXX

Like the PS1 theme. Especially the startup sound. :) Should be standard for all playstations.

JmRssll555

My display settings reset and I seem to have lost all audio after updating my console this afternoon.
On the PS3, when display settings reset, the audio settings were automatically adjusted as well. It simply requires you to navigate into the audio settings part of the menu and un-tick all of the audio formats except the default ones which it won't allow you to un-tick. I'm not sure why it happened on the PS3, but I think it was something to do with the audio automatically defaulting to high quality Dolby HD sound through the HDMI, even if you didn't have Dolby HD speakers.

I'm also not sure if it's the same problem and/or solution on the PS4, but I thought it was worth bringing to your attention.

shabz

So I'm not one for downloading games off the PS Store at all, but I've seen online that Sony are having a 20th anniversary sale and some of the deals look pretty tempting, however virtually everything is only compatible on PS3... Why is this?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ree-column-12-days-of-christmas-01-eu-01dec14
I would think that because the PS4 has already got a lot of deals going on due to Christmas, there is more deals to be had for their other platforms. Plus they have the 12 deals of Christmas going on as well, so there will be at least one PS4 game being discounted every 48 hours.

Edit. It seems like Battlefield 4: Premium Edition will be the PS4 deal for tomorrow.

Last edited:

Bojan11

Sony being sony.

Would love to get that PS4, but most likely won't get a chance to. Seems Sony or Nintendo don't want to make money or something. Nintendo with these GameCube adapters and now Sony limiting this PS4 for 12,000 people.

They should just produce them for a limited run.

Leg-End

I'd imagine when they do a model revision they will just offer them on a larger scale, the reception to that 20th anniversary model has been pretty good. They know gamers love a double dip, who's not gonna buy a smaller revised model in different colours at like £200 a couple years down the line, I probably would.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I would think that because the PS4 has already got a lot of deals going on due to Christmas, there is more deals to be had for their other platforms. Plus they have the 12 deals of Christmas going on as well, so there will be at least one PS4 game being discounted every 48 hours.

Edit. It seems like Battlefield 4: Premium Edition will be the PS4 deal for tomorrow.
Blah, thought they'd give Alien Isolation, it was in the Black Friday deals though so it might not come in 12 deals of Christmas at all. :(

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Has anyone got the playstation tv yet? What's if like? Does it work as well as described?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I loved the PS1. I don't really like this trend of inaccessible CD drives that suck the disc deep into a Space Odyssey like monolith. Too much to potential go wrong. Give me something that pops opens like a discman anyday.
Far more can go wrong with a mechanical disc tray. You'd step on the open tray and snap it at least once every six months.

Leg-End

Under an hour until the keynote, Naughty Dog teasing a gameplay reveal of Uncharted 4. Hype.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Would somebody be so kind as to tag me if/when there's a video available of Uncharted 4?

Castia

Damn that looked amazing, really awesome job (as always) by Naughty Dog