Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

Bebe

Well it could be better that's for sure but I can play over 10 hours on mine so i dont see the problem..
It's just a massive reduction from the previous generation. With my x360/ps3 I had to charge a controller maybe once every 3 weeks at the most. It's hardly the end of the world, but it is a minor annoyance that I don't feel needs to exist.

arthurka

It's just a massive reduction from the previous generation. With my x360/ps3 I had to charge a controller maybe once every 3 weeks at the most. It's hardly the end of the world, but it is a minor annoyance that I don't feel needs to exist.
I agree.. But some here act like you have to have it plugged in all the time, and 10-12 hours should do most people nicely. Standing up from the console once every 10 hours isnt going to hurt anyone.

JackXX

My main problem is I forget to put it on charge every time I use it. Like I'll go from playing the PS4 to watching TV or something and forget it. I got another controller just because of it really so I always have one on charge.

vanthaman

Winner
My main problem is I forget to put it on charge every time I use it. Like I'll go from playing the PS4 to watching TV or something and forget it. I got another controller just because of it really so I always have one on charge.
That's what I do, I use one controller while charging the other and just switch when it runs out, no problem at all

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
One you claim a free game off PS+ is it yours for good or do you lose it once you uninstall it?
You're free to redownload so long as you're a PS+ subscriber.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Has anyone here got the white console? Does the controller get filthy or is it alright?

Leg-End

It plays music but not video...yet. They are patching it in at some point but Sony are incredibly slow with meaningful updates.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sony are starting the 12 days of christmas deals, todays deals include:

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
Was €44.99/£39.99/AU$62.95, now €24.99/£19.99/AU$37.95
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

F1 2014 (PS3)
Was €54.99/£39.99/AU$79.95, now €19.99/£15.99/AU$24.95

Dynasty Warriors Next (PS Vita)
Was €34.99/£29.99/AU$47.95, now €14.99/£11.99/AU$22.95
Additional 20% discount for PS Plus members
I'm gonna grab TLOU, it's a good deal. Highly recommended for people who just got their PS4.

Alock1

Hmmm.. tempted to get TLOU for £18 just ready for when I do get one.

Alock1

Yeah I can't afford one till after Xmas though unfortunately. The longer I leave it the better for my degree aswel.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'll be buying a new TV as I'm going to redecorate the spare room in my apartment and will create a TV room there. Huge deal because we have two TVs right now, full HD in the living room which is mostly occupied by my girlfriend and a 720p TV in the bedroom which isn't good enough for PS4 so I don't even bother. I'll be like a kid when we finish everything at some point in January. :drool:

Still can't decide whether to get 32 inches or 42 inches. Bigger would obviously have its advantages but the expenses between now and the end of January are going to be huge and I'm not sure I need 42 inches for a small room.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Are there any, kind of, sword fighting games? Like proper battles. None of this sci-fi gun stuff.

b82REZ

So tempted by the TLOU offer.

I rarely finish games twice though so don't know whether it's worth it.

Is it known issue of not being able to get on PS Store through the console? Whenever I try it just keeps loading with nothing showing on the screen. I currently have to do everything through the app and start the downloads from there.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Is it known issue of not being able to get on PS Store through the console? Whenever I try it just keeps loading with nothing showing on the screen. I currently have to do everything through the app and start the downloads from there.
I used to have this issue but it lasted for a day, but it was on Sony's end.

Do they do the offers again after Christmas or am i imagining that?
Yes, they do the January sales too. Pretty sure they're doing it this year too.

Carlsen19

Mine's like this. Had another PS4 this time last year and it had the same issue as well.

Member 39557

Waited ages for for The Last Of Us to drop in price, but to no avail. Sony Christmas sale came to my rescue. Downloading it for £20.00 :)

Carlsen19

Don't suppose any of you lovely lads have a PS+ trial code I could borrow/have? :p

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Got a good deal Black Friday.

PS4 with GTA5, Alien Isolation, Watchdogs & Infamous First Light - £339

Was expecting today but not arrived yet :rolleyes:

Also bought Metal Gear separately £17.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Got a good deal Black Friday.

PS4 with GTA5, Alien Isolation, Watchdogs & Infamous First Light - £339

Was expecting today but not arrived yet :rolleyes:

Also bought Metal Gear separately £17.
where did you order from? Mine didnt arrive today either

shabz

I got TLOU in last years 12 days of Christmas for the PS3. It was amazing. Have people played both PS3 and PS4 and reckon it's worth getting again?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I got TLOU in last years 12 days of Christmas for the PS3. It was amazing. Have people played both PS3 and PS4 and reckon it's worth getting again?
Yes if you like to go through the same story twice. I've already forgotten most of the TLOU plot so playing it on PS4 is like a new experience altogether. 60 FPS and 1080p is a big improvement.

CallyRed

Trying to buy TLOU from the PS Store on my phone but an error keeps occuring. I will be pissed if its because I'm not ordering it on my PS4, as I'm not at home this week.
£17.99 is too good a deal to miss.

shabz

Yes if you like to go through the same story twice. I've already forgotten most of the TLOU plot so playing it on PS4 is like a new experience altogether. 60 FPS and 1080p is a big improvement.
Cheers will go for it then. I just hoped that Sony would release a list of what's to come in the 12 days of Christmas deals so I could make some informed decisions.

Castia

20th anniversary edition PS4 is getting released (limited edition 12000 units). They're releasing PS one themes as well with all the retro sounds etc :)

More pics here: http://imgur.com/a/QRIan

I think it looks great, the details on the close up pictures are really well done.

Last edited:

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Oh WOW... Sony have Released a PS1 theme for the PS4, and that theme also includes the old PS1 system boot up sound!

Leg-End

It wouldn't really be a surprise if they announce it 3 days before would it.

shabz

It does look very nice indeed. The controller especially is a touch of class. I wonder if they will retail them separately as they're only 12,300 consoles being made.