Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Looks gorgeous. Some shadow pop in but that seems to be the norm in open world games. Plus, it was also present in the PC version. Supposedly their engine isn't the best at streaming assets. Either way, I can't fecking wait.

Redo91

A bit off topic but couldn't think of any other thread to ask this in.

I've been looking to buy some older PS3 games like Killzone and Mass Effect as I haven't given those series a try yet and they are continuing on the next-gen. A few months back I had found both those games on the Playstation Store but I was looking last night and they seem to be gone. Any idea why this is and if it's permanent?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
A bit off topic but couldn't think of any other thread to ask this in.

I've been looking to buy some older PS3 games like Killzone and Mass Effect as I haven't given those series a try yet and they are continuing on the next-gen. A few months back I had found both those games on the Playstation Store but I was looking last night and they seem to be gone. Any idea why this is and if it's permanent?
I just looked and all 3 mass effect games are on the store

Shark

@NotShark
Searching on the PS4 would make a difference if I'm not mistaken. I've never seen Mass Effect on that store.

Leg-End

Selling games... :nono: ... My plastic got a higher limit ready for this month, they must have known.
Once I get the platinum trophy it has to be an excellent game or I'll rid it and put it towards something else.

Far Cry 4 did not meet that criteria.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Cheers. Checked on my PS3 there and came across them. Killzone is €20 though because it is bundled with some inFamous spin-off. :(
I don't think Killzone is meant to be that good...I would just stick with Mass Effect if I were you. A fantastic trilogy

Redo91

I don't think Killzone is meant to be that good...I would just stick with Mass Effect if I were you. A fantastic trilogy
Ya the first and most recent one on the PS4 are meant to be a bit meh. I'm thinking of giving it a look for the 2nd and 3rd which are both supposed to be excellent.

I will definitely be playing the Mass Effect trilogy especially with the 4th on the way.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I remember liking the first Killzone, not played 2 or 3, and the PS4 one is beautiful but blah.

Still reckon the Vita one is the best. The early weapon options, got to play through most of the game with a sniper rifle. :drool:

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Watch_Dogs is gash, wasted €20 on it. Everything feels so unpolished and the characters are just horrible. Listening to the protagonist talk is like nails on a chalk board. I'll probably try to power through, hopefully the story isn't that long because yawwwn.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Watch_Dogs is gash, wasted €20 on it. Everything feels so unpolished and the characters are just horrible. Listening to the protagonist talk is like nails on a chalk board. I'll probably try to power through, hopefully the story isn't that long because yawwwn.
Aiden Pierce is a terrible protagonist. Couldn't be any more generic or boring. I think the story is around 20 hours long and it's not that good.

b82REZ

I bought this yesterday for an article I'm writing and I don't think it's too bad.

I'm just ignoring the story and making my own up in my head as I go along though which speaks volumes about it it.

The characters actions are always contradictory.

I am enjoying just pissing around and I like the outpost style missions. Whether it holds my interest in the long term is another thing.

b82REZ

Trying to do them full stealth was good fun.
That's how I'm playing it. My expectations were low for it anyway so for £12 I've got no real grumbles so far.

Yes the story's shit, but most games have shit stories, what would be more surprising is if the story was decent.

It's a good game to turn your mind off to and play while I wait for Arkham Knight.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
That's how I'm playing it. My expectations were low for it anyway so for £12 I've got no real grumbles so far.

Yes the story's shit, but most games have shit stories, what would be more surprising is if the story was decent.

It's a good game to turn your mind off to and play while I wait for Arkham Knight.
The hacking stuff was pretty poor considering it was meant to be the games main feature. Just felt like you were driving around with an occasional push of a button to make something happen. It's a solid game that lacks charm which isn't surprising considering what Ubi have done to the AssCreed series.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I know it didn't make economic sense for sony but how good would it be it the PS4 was backwards compatible. I hate using my PS3 because of the amount of noise the fans make now (Fat 40gb from 2007) and the controller is hard to go back to. They're also still extremely expensive so I can't buy another one.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I know it didn't make economic sense for sony but how good would it be it the PS4 was backwards compatible. I hate using my PS3 because of the amount of noise the fans make now (Fat 40gb from 2007) and the controller is hard to go back to. They're also still extremely expensive so I can't buy another one.
The controller is a non-issue, your PS4 controller is compatible, though you may have to have it plugged in, not sure.

Turned on mine(PS4) today, to find out I've 499gb used. Need to look up hard drive replacements.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
The controller is a non-issue, your PS4 controller is compatible, though you may have to have it plugged in, not sure.

Turned on mine(PS4) today, to find out I've 499gb used. Need to look up hard drive replacements.
Only for certain games. Been playing Saints Row 3 and Deadly Premonition this week and PS4 controller only works on the latter unfortunately.

I have a 1TB in my PS3. Might just swap it with the PS4 one day as mine is also nearly full (although it's mostly crap from PS Plus which I don't play)

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Only for certain games. Been playing Saints Row 3 and Deadly Premonition this week and PS4 controller only works on the latter unfortunately.

I have a 1TB in my PS3. Might just swap it with the PS4 one day as mine is also nearly full (although it's mostly crap from PS Plus which I don't play)
Ahhh crap, thought it was fully compatible!

Same as that, so much PS+ stuff.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Ahhh crap, thought it was fully compatible!

Same as that, so much PS+ stuff.
I bet Sony could easily release a patch to allow full compatibility for all games but haven't due to some nefarious reason that I have yet to work out...

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
It'd be nice if it was backwards compatible with PS3 but it's fair enough that it isn't. It sucks that PS1/PS2 games don't work on it though, what's that about?

Worried about losing subs to PS Now I guess.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
It'd be nice if it was backwards compatible with PS3 but it's fair enough that it isn't. It sucks that PS1/PS2 games don't work on it though, what's that about?

I'd be happy enough with my PS1 Classics being compatible like they were with PS3.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Sadly, yes. It's a shame because the PS4 easily emulates the Emotion Engine, but the Cell would be impossible.

One of the surprising features of the Wii-U that I find myself using a lot more than I ever thought, is playing Wii games on the Pad screen without needing a sensor bar. They still offer Wii games for download, so it is viable.

Alock1

Sadly, yes. It's a shame because the PS4 easily emulates the Emotion Engine, but the Cell would be impossible.

One of the surprising features of the Wii-U that I find myself using a lot more than I ever thought, is playing Wii games on the Pad screen without needing a sensor bar. They still offer Wii games for download, so it is viable.
Just annoying that you can't also use the gamepad as the pad, only the screen.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
PS1 was before my time so not bothered about that...PS2 era I only knew about GTA and PES so missed all the good games!

I guess the lack of price drop for PS3 is due to PS Now as well. £100+ for something so old is shitty. How good would a new cheaper PS3 the size of a slimline PS2 be :drool:

Alock1

PS1 was before my time so not bothered about that...PS2 era I only knew about GTA and PES so missed all the good games!

I guess the lack of price drop for PS3 is due to PS Now as well. £100+ for something so old is shitty. How good would a new cheaper PS3 the size of a slimline PS2 be :drool:
So many great PS1 & PS2 games. Not even just for nostalgia, loads to love that hold up well today.

Alock1

:lol: You and that game. Have you ever played it online? I heard it was possible a few years ago with epsxe, but never tried it myself.
No but I'd love to! I'd probably get dicked mind. I thought I was ace at it, would regularly dick friends on it but I've seen some youtube videos since of some crazy shit. Saying that, I was pretty good at Mario Kart online last year before I stopped playing it.

Watch the last lap. Way harder than it looks I bet.