Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Ugh, I bought Watch_Dogs for €19.99 on the PSN store, thought why not. Played it for 15 minutes and felt no desire to play on. Going from Bloodborne & Dark Souls II to the usual Ubisoft AAA tripe is eye opening.

From Software have ruined gaming for me! Although I've no doubts The Witcher 3 will be outstanding.

@JmRssll555 I know you prefer buds, but these are fantastic headphones. Unbelievable sound quality and comfortable as feck.

http://www.zavvi.com/ps4-accessories/turtle-beach-ear-force-p12-ps4/10989775.html?switchcurrency=GBP

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Ugh, I bought Watch_Dogs for €19.99 on the PSN store, thought why not. Played it for 15 minutes and felt no desire to play on. Going from Bloodborne & Dark Souls II to the usual Ubisoft AAA tripe is eye opening.

From Software have ruined gaming for me! Although I've no doubts The Witcher 3 will be outstanding.
It gets better as it goes on imo, the worst thing you can do is to compare it with other games. I found once you'd started unlocking hacks and stuff you could have a bit of fun. No GTA, but something a little different. Getting TW3 on release?

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
It gets better as it goes on imo, the worst thing you can do is to compare it with other games. I found once you'd started unlocking hacks and stuff you could have a bit of fun. No GTA, but something a little different. Getting TW3 on release?
Have it pre-ordered on PSN. Most anticipated game since Mass Effect 3. Feel like a kid waiting for Xmas eve. Pathetic, I know. :lol:

Leg-End

I actually went back and finished Watch_Dogs tonight just so I could delete it in anticipation of The Witcher 3.

It's not bad but it's so Ubisoft it hurts.

Nothing in it is outstanding or even great, the story doesn't flow, the protagonist is boring and dislikeable, the secondary characters are totally irrelevant, none of the gameplay elements are noteworthy and the hacking is basically a 2bit cheap iPhone game. The whole concept is really good but if the are making that rumoured sequel they should just chuck everything away and start again, its basically a Person of Interest ripoff anyway so just go the whole hog and make it like that because I would play the feck of it.

But for the love of christ Ubi, stop with the tailing missions.....or any sort of mission that involves proximity chases that require you to keep an eye on the target at all times or suffer an instant fail, nobody in the world likes them, they were shit in Assassins Creed, shit in Far Cry and shit in this.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Have it pre-ordered on PSN. Most anticipated game since Mass Effect 3. Feel like a kid waiting for Xmas eve. Pathetic, I know. :lol:
I cant decide if I want physical copies of games anymore, or digital. Physical feels better to have, it's like a real possession, however, changing discs is a huge task.

Bojan11

@JmRssll555 I know you prefer buds, but these are fantastic headphones. Unbelievable sound quality and comfortable as feck.

http://www.zavvi.com/ps4-accessories/turtle-beach-ear-force-p12-ps4/10989775.html?switchcurrency=GBP
Going from anything decent to watchdogs will be a big step down.

Terrible game.

Anyone picking up the Wolfenstein standalone DLC?

Eriku

I played Watch Dogs before I started delving into the likes of DS, and I never managed to retain interest enough to finish it.

Same with AC: Unity, even though they got rid of some of the elements that made it feel like colour by numbers. I dread to think what it'll be like to have at it now.

I wouldn't mind trying the Witcher when it comes out, but my wife's a hardcore Witcher fan, does not want to play it on console, prolly doesn't to witness a let's play by yours truly in her own living-room while she waits for a PC that can hack it, and would not care much for me bypassing the first two either, I'm sure :lol:

Thank goodness I still have Bloodborne to look forward to. And I'm still anxiously awaiting news of No-man's Sky.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I was never a FF player... but erm... last I saw it it didn't have cars and real-time battles in it. :eek:
FFX is awesome, none of this new bullshit. Turn based battles, and chocobos to get around on! I can't wait, nearly bought a vita for it till I found it was coming to ps4! Way too excited for a hell knows how many years old remaster!

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
FFX is awesome, none of this new bullshit. Turn based battles, and chocobos to get around on! I can't wait, nearly bought a vita for it till I found it was coming to ps4! Way too excited for a hell knows how many years old remaster!
It's a good remaster, too, and the PS4 version will probably be even better.

I'd buy that again before this new one, FFXV - Dudebros off to see Metallica.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Not long till I can play through it completely and get loads of trophies :D Have a full week playing it before Witcher 3 is out.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
FFX was the last I really enjoyed, if I recall correctly. But I am due another FFVII journey in June, aside from the excitement surrounding The Witcher...

Winrar

Just started the download for wolfenstein: old blood, heard it has nazi zombies so I hope it's good.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers

I was looking at Watch Dogs and thinking about picking it up for the sale price - think I will give it a swerve.

Looking forward to:
  • Batman: Arkham Knight (June)
  • Payday 2 (June) - not sure about this one but like the concept.
  • Metal Gear Solid V (September)
  • Mad Max (September I think)
  • Star Wars Battlefront (November)
  • Just Cause 3 (TBC)
And will pick up Dying Light if I see it on sale somewhere.

Also, add in FIFA or PES (depending on what the consensus is over which is better - FIFA is feeling a bit stale to me) and probably Madden, and there is more there than I would be able to play anyway.

Games like Bloodborne and The Witcher don't seem to attract me - I think because of the setting.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I was looking at Watch Dogs and thinking about picking it up for the sale price - think I will give it a swerve.

Looking forward to:
  • Just Cause 3 (TBC)

Also, add in FIFA or PES (depending on what the consensus is over which is better - FIFA is feeling a bit stale to me) and probably Madden, and there is more there than I would be able to play anyway.

Games like Bloodborne and The Witcher don't seem to attract me - I think because of the setting.
Don't think I'll get either Fifa or Pro Evo this year, heh, never thought I'd say that. Haven't had Madden in a few years, so maybe that. Gronk and ODB main contenders for the cover, hope it's not Gronk, whoever it is.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief

Looking forward to:
  • Just Cause 3 (TBC)

Dying Light was on sale a while back, should've mentioned it as it has four player co-op, would have been a blast playing it with four people. And you can supposedly do all story missions together. Think of the fun we could have had! :O

JmRssll555

I find any semi decent ear buds with an in-line mic work fine. I have a pair of Soundmagics and some Sony ones I got with my phone and they are always clear and I never get any complaints about sound quality from my end.

I have considered buying the official Sony headset because they're wireless and compatible with PC as well.
I'll see if there are any other earphones lying around the house somewhere and try them out then. Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think those will be my next option. They're only £29.99 on Amazon and I'll get them next day with Prime too.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Don't think I'll get either Fifa or Pro Evo this year, heh, never thought I'd say that. Haven't had Madden in a few years, so maybe that. Gronk and ODB main contenders for the cover, hope it's not Gronk, whoever it is.
Yeah will have to have a think about a football game - I like playing the Clubs mode with the Caf - so will see which game people go for this year. Would be nice to have a change from FIFA to be honest.

I bought Madden last year, and haven't played it as much as I have done in the past, so will see if they make any genuine changes to this year's game...

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Dying Light was on sale a while back, should've mentioned it as it has four player co-op, would have been a blast playing it with four people. And you can supposedly do all story missions together. Think of the fun we could have had! :O
Damn - didn't realise it had 4 player coop!! Would definitely be up for that!

Have you bought it already?

I seem to like the co-op modes more and more these days - really good fun when doing them with 'like-minded' people!

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I'll see if there are any other earphones lying around the house somewhere and try them out then. Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think those will be my next option. They're only £29.99 on Amazon and I'll get them next day with Prime too.
I have those headphones too - really recommend them! The mic works well etc, but the difference in sound quality within games is huge when wearing them.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Damn - didn't realise it had 4 player coop!! Would definitely be up for that!

Have you bought it already?

I seem to like the co-op modes more and more these days - really good fun when doing them with 'like-minded' people!
Nah, I didn't bother. I might see if I can get a cheap retail copy on the amazon or something.

Do you have both game and chat audio coming through the headphones then?
I do for what it's worth.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Finally got around to replacing my hard drive - swapped it for a 2TB one.

Actually swapping the drive was v simple - but backing up the old one, then restoring the new one took hours and hours...

But nice to have space again! Now just need some better games offered on PS+.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Yeah whole game is up to 4 player co op, it's done really well and works flawlessly - it's really good fun co-op, highly recommend it.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Uh oh, my credit limit has just been increased to 500 quid on one of my cards, forgot I had it, and I have all 500 available... What to buy!