Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Ahhh, shite. Was planning on getting one for PS4 streaming.

I know my Vita didn't stream great until I set it up to directly connect to my PS4, can you do that, or have you already?
Yeah I've played around with it a lot and tried all options. I found the wifi better than LAN :lol:

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Got The Walking Dead season 1 for under £10. Bargain having never played it before. In the middle of episode 3 now and it is absolutely gripping. Will be getting Season 2 for the same price for sure.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Uncharted 3 coming to PS Now this week :drool:. Guess, time to activate the free trial.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
on PS4.

I have PS3, so didnt feel need for PSnow. Never played Uncharted 3 (criminal, I know) but will play now for free :drool:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
guys What game would you recommend to play online? Call of Duty or Battlefield ? (I never played any of them) Right now I have only plants against Zombies. I can only afford to buy one, I use to buy in British stores but now the pound is too strong.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Definitely Battlefield 4. You can get premium edition for good price. Don't know much about BF Hardline though.

b82REZ

I really like the changes they made to COD this year. If you aren't tired of standard military shooters Battlefield is probably your best option. The 64 players really adds to it.

The Last of Us has a really good multiplayer, as well as a brilliant story. Maybe look into that.

Raw

I just found a deal for a PS4 + Bloodborne for £290 :eek:

I'd get it but I'm afraid I might get too addicted right before my exam period.

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
I really like the changes they made to COD this year. If you aren't tired of standard military shooters Battlefield is probably your best option. The 64 players really adds to it.

The Last of Us has a really good multiplayer, as well as a brilliant story. Maybe look into that.
I'm the opposite, I absolutely hate COD online now. I'd do anything for a hark back to the gameplay of MW2 or Black Ops. All this Exo pack business - hovering, jumping higher, going invisible etc.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm the opposite, I absolutely hate COD online now. I'd do anything for a hark back to the gameplay of MW2 or Black Ops. All this Exo pack business - hovering, jumping higher, going invisible etc.
Just play those games then... I'm not COD's biggest fan but at least they tried something (marginally) different (which happens to sound awfully like Destiny/Halo). Doesn't render those older games unplayable does it? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
Just play those games then... I'm not COD's biggest fan but at least they tried something (marginally) different (which happens to sound awfully like Destiny/Halo). Doesn't render those older games unplayable does it? Correct me if I'm wrong...
Not at all, I still play them. The hackers, lag and server issues make it a much less enjoyable experience then it once was, but they're still fun. I'd just personally like to see a MW1/2 next gen version of COD.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not at all, I still play them. The hackers, lag and server issues make it a much less enjoyable experience then it once was, but they're still fun. I'd just personally like to see a MW1/2 next gen version of COD.
Oh fair enough, I don't know what it would take for me to get back on the COD train, but I don't think that's it.

b82REZ

I tired of normal military shooters. I had no interest in any online shooter for years, but I liked Titanfall and the new COD is in a similar vein. Up until Advanced Warfare COD had not tried anything new since MW2 with every yearly iteration feeling more like a map update rather than new game.

I agree though the hackers on AW can make it unplayable at times.

vanthaman

Winner
decided to upgrade my hard drive to 2tb, works like a dream, using my old ps4 drive in the external hdd case the new one came in

vanthaman

Winner
Yeah that's the one I installed a while back. Piss easy to do.
Amazing how easy it was, especially with the new back up and restore option

I was using a 6 year old Usb hard drive to do the back up which was taking 7 hours so canceled it and ended up deleting a few games. It took almost 3 hours to do back up (almost 200gb of stuff) and an hour to restore it.

My ps4 seems to take longer to shut down now though, it goes into the black shut down screen in same amount of time but I'm sure it's taking an extra 10 or 15 seconds to turn off

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Amazing how easy it was, especially with the new back up and restore option

I was using a 6 year old Usb hard drive to do the back up which was taking 7 hours so canceled it and ended up deleting a few games. It took almost 3 hours to do back up (almost 200gb of stuff) and an hour to restore it.

My ps4 seems to take longer to shut down now though, it goes into the black shut down screen in same amount of time but I'm sure it's taking an extra 10 or 15 seconds to turn off
I'll have to check how long mine takes to shut down but don't think it takes that long. Yeah the backup and restore option is great. Unfortunately for me, I had 360GB of stuff to transfer over and did take ages but was worth it. "Hardest" part of the whole process for me was trying to open the case but the flathead screwdrivers I had at the time were too big, and even that didn't take that long.

vanthaman

Winner
I'll have to check how long mine takes to shut down but don't think it takes that long. Yeah the backup and restore option is great. Unfortunately for me, I had 360GB of stuff to transfer over and did take ages but was worth it. "Hardest" part of the whole process for me was trying to open the case but the flathead screwdrivers I had at the time were too big, and even that didn't take that long.
I ended up stabbing myself in the hand while forcing the case open, got it open I'm the end though

vanthaman

Winner
It shut down fine last night so must have been a blip, I had noticed the video apps weren't there too, only the ones I had downloaded, but they all came back now

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Is there a PS4 TV remote type thing?

I've now got Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Sky Go set up on mine.

Thought it might be good to get a TV remote so I'm not always draining and recharging the Dualshock when just watching TV.

And might make it a bit more accessible for my girlfriend who barely knows how to hold a joypad.

b82REZ

Is there a PS4 TV remote type thing?

I've now got Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Sky Go set up on mine.

Thought it might be good to get a TV remote so I'm not always draining and recharging the Dualshock when just watching TV.

And might make it a bit more accessible for my girlfriend who barely knows how to hold a joypad.
No. Still thinks a con the PS3 remote doesn't work.

Edit. I think you can buy a third party one. Sure I've seen them in GAME but iirc they look really cheap and were quite expensive for what it is.

Bojan11

How do you buy every game ever? What do you do?
I'd just say that I come from a wealthy family, so was fortunate. Still have to work obviously, but was given a lucky break.

But yeah I own over 40 full retail games on PS4, 10 on Xbox one and about 11 on Wii U. Not counting the psn releases.

I tend to buy most the releases. But I don't do what quite a few people do and that is trade them in. Don't think I've ever been shopped at a game store since 2007 maybe.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Bloodborne sold 1 million copies to consumers as of april 5th.

:eek:
900k copies traded back in after 4 hours of constant dying.

In all seriousness, I hope it continues to do well. Can't wait to get it myself.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
900k copies traded back in after 4 hours of constant dying.

In all seriousness, I hope it continues to do well. Can't wait to get it myself.
True :p

Have you played dark souls, locka? I'm hesitant on getting it because I haven't played those games