Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Do you Def mean ps now and not ps plus?

Aslong as your subscribed to either you can play the games after month end
It's my PS4 and I have a 12month PS+ subscription, but my OH purchased a 1 month PS Now subscription at the start of April on an account she set up for herself on my machine. The PS Now section will not let me d/l games on my account, but obviously does on hers (funny because all her games are cute and non violent, and have now been barraged with a bunch of destructive games from yours truly) so I don't know how that'll work at month's end as I doubt she'll renew, and I don't know if I should just give her a months' worth of funds to keep the games running on my behalf or just can it before becoming too invested - better to do that now whilst on the initial levels than a few days in where I'll be pretty pissed off if those games just disappear.

At least the save states remain, as Damien said, so there's that.

decorativeed

The 3rd one although seen as the weakest is also very good in its own right. Such an amazing series, I’d love to play them all again.
I know the age rating for these is 16, but so was the Spider-man game, and there were only a couple of mild swears in that. Is this the same? Hoping for something to get my 12 year old off Rocket League for a bit.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I know the age rating for these is 16, but so was the Spider-man game, and there were only a couple of mild swears in that. Is this the same? Hoping for something to get my 12 year old off Rocket League for a bit.
they're fine for a 12 year old imo, basically Indiana Jones in game form. You do shoot guys and there is a some blood but it's not graphic.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Question: These games you get via Playstation Now; do they get removed from your system at the end of a month, or?

I'm quarter of a way through a game, and if it's going to be snatched from me on May 1st, I'm probably going to can it rather than get too immersed.
They don't get removed - they just get "locked" and a little locked icon appears. If you get PS Now again on her account (or your account) make sure the account is set to primary and they should go away.

If not, go into system settings and "restore licences"

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
They don't get removed - they just get "locked" and a little locked icon appears. If you get PS Now again on her account (or your account) make sure the account is set to primary and they should go away.

If not, go into system settings and "restore licences"
Right. Cheers.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Has anyone bought the ps4 back attachment here? How is the thing?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Shame no.4 isn't in that 'collection'.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It's currently available at no extra cost to those who have PlayStation Plus.
Not really free then, as when you stop paying the subscription you lose the games.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Not really free then, as when you stop paying the subscription you lose the games.
:lol: they've handed out 4 great games for free and you're complaining.

@Damien didn't actually say it was "free" it you read his post. Also for non PS plus subscribers Uncharted 4 has been permanently reduced to 15 quid so not that much of a outlay to complete the set. :)

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
:lol: they've handed out 4 great games for free and you're complaining.

@Damien didn't actually say it was "free" it you read his post. Also for non PS plus subscribers Uncharted 4 has been permanently reduced to 15 quid so not that much of a outlay to complete the set. :)
Not bothered about the prices I bought all those games on release, it was more of a pop at calling it the uncharted 'collection' when one game is missing from it. In a way it's kind of clever from Sony, because after you play the first 3 you are likely to get hooked and want to play the 4th.

Ainu

Not bothered about the prices I bought all those games on release, it was more of a pop at calling it the uncharted 'collection' when one game is missing from it. In a way it's kind of clever from Sony, because after you play the first 3 you are likely to get hooked and want to play the 4th.
You're reading way too much into it. At the time of its release Uncharted 4 wasn't actually out yet. It's simply a collection of all 3 PS3 games remastered for PS4.

b82REZ

:rolleyes:

The collection came out before 4 and was designed to give gamers the chance to play the original trilogy if they'd missed it on the PS3, but that's obviously a bad thing. Big bad Sony making games we enjoy and then making us buy sequels. The pricks.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
You're reading way too much into it. At the time of its release Uncharted 4 wasn't actually out yet. It's simply a collection of all 3 PS3 games remastered for PS4.
Which is a fair point maybe they could have called it the uncharted trilogy then.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
:rolleyes:

The collection came out before 4 and was designed to give gamers the chance to play the original trilogy if they'd missed it on the PS3, but that's obviously a bad thing. Big bad Sony making games we enjoy and then making us buy sequels. The pricks.
Why are you triggered?

redom

Has anyone bought the ps4 back attachment here? How is the thing?
I got it and have found it really useful, took me a bit to get used to it because I've never used paddles/back buttons before so it messed with my grip and definitely felt a bit uncomfortable at first.

Now it feels completely natural and I like not having to take my fingers off the sticks in FPS games so it was worth it for me.

One thing I have noticed though is sometimes the headphone jack seems to play up a bit and you have to fiddle with it a bit to fix the sound but if you don't use a headset a lot then it's a non issue and even if you do it's pretty minor.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I got it and have found it really useful, took me a bit to get used to it because I've never used paddles/back buttons before so it messed with my grip and definitely felt a bit uncomfortable at first.

Now it feels completely natural and I like not having to take my fingers off the sticks in FPS games so it was worth it for me.

One thing I have noticed though is sometimes the headphone jack seems to play up a bit and you have to fiddle with it a bit to fix the sound but if you don't use a headset a lot then it's a non issue and even if you do it's pretty minor.
That's great, I wish i wasnt so hesitant and just pre ordered the thing.

The prices going for the thing now are unnatural!

redom

That's great, I wish i wasnt so hesitant and just pre ordered the thing.

The prices going for the thing now are unnatural!
Yeah, I got it on release as it seemed a great alternative to the modded controllers that tend to cost an arm and a leg, glad I managed to get one.

RedDevilRoshi

I wish I was you so much right now :drool:

Uncharted 2 and 4 are just spooge worthy.
:D

Nearly completed 2. Only got something like 2% left to play. It’s been absolutely fantastic so far! Really enjoying it! :drool:

Hoping to have it completed tonight and start Uncharted 3 either straight after I finish number two tonight or tomorrow after work.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I've been having a ball with Predator: Hunting Grounds all week. It's a shame though as it's got some issues that hold it back like the shooting mechanics aren't as fluid as say yer CODs or Apex Legends & more like an Ubisoft shooter.. & the queue times to play as the Predator are pretty long, yer talking 4 - 6mins.

But it's a hell of a lot of fun either as the fireteam or the Predator, especially when everyone is on the headsets.

The guys that make it at Illfonic are a small team though so I wouldn't be too hard on them and the only glaring issue is those wait times to be the Predator. I hope they can patch in some updates to fix the matchmaking (they've said this is on the way) and some tweaks here and there and ill be a game Ill be playing for a good while.

Here's some gameplay of when I started to find my groove with the Predator and the first time I eliminate an entire fireteam...

Last edited:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Again slightly late to the party but I have picked up Divinity Original Sin 2 and wow it’s incredible. I haven’t really played many turn based games of this ilk before but the level of depth in the game really keeps things interesting.

It really appears to reward thinking through a situation/battle etc before it takes place and making sure you have your guys set up beforehand. I think this game is going to be a long one too, I spent about 20 hours alone just in the initial area talking to people and trying to improve my party’s skills and equipment.

This is another one of those games it looked at for ages and read some fantastic reviews online, but wasn’t sure I would like the game style but having started it, I’m engrossed.

b82REZ

I've been having a ball with Predator: Hunting Grounds all week. It's a shame though as it's got some issues that hold it back like the shooting mechanics aren't as fluid as say yer CODs or Apex Legends & more like an Ubisoft shooter.. & the queue times to play as the Predator are pretty long, yer talking 4 - 6mins.

But it's a hell of a lot of fun either as the fireteam or the Predator, especially when everyone is on the headsets.

The guys that make it at Illfonic are a small team though so I wouldn't be too hard on them and the only glaring issue is those wait times to be the Predator. I hope they can patch in some updates to fix the matchmaking (they've said this is on the way) and some tweaks here and there and ill be a game Ill be playing for a good while.

Here's some gameplay of when I started to find my groove with the Predator and the first time I eliminate an entire fireteam...

Sounds like Evolve, which I loved back in the day.

If I remember I'm gonna check this out tonight.

Irwin99

I'm replaying Alien Isolation for the first time in over 4 years and it's still a good game I think. Definitely the best Alien game I've ever played (though the competition isn't exactly fierce) and it's a shame it didn't sell well.

Has anyone played Nier Automata? I wasn't that impressed with the demo years ago but I keep hearing that it's a classic. Thinking of giving it another go.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'm replaying Alien Isolation for the first time in over 4 years and it's still a good game I think. Definitely the best Alien game I've ever played (though the competition isn't exactly fierce) and it's a shame it didn't sell well.

Has anyone played Nier Automata? I wasn't that impressed with the demo years ago but I keep hearing that it's a classic. Thinking of giving it another go.
I've played it. I loved it but I can definitely understand why it doesn't appeal to everyone. The way the plot is arranged is strange but if you stick with it, it will pay off.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

I played it and after an hour prologue died on the boss and had to start back at the beginning. Not played in since :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Neir is in my top 3 of the last decade and possibly top 10/15 of all time. Incredible game. But yeah it's not for everyone.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There's a great discount on Control and Subnautica. How would yall rate those two? Subnautica looms good but I don't think I can deal with another horror game off the back of RE2.

Ainu

I recently played Nier Automata and loved it. Combat and story were the real standouts of the game. You need to stick with it to get get everything out of it story-wise but it's absolutely worth it.

There's a great discount on Control and Subnautica. How would yall rate those two? Subnautica looms good but I don't think I can deal with another horror game off the back of RE2.
Can't say anything about Subnautica but Control disappointed me. I'm about halfway through and I have to force myself to play further. It looks great and the combat works well enough, but it's so bland and tedious. Every fight is the same as the last and nothing about the characters, story or environment is particularly interesting. A lot of people seem to love it though.

Dave_MUFC

I played it and after an hour prologue died on the boss and had to start back at the beginning. Not played in since :lol:
I started it last week and hit the same issue. Got so annoyed with it, researched a bit about it, and restarted on easy (which basically plays the game for you), and found out that dodging essentially makes you immune to any attacks! So you just spam dodge when fighting the boss and you'll be grand :lol:

It's worth persevering, as after that there are save points everywhere.

Irwin99

Thanks for the replies about Nier. I might give it another go as the story sounds interesting and maybe the gameplay just takes a bit of getting used to.

Got to finish (and maybe platinum) Alien Isolation first.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Nier: Automata is quite good. The multiple "endings" by going through ng plusses is quite unique. I find it a tad overrated by people calling it one of the best of all time, but it's a good game none the less.

Just finished Yakuza 0. Game really has a awesome story once you get going. Not a perfect game by any means, but knowing nothing about it, I found the story and characters really good.

parkthebuslads

Perhaps an odd request, but does anyone have any suggestions for night time driving games?

I'm sure most driving games feature a basic day/night option, but I guess I'm looking for any that do it particularly well and/or just generally embrace the theme.

Ideally not track based games and extreme rain would be a bonus too. Thanks!

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Perhaps an odd request, but does anyone have any suggestions for night time driving games?

I'm sure most driving games feature a basic day/night option, but I guess I'm looking for any that do it particularly well and/or just generally embrace the theme.

Ideally not track based games and extreme rain would be a bonus too. Thanks!
Sleeping Dogs is great. The atmosphere when it's raining during the night is so good to drive around in :drool: