Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

penalty snot

Definitley The Last of Us then, I'd say thats an absolute must for any person new to Playstation or hasn't played it yet. I thought Infamous Second Son was pretty good (definitley better than Watchdogs for me) and probably the most impressive game graphically out there at the moment. It would probably be quite short if you just blast your way through the storyline, I didnt find the side quests too much of a chore so I got a decent 12-13 hours gameplay out of it and Assasins Creed Black Flag is a return to form from the last one if you like those games and theres tons to do in it.
Ah loved TLOU on ps3 but don't know if it's worth buying again for PS4. Part of the fun was the mystery in the story etc

Watchdogs v infamous?
Is the new assassins repetitive like the previous titles?

Any word on diablo? I played 1 and 2 as a youngster on PC.

I've heard mixed things about wolfenstein too...

Lance Uppercut

Ah loved TLOU on ps3 but don't know if it's worth buying again for PS4. Part of the fun was the mystery in the story etc

Watchdogs v infamous?
Is the new assassins repetitive like the previous titles?

Any word on diablo? I played 1 and 2 as a youngster on PC.

I've heard mixed things about wolfenstein too...
Get Watch Dogs. Infamous is short and repetitive.

AC4 is more of the same. Like the series? Then get it.

Wolfenstein is quality.

Diablo was great on PS3. I can only imagine it is even better on PS4. And you get the expansion.

Castia

Just picked up Diablo 3, can't wait to get started later today. £52 though the robbing cnuts!

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Wolfenstein is definitely a fun game. It's not a revelation in gaming but it's old Wolfenstein brought up to date.
Yep nothing new at all, but it works because it's wolfenstein and it's the type of game where nothing is needed if the setting, level design and shooting feels right. I'm enjoying it, which is a rarer and rarer thing these days!

Watchdogs is meh though, nothing new or interesting in a game where it promises so much. I do get why people like it though so it's worth getting, if only for lack of anything else like it on the system so far.

Lance Uppercut

I didn't like them, for what it's worth. Last Light was free on PS Plus.

D J Dog Toffee

Are the Metro games good? Tempted to pick up the redux, it's great value.
I've only played Last Light, but it was lots of fun. Nice to look at and it just oozes atmosphere from every pore. It's a shooter, but with a healthy dose of survival horror mixed in.

I plan on picking up Redux, as I'm quite interested in playing through the original as well.

Shark

@NotShark
I flogged the PS3 when I bought the PS4. Bit of a mistake given the paucity of games for the PS4 so far. Seems to be a decent run coming up though.
There may be a lack of top quality games aside from a select few, but I certainly don't think there's a lack of games available for a console that's so new. The PS3 and 360 didn't have close to as many at this stage from what I remember. I could be wrong though.

Castia

Diablo 3 is great on console, it's so smooth and the pad is probably better suited than keyboard and mouse for this game, it's a brilliant port.

Shark

@NotShark
I've only played Last Light, but it was lots of fun. Nice to look at and it just oozes atmosphere from every pore. It's a shooter, but with a healthy dose of survival horror mixed in.

I plan on picking up Redux, as I'm quite interested in playing through the original as well.
Survival horror? I think I'm in.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Question about the store, lets say I buy a game on there now, but I delete it off the HDD to make space for another. I can re-download it, but can Sony ever take it off the store after x years, so then I can no longer re-download it? :/

Leg-End

The likelyhood of them taking it off the store is very low, they may shutdown online features of certain games but removing it totally? By the time that happens you won't care about that game.

walsh

Metro 2033 came out of nowhere for me originally, and it was fantastic. The atmosphere alone was worth experiencing. I haven't played much of Last Light but I might pick up the Redux on PC.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Anyone struggling to sign in? Tried both PS3 and PS4 and still getting errors.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Scheduled maintenance is tomorrow night, says that PSN is online but me or a mate can't sign in at all.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Appears something is up with the network, wont let me on the store or see friends list. Testing the connection now and it's not signing into PSN.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Rumours have it, it's some group called "Lizard Squad" fecking with things, they took down battle net the other day aswell apparently.

Castia

Oh boy there's a shit storm brewing on NeoGAF, people are getting kicked from single player not-online games because PSN is down.

Leg-End

Errr well thats probably because they aren't using their console as their primary account, thats not really a shit storm its common sense.