Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Where can I find this feature in 2.0 then?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ok, who wants to let me try out Shadow of Mordor later on?

Shareplay = gamechanger?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Is the demo any game feature in yet? That was really interesting.

afrocentricity

You around now? Ive just got it and only done a little bit of campaign, going to restart it now I know a little about it anyway. I can let you have a go first.
Nah but I'll be on from 5-6pm... I'll shout you if I see you...

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I've just pre-ordered Assassin's Creed Unity, Dragon Age Inquisition, PES 2015 & GTA V. Totally price is €206, would have cost me €275 had I ordered from gamestop.ie. Such a scumbag retailer. Thank God for Zavvi & 365 Games. Also pre-ordered a headset (stereo gaming headset starter kit) cost me €38 so in total, that'll be €244, still €31 cheaper than gamestop.

I'm such a nerd. I love it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Feck, just realised I am probably going to have to buy all these games too. I will be reasonable though, will buy one at the time. Still barely played Shadow of Mordor because I have no time.

I haven't bothered to pick up Lords of the Fallen yet. It doesn't appeal to me at all even at this price.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I've just pre-ordered Assassin's Creed Unity, Dragon Age Inquisition, PES 2015 & GTA V. Totally price is €206, would have cost me €275 had I ordered from gamestop.ie. Such a scumbag retailer. Thank God for Zavvi & 365 Games. Also pre-ordered a headset (stereo gaming headset starter kit) cost me €38 so in total, that'll be €244, still €31 cheaper than gamestop.

I'm such a nerd. I love it.
Me too

I have AC, far cry, dragon age, and halo mcc all pre booked and paid for

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I forgot all about Far Cry! Wish my debit card wasn't sitting right beside me .. :nervous:

No, I can't do it, spent enough already. Where did you buy from? Amazon? Please don't say Gamestop. :nono:
I actually did, I had a whole load of stuff I needed to get rid of. A bunch of games as well as a wii and a PS3

I was gonna stick them on eBay or whatever but just got lazy and it paid off all the games

JP77

How's everybody getting on with Share Play? I tried it in the same house on two consoles with both Fifa and UFC playing against my brother and it lagged quite a bit for him when I shared Fifa and then was laggy as hell for me when he shared UFC. Early days issue I'm hoping?

afrocentricity

May just be an issue for you mate, check your network setup... most reports have been positive, little to no lag but resolution drop and pixelation at times dependant on connection.

On that note, anyone wanna shareplay the new COD for me? Trying to work out if I'm going to buy it or not...

Castia

How's everybody getting on with Share Play? I tried it in the same house on two consoles with both Fifa and UFC playing against my brother and it lagged quite a bit for him when I shared Fifa and then was laggy as hell for me when he shared UFC. Early days issue I'm hoping?

Maybe because you're in the same house, I suppose it's quite a strain on your network (especially if one of you is using wi fi)

NinjaFletch

Tried it with Minecraft and it doesn't work.

JackXX

Infamous First Light in January on PS Plus and also Injustice Gods Among Us in December. I'm looking forward to Infamous for sure almost bought it the other day.

afrocentricity

Infamous First Light in January on PS Plus and also Injustice Gods Among Us in December. I'm looking forward to Infamous for sure almost bought it the other day.
How do you know this? I have both anyway :rolleyes:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Saw it on HUKD. That sucks but at least some better games are starting to appear. What's injustice like?
It's good

A very nice free game

For a fighting game it has a good story if you are into superheroes and shit

afrocentricity

Saw it on HUKD. That sucks but at least some better games are starting to appear. What's injustice like?
Yea like Flanders says it's good... from the Mortal Kombat guys. Good news though...

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
It's good

A very nice free game

For a fighting game it has a good story if you are into superheroes and shit
Aye as I mentioned in the PS+ thread its pretty good fun in both single and multiplayer. Great fun with mates around, an especially good laugh when its two who are just frantically button bashing and somehow pulling of loads of brilliant moves.

Shark

@NotShark
So activision blocked SharePlay on the new COD? Surprise surprise... greedy cnuts.
Sony have made a promise that they can't keep, in saying that Shareplay works with every game. Activision are greedy cnuts, but at the end of the day they want to sell their product. Shareplay was never going to sit well with everyone. It's encouraging people to play a full game without spending a penny beyond the PSN subscription.

Kaos

Sony are right though, every game CAN be played with SharePlay, and to be fair they did caveat that it would be up to the Publisher too if I recall correctly. I still don't see it deterring people from buying games since it still relies on someone being online to pass you control.

In addition to simply being greedy cnuts, Activision are probably concerned that people might try their new Call of Duty game on a mates shareplay and realise how shite it is, so they refrain from buying.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
In addition to simply being greedy cnuts, Activision are probably concerned that people might try their new Call of Duty game on a mates shareplay and realise how shite it is, so they refrain from buying.

:lol:

Careful mate, they will all be out bunny hopping and noob tubing the heck out of you for comments like that :D

arthurka

Sony are right though, every game CAN be played with SharePlay, and to be fair they did caveat that it would be up to the Publisher too if I recall correctly. I still don't see it deterring people from buying games since it still relies on someone being online to pass you control.

They should spend more time in making the game instead of putting an end to us sharing shit and having fun.. Terrible company.

JP77

Can somebody explain digital game sharing to be in simple turns because I'm confused as feck reading over some of the stuff I just have. Or better, I'll explain what I want to do and you tell me if it's possible.

I brought Madden yesterday on my console from the Playstation store. Is it possible for somebody to play my copy of Madden on their console at the same time as I play it or when I'm playing a different game?

Explain everything to me.

D J Dog Toffee

Can somebody explain digital game sharing to be in simple turns because I'm confused as feck reading over some of the stuff I just have. Or better, I'll explain what I want to do and you tell me if it's possible.

I brought Madden yesterday on my console from the Playstation store. Is it possible for somebody to play my copy of Madden on their console at the same time as I play it or when I'm playing a different game?

Explain everything to me.
Playing different games at the same time? No...

What Shareplay does is stream the content from your console out onto a network. You can access and play that stream with external devices. The functionality already exists with the Vita and the remote play option, it's just an extension of that.

It works like remote access on windows, I'm having trouble with my PC at work so I call IT. They remotely connect to my machine, a window pops up asking me to confirm that I allow the tech to access my machine. Once I click yes he then controls my mouse cursor, can open folders, change settings etc. When he's fixed the problem, he disconnects and the PC is once again under my control. We wouldn't be able to run two tasks at the same time, as we are both using the same PC.

So you can invite someone to remotely access your PS4, they can then connect via their PS4 and in-place of their system, they would see your screen. Moving a character in-game would move that character on your system. You would become a spectator at this point. What you can do with a couch co-op game is both play the same game together, so you can become player 2 (or 1 I'm not sure how that bit works and who becomes what player?) but if it were a game like Knack (where two sprites can occupy the same screen if you are both in the sat next to each other with two controllers) it would be like your friend is in the room with you, instead of at the other end of an internet connection. Games like Tekken and PES (or Madden) should work well in this scenario.

This is limited to 60 minute bursts (unless you could just set it up and bugger off to work as your mate plays the entirety of games in your collection without ever buying them) but these 60 mins are unlimited in terms of repeats. Therefore you could play like this all day, you would just have to re-invite them every hour. Because the system is streaming the game from your machine and using your media (HDD file Blu-Ray) to run the game your invited party does not need the game themselves in order to play it, as their system is merely becoming a host for all the grunt work (in terms of computing power) done by your machine. The same applies to the Vita remote play. You cannot purchase Destiny for the Vita, but I can play Destiny on the Vita whilst on the train on my Vita as the PS4 is running them game but sending the output (graphics & sounds) to the network whilst receiving inputs from the network. The Remote Play function is also now available on Z2 & Z3 Xperia phones.

I think I have that correct, I'm sure if I've missed something I'll soon be corrected. Also apologies if this came across as patronising, but you did ask for a simple explanation...

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Going to bite the bullet and get another PS4 at the end of the month now I've got plenty of time to use it. Any games that are a must? Will definitely be getting FIFA 15 and GTA V as I never got round to completing that on my 360. Probably getting Far Cry 4 as well.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Going to bite the bullet and get another PS4 at the end of the month now I've got plenty of time to use it. Any games that are a must? Will definitely be getting FIFA 15 and GTA V as I never got round to completing that on my 360. Probably getting Far Cry 4 as well.
Obliguatory "The Last of Us is a must" response.

Kaos

Destiny (polarises a lot of opinions but those of us who bought it months ago are still playing it), DragonAge, The Last of us and NBA 2k15.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Game are doing a PS4 bundled with the new COD and TLOU for £349.99. Might go for that and then sell/swap COD for FIFA.

Edit: PS4 with GTA, Destiny, TLOU and 12 months PS+ subscription for £399.99.

Last edited: