Gaming PlayStation 5

Tarrou

fecksake @Pexbo I'm on about forty milliion tabs trying to get one for my 8 year old nephew here leave some for the rest of us

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
@Pexbo went from homeless to a pimpin' scalper in the space of 3hrs.

Impressive!
:lol:

fecksake @Pexbo I'm on about forty milliion tabs trying to get one for my 8 year old nephew here leave some for the rest of us
Sorry fella, I do feel terrible but was so nervous about my Argos order as my first got cancelled after about 5 minutes.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
How does this stop those scammers who swap out their ps5 box with a random appliance one and tell Amazon that's what came?
Very risky game to play, that.

If you're stupid enough to keep the scammed console, it's linked the moment you go online; if you sell it on via somewhere like eBay, you can easily have it traced back to you. If you're savvy enough to not have any links, then you're already a pretty hardened criminal on the look out for any opportunity, and those, shops aren't going to stop any time soon.

Playing the percentages, I wouldn't think many would fall into the last category, and Amazon have to always consider theft etc. in their calculations as it's a normal element to factor into the business.

Sticking it to the man at the risk of prosecution isn't high up on the list of priorities for the majority of people!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm 20 hours into Persona 5. It's a race against time before Cyberpunk comes out since people said it can take up to 100 hours to finish. Trying to work out how much time I can actually dedicate to it without my girlfriend murdering me.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
No idea.

But seems like if you don’t order one today then you won’t get one this year, so good job @Pexbo.
Cheers, it was pure luck that I got it. I woke up 6.30 as I usually go for a long walk before work and checked stockinformer which was down so I checked each individual online store and Argos had stock. I didn’t end up going for a walk but my Fitbit says I’ve burned as much calories and my heart rate was higher than if I did.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
No idea.

But seems like if you don’t order one today then you won’t get one this year, so good job @Pexbo.
Aren't batches coming in to companies independent of each other? Pretty bad news if today is the last of it - JL haven't even put anything up! :(

Kaos

Gah missed out on the latest stock batches again! BT were even offering preorders for broadband customers but even that seems to be gone now. This is hopeless :(

Bojan11

Aren't batches coming in to companies independent of each other? Pretty bad news if today is the last of it - JL haven't even put anything up! :(
Argos said it’s their last batch for the year, so I suspect that’s for every big retailer whenever they decide to put their next batch up.

Kaos

Argos said it’s their last batch for the year, so I suspect that’s for every big retailer whenever they decide to put their next batch up.

Why would they put it up at 4am when the only people awake to grab them are scalper bots and Pexbo :mad:

Dave_MUFC

Very risky game to play, that.

If you're stupid enough to keep the scammed console, it's linked the moment you go online; if you sell it on via somewhere like eBay, you can easily have it traced back to you. If you're savvy enough to not have any links, then you're already a pretty hardened criminal on the look out for any opportunity, and those, shops aren't going to stop any time soon.

Playing the percentages, I wouldn't think many would fall into the last category, and Amazon have to always consider theft etc. in their calculations as it's a normal element to factor into the business.

Sticking it to the man at the risk of prosecution isn't high up on the list of priorities for the majority of people!
Good to know that they can be tracked, as on HotUKDeals etc. I've read of people attempting to fool Amazon and stating damaged products etc. in order to get some money back or a full refund.

Really scummy behaviour, I agree.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

That's crazy. Argos really need to sort their launch times out, too. Dropping batches when most of the populace is asleep is ripe/rife for scalpers, early-risers and nighthawks only.

Can you recall what time JL went live last time?

Dave_MUFC

Why would they put it up at 4am when the only people awake to grab them are scalper bots and Pexbo :mad:
I think it does work in spreading out the queue of people a bit, as it's the time that the least people are probably going to be awake. If they announce them to be sold at midday, the amount of people hitting refresh is probably 10x more.

Kaos

I think it does work in spreading out the queue of people a bit, as it's the time that the least people are probably going to be awake. If they announce them to be sold at midday, the amount of people hitting refresh is probably 10x more.
I get that, just frustrating that it plays completely into the scalpers' hands. Not that I expect these retailers to care.

Bojan11

That's crazy. Argos really need to sort their launch times out, too. Dropping batches when most of the populace is asleep is ripe/rife for scalpers, early-risers and nighthawks only.

Think it was 9am for first preorders and then 12pm on launch day.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Because Argos and other retailers dgaf who they goto aslong as they sell them. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we end up finding out at least one of the big retailers is scalping some of their own stock by either not releasing it and just going straight to eBay, or selling it to an insider. I can definitely see managers are some stores doing it themselves at the very least.

Kaos

Still holding out on other retailers stocking in the afternoon today. If not, then I'll just throw in the towel until the new year.

Oh well, at least Cyberpunk is a week away.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

I think Argos had it spot on today to be fair.

Amazon too while we are at it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Good to know that they can be tracked, as on HotUKDeals etc. I've read of people attempting to fool Amazon and stating damaged products etc. in order to get some money back or a full refund.

Really scummy behaviour, I agree.
It's all fun and games until Amazon decide to pull the plug. I guess some are prepared to risk it thinking they'll be indifferent, but the potential backfire is too much for most people.

Bojan11

It's all fun and games until Amazon decide to pull the plug. I guess some are prepared to risk it thinking they'll be indifferent, but the potential backfire is too much for most people.
I am sure they not refunding people without checks.

I suspect the ones who got refunded fast are people who had dodgy drivers that did it to more than one person. More than one person moans about a driver and then it makes the investigation a lot easier.

When I got my monitor last week, they asked for a passcode and obviously no delivery driver is going to dare steal that because they don’t package monitors. You see the outer box. They should for packages like this have the driver open the Amazon box and show it to you. Then you give the passcode and they take a picture of the PS5 box. How hard can that be? 30 secs more to a delivery, but everyone is happy. Dave is right that there are a few people who will try to get a refund despite getting their console and that could mean some innocent driver is sacked. It’s all well sticking it to Bezos, but at the end of the day he’d claim it off insurance and some poor guy will lose his job.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

I suspect the ones who got refunded fast are people who had dodgy drivers that did it to more than one person. More than one person moans about a driver and then it makes the investigation a lot easier.

When I got my monitor last week, they asked for a passcode and obviously no delivery driver is going to dare steal that because they don’t package monitors. You see the outer box. They should for packages like this have the driver open the Amazon box and show it to you. Then you give the passcode and they take a picture of the PS5 box. How hard can that be? 30 secs more to a delivery, but everyone is happy. Dave is right that there are a few people who will try to get a refund despite getting their console and that could mean some innocent driver is sacked. It’s all well sticking it to Bezos, but at the end of the day he’d claim it off insurance and some poor guy will lose his job.
I read about that passcode stuff in here, I think it was. There's no doubt some will take advantage and some innocents will fall foul of it, but, in the grandscheme it won't be 'many', as bad as that is to type.

You're right about the protocol, mind, but I bet you'll get some who'd complain about their item being exposed like that etc.

Dave_MUFC

Yep, in the past few years having been scammed selling an Xbox One, and currently in an eBay dispute over someone making false claims over a laptop I sold, you'd be surprised how low some people stoop to save a few pound..

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Ugh, only found out this morning my little brother in law with cystic fibrosis is supposed to have one of these for Xmas, but his mum didn't realise they've been so hard to get.

Been trying as soon as I found out but the absolute scum scalpers have hit hard again.

Bojan11

Ugh, only found out this morning my little brother in law with cystic fibrosis is supposed to have one of these for Xmas, but his mum didn't realise they've been so hard to get.

Been trying as soon as I found out but the absolute scum scalpers have hit hard again.
Try your local Argos if you got time. Some people have got lucky and they managed to get one.

This is up there with the worst launches I seen and I don’t even blame the manufacturers. They produced more than enough for a console launch especially during a pandemic and it’s not like Nvidia situation releasing 2 cards. Sadly selfish people with bots have taken a lot of them and retailers need to get a grip to find a solution for this, but they don’t care as long as they get the sale.

GAME have bundles apparently, but it’s a one hour queue.

LARulz

Am I right in thinking Game only do the digital version of the console?

Also how the hell do people know when it is exactly releasing? I have alerts set up but get nothing

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Am I right in thinking Game only do the digital version of the console?

Also how the hell do people know when it is exactly releasing? I have alerts set up but get nothing
I came across this twitch channel yesterday. No idea if it actually works or is just a constant stream of the same things saying Out of Stock but the chat seems to be helpful.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The Preying Picantis was the one for me. Not sure why, there's others that use the same tactic, but he just kept exploding
With the Noodler, there were three of them. One somehow ended up disappearing, and - this is no word of a lie - the other two ended up bouncing on top of each other non-stop so I couldn't lure them to land. I'd swear they were mating/attempting to mate or something.

I know what exactly to do but it is infuriating trying to get it to one of the ice dudes without them freezing me.

Edit: Finally got it.

Last edited:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Try your local Argos if you got time. Some people have got lucky and they managed to get one.

This is up there with the worst launches I seen and I don’t even blame the manufacturers. They produced more than enough for a console launch especially during a pandemic and it’s not like Nvidia situation releasing 2 cards. Sadly selfish people with bots have taken a lot of them and retailers need to get a grip to find a solution for this, but they don’t care as long as they get the sale.

GAME have bundles apparently, but it’s a one hour queue.
I GOT ONE!!! Thank feck for that!

Stick with the game queue guys, they still have bundles.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Try stockinformer if you haven't already. If you leave the tab open it will alert you with an alarm as soon as they are in stock anywhere.