Gaming PlayStation 5

Bojan11

Wouldn’t get too excited with the Shopto orders. It depends on what time you ordered it as they seem to be still taking them and it says back ordered, so might be another Scan situation.

mancan92

Just got mine today and its funny people trying to downplay the size. It looks ridiculously big in real life as in I don't know where its going to fit. Looks pretty ugly really.

Red_Aaron

I think I may have snagged one of the EE ones this morning. They took my up front payment and I've had the order confirmation however after the amazon debacle I'm not counting my chickens till I've plucked the fcker

Still, I'm more optimistic now than I was yesterday at least

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What’s the deal with transferring PS4 to PS5? I connected them via directly Ethernet but it’s going at about 2mb/s peak. Surely with gigabit Ethernet it should be 50x that.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
What’s the deal with transferring PS4 to PS5? I connected them via directly Ethernet but it’s going at about 2mb/s peak. Surely with gigabit Ethernet it should be 50x that.
I did mine over potato WiFi and was all good!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Appears you don't know how to use a ps5, might aswell send it to me.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
fecking scalpers.

I may have some cocaine I can trade though. I feel like an NPC.
Go and collect 5 bags of cocaine, 32 pingers, a gram of ketamine, 100 balloons and 20g of shrooms, take them to the lady with the beard in west city and I’ll send the spare PS5 on the next Griffin.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Go and collect 5 bags of cocaine, 32 pingers, a gram of ketamine, 100 balloons and 20g of shrooms, take them to the lady with the beard in west city and I’ll send the spare PS5 on the next Griffin.
:lol:
Ah, a low level easy quest in the region of Hartlepool! Just might take a while to find the lady, multiple bearded women.

Sanchez7

Finished God of war today. Really enjoyed the story even though I am not a big fan of hack and slash games. PS collection is great for those who have switched from Xbox. So many great games. Apart from FIFA which just got the next gen update, I have only played UC4 and GoW on my console.

Now to decide if I should start Persona 5 or wait for Cyberpunk.

Kaos

Wouldn’t get too excited with the Shopto orders. It depends on what time you ordered it as they seem to be still taking them and it says back ordered, so might be another Scan situation.
I did think this, but I got a confirmation email telling me to expect it by December 18th, and they've since tweeted that they've sold out. So I'm hoping they can process all those backorders before Christmas.

Edit: Tweet from them to hopefully confirm:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Finished God of war today. Really enjoyed the story even though I am not a big fan of hack and slash games. PS collection is great for those who have switched from Xbox. So many great games. Apart from FIFA which just got the next gen update, I have only played UC4 and GoW on my console.

Now to decide if I should start Persona 5 or wait for Cyberpunk.
I am doing god of war too, why not try days gone? I’ve heard that’s quite decent.

fergosaurus

Any word on the dualsense charging stations being stocked again soon? Sick of charging my controllers like a peasant.

pascell

Had one at payment stage from Smyths for the December pre order, then it came up with an error. Then I refreshed and it said January pre order then error again, all sold out. Nice.

Tarrou

Anyone in Sydney looking for one they have them in JBhifi in Leichhardt. They guy told me if people call they say they are out of stock, but walk in customers can get one

Sanchez7

Do you like turn based RPG's? Is that Persona 5 Royal? I played the original which was really good. Well deserving of it's hype.
I have never played one! Yes, it is Persona 5 Royal - it got great reviews.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
So what does everything are the must play games on the ps collection? I’ve played the obvious ones like GOW but still a few I’ve never touched.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is everyone else's PS5 like mine? Basically silent for 90% of the time but every hour or so it does a loud whir for about 10 seconds and then silent again.

Tiber

I have hardly touched Spiderman, wanted to leave it for right before Cyberpunk.

Played Astro first, then Bugsnax. Got both to 100% completion. Then I bought Crash 4 and Dragon Ball Z Kakarot in the sale, have been messing around with those for about a week.

Started Spiderman last night. It's just more of the same great content, which is exactly what I wanted. Would like to see more old school expansions like this for already great games

Last edited:

rotherham_red

Is everyone else's PS5 like mine? Basically silent for 90% of the time but every hour or so it does a loud whir for about 10 seconds and then silent again.
Same with mine. It's a minor quibble so won't be losing sleep over it

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
One of mine is.

Smores

Yeah I'm not complaining as compared to the PS4 it's a dream. Just wondered if this was normal.
Yeah it's just a disc check. As long as you've got a disc in it'll periodically do it.

Can't recall whether the PS4 ever did that or whether the PS4 was so loud that it wasn't even noticeable.

b82REZ

Same. Think it's when it reads the disc. I booted up my PS4 last night and forgot just how loud that fecker is. I'll live with a slight whirring noise for now.

b82REZ

I have hardly touched Spiderman, wanted to leave it for right before Cyberpunk.

Played Astro first, then sackboy. Got both to 100% completion. Then I bought Crash 4 and Dragon Ball Z Kakarot in the sale, have been messing around with those for about a week.

Started Spiderman last night. It's just more of the same great content, which is exactly what I wanted. Would like to see more old school expansions like this for already great games
You 100%ed Sackboy?

The last world after beating Vex is bloody hard. I only play in coop though so that probably doesn't help.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How many of you have your PS5 horizontal as opposed to standing (d'uh!)?
I had it standing to begin with but we've moved the christmas tree in the same corner and I started getting terrified that bits would fall off into the vents and melt onto the PS5 so I've put it under the TV cabinet now. Still has lots of breathing space and has made the whirr in both positions.