Gaming PlayStation 5

caid

Is everyone else's PS5 like mine? Basically silent for 90% of the time but every hour or so it does a loud whir for about 10 seconds and then silent again.
Mine doesn't wake a loud whir. Its a digital edition so maybe the disc check makes sense?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Have you done Days Gone it starts off meh, but i really enjoyed it as i advanced it plays beautifully now at 4k/60

infamous is also really good i loved the powers in that game, visually the neon power in that game is a delight.
Yeh Days Gone is decent enough and I am keen to try it with the improved update. I really found the characters and storey horrendous but the gameplay is fun.

Done Infamous right at the start of last-gen so tempted to play again on the 5 but I still think it's a weaker game than the predecessors.

TrustInJanuzaj

Have you played a JRPG before? Persona 5 is top tier, it's well deserving of the praise it gets. I would say it's best to go in without knowing anything. Best experience that way. Yeah see what you think.
Honestly no and that's what I'm a little unsure of. Maybe I just need to give it a try.

TrustInJanuzaj

It’s by Quantic Dream, the same people who did Heavy Rain. It’s story based with quick-time events for action sequences and your decisions change the outcome of the story.

I’ve enjoyed most games by them. Got fond memories of playing Fahrenheit on the PS2.
Hmm okay never played Heavy Rain but I suspect that might not be one for me. I find if a game is too story-based with not enough gameplay I end up losing interest and I feel like I should be watching tv!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It’s really good! Quite a few games I’d never have played are now on the list! Also means I am likely to get the next God of War.
That good?

I can see them potentially adding Horizon Zero Dawn to the collection at some point next year as well before Forbidden West comes out, though with it being on PS Now they might just leave it there to try and tempt more people to subscribe for that

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
That good?

I can see them potentially adding Horizon Zero Dawn to the collection at some point next year as well before Forbidden West comes out, though with it being on PS Now they might just leave it there to try and tempt more people to subscribe for that
Yeah I’m enjoying it a lot tbf! Although I had to watch a catch up video to understand what was going on regarding the story, Christ I didn’t realise how many of them there were :lol:

Agreed, or they will just whack it on ps plus?

Bojan11

Not sure if anyone here has a loud PS5 but if you do this could be why:

https://screenrant.com/ps5-fan-loud-quiet-two-models-sony/

Not sure if you can contact Sony to get it changed or anything. Seems weird that there are two models out there so that not all consoles are created equally.
Don’t think Sony will replace any of them if I’m being honest. You can try, but I don’t see them budging on it.

On the parts issue, that’s not uncommon for tech. You can’t source parts from one place, so you go to another manufacturer as well. Just look at phones, some OLED screens are made from Samsung and some are from LG. It’s probably the same with RAM and other stuff in the console.

Damien

Staff
Yeah I’m enjoying it a lot tbf! Although I had to watch a catch up video to understand what was going on regarding the story, Christ I didn’t realise how many of them there were :lol:

Agreed, or they will just whack it on ps plus?
Damn. Yeah, that'll be my problem when playing it.

PS+ is a possibility. Been a while since the last first party game on there.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Though you are a big anime fan so it is a game that appeals to your interests.
Wouldn’t say I’m a big fan but there are some great ones I’ve watched recently yeah. I’m basically picking from what people say are the best though.

Damien

Staff
Wouldn’t say I’m a big fan but there are some great ones I’ve watched recently yeah. I’m basically picking from what people say are the best though.
Ah okay. Was just remembering you recommending Death Note and think you've watched a few others. I think the Persona games have anime too, though not sure what they're like to watch

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
There is a website which encourages bids and offers for things called stockx.com

One of the many of them has got 22 of them for sale at £800. That's the reason why people are struggling so badly as previously mentioned.

Greedy cnuts spoiling people's Christmasses. There is also one listed for 10m.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
There is a website which encourages bids and offers for things called stockx.com

One of the many of them has got 22 of them for sale at £800. That's the reason why people are struggling so badly as previously mentioned.

Ebay is ridiculous too. There’s even a few trying to sell photos for ridiculous sums probably hoping to catch people out too. The lowest of low lives.

United Hobbit

It’s by Quantic Dream, the same people who did Heavy Rain. It’s story based with quick-time events for action sequences and your decisions change the outcome of the story.

I’ve enjoyed most games by them. Got fond memories of playing Fahrenheit on the PS2.
What’s Detroit Become Human like? Is it like a telltale story based game?

I'm not a massive gamer, Its mostly my boyfriend, however we got Until Dawn, then Heavy Rain & Detroit become Human as we could play them together by making the decisions together, some had multiple characters you could choose for so we had a character each.

I really enjoyed them, id say Until Dawn and Heavy Rain were my favourites. Until Dawn was good as you actually felt the threat. I lack the quick reaction for shooters, though have dabbled in Call of Duty blackout whe boyfriend has been playing it, these games don't rely on gaming ability so are accessible to the less able, but the stories are actually really engaging and you want to see what happens next, I actually ended up caring about the characters as well.

This thread has reminded me we were going to get the other game by the Until Dawn people, we've been playing fall guys but it's started making me cross :lol:

There was another we played where there were 2 prisoners, it was a co op game, not sure if you can do it alone as an option also, and we had to work together to get them to escape the prison, that was good as well as again didn't rely on pure ability.

Are there any other similar games to these sorts of game, either the prison one or the ones like Until Dawn?

I liked Ratchet and Clank too, it reminded me of playing Spyro when I was younger

Balljy

I'm not a massive gamer, Its mostly my boyfriend, however we got Until Dawn, then Heavy Rain & Detroit become Human as we could play them together by making the decisions together, some had multiple characters you could choose for so we had a character each.

I really enjoyed them, id say Until Dawn and Heavy Rain were my favourites. Until Dawn was good as you actually felt the threat. I lack the quick reaction for shooters, though have dabbled in Call of Duty blackout whe boyfriend has been playing it, these games don't rely on gaming ability so are accessible to the less able, but the stories are actually really engaging and you want to see what happens next, I actually ended up caring about the characters as well.

This thread has reminded me we were going to get the other game by the Until Dawn people, we've been playing fall guys but it's started making me cross :lol:

There was another we played where there were 2 prisoners, it was a co op game, not sure if you can do it alone as an option also, and we had to work together to get them to escape the prison, that was good as well as again didn't rely on pure ability.

Are there any other similar games to these sorts of game, either the prison one or the ones like Until Dawn?

I liked Ratchet and Clank too, it reminded me of playing Spyro when I was younger
Dreamfall Chapters has the idea of choices changing the way things play out and being an interactive story. There's also the Life is Strange games (and others by the same developers) which have the same sort of idea. They are more adventure games where you have to solve a few puzzles along the way so although they are story led don't expect exactly the same sort of game.

Life is Strange is considered the better of the two. I loved the likes of Detroit and probably preferred Life is Strange and thought Dreamfall was very good.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

There's a spyro remaster you know?

United Hobbit

Dreamfall Chapters has the idea of choices changing the way things play out and being an interactive story. There's also the Life is Strange games (and others by the same developers) which have the same sort of idea. They are more adventure games where you have to solve a few puzzles along the way so although they are story led don't expect exactly the same sort of game.

Life is Strange is considered the better of the two. I loved the likes of Detroit and probably preferred Life is Strange and thought Dreamfall was very good.
Ooh thank you ill look into those, we did try Erica but just couldn't get into it at all, so will have a look into these as I like puzzle games too eg Professor Layton

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

In my defence...

Tiber

Thanks, I completed it (with help i still suck at the flying levels :lol:)
I thought it had been really well done, the graphics were great
I have finished everything in those games except the flying levels. It annoys me so much.

Absolutely love Spyro

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Thanks, I completed it (with help i still suck at the flying levels :lol:)
I thought it had been really well done, the graphics were great
I enjoyed it for about an hour or so but seemed to be absolutely smashing it, just felt too easy these days so never finished it. It was quite well done though, ideal for kids and people who aren't more hardcore gamers.

Same as the crash remastered games and the new one.

My Mrs likes gauntlet, feck knows why, we completed it and she still plays it, but she won't move over to diablo 3 now :( says that is still too complicated for her :lol:

United Hobbit

I have finished everything in those games except the flying levels. It annoys me so much.

Absolutely love Spyro
I enjoyed it for about an hour or so but seemed to be absolutely smashing it, just felt too easy these days so never finished it. It was quite well done though, ideal for kids and people who aren't more hardcore gamers.

My Mrs likes gauntlet, feck knows why, we completed it and she still plays it, but she won't move over to diablo 3 now :( says that is still too complicated for her :lol:
Glad i wasn't the only one who struggled flying with him :lol:

I never really played Crash I can remember there was a demo included in one of the old Spyro ps1 games and I didn't mind that so may be worth a try.

I've just googled Gauntlett im surprised she likes those ones.

I agree with her re not enjoying games too complicated for her, I brought Horizon Zero Dawn for boyfriend, I was allowed to play the tutorial bit at the start where you learn the controls etc ended up getting into it and having my own save slot, this was until I got to a part with multiple ones of those flying things and ended up giving up as I couldn't do it and it made me cross :lol:

It was an absolutely beautiful game and even after I gave up with my attempt I enjoyed watching him play as it was so detailed and the graphics were stunning, im looking forward to seeing it on PS5 (if we can ever got hold of something to actually play it on!!)

God of War was really pleasing to watch as well, I tried to do a couple of sections but it was far too advanced for me!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Glad i wasn't the only one who struggled flying with him :lol:

I never really played Crash I can remember there was a demo included in one of the old Spyro ps1 games and I didn't mind that so may be worth a try.

I've just googled Gauntlett im surprised she likes those ones.

I agree with her re not enjoying games too complicated for her, I brought Horizon Zero Dawn for boyfriend, I was allowed to play the tutorial bit at the start where you learn the controls etc ended up getting into it and having my own save slot, this was until I got to a part with multiple ones of those flying things and ended up giving up as I couldn't do it and it made me cross :lol:

It was an absolutely beautiful game and even after I gave up with my attempt I enjoyed watching him play as it was so detailed and the graphics were stunning, im looking forward to seeing it on PS5 (if we can ever got hold of something to actually play it on!!)

God of War was really pleasing to watch as well, I tried to do a couple of sections but it was far too advanced for me!
I think with gauntlet it was because we played couch coop and I could help her out if she was struggling or she could use the extra lives because I wouldn't need them. Was pretty simple gameplay wise aswell tbh. I didn't think she would like it either, but it worked out well.

HZD has a weird learning curve imo, it seems impossible in parts until you realise the perfect weapon / tactic / strategy for each enemy. I really need to finish it at some point.

If you do try crash, I'd recommend the newest one, it has an awesome feature where you don't have "lives" so never have to restart a level from the very beginning, just the most recent checkpoint. Makes it ideal for casual gamers.

Think my Mrs ended up watching my playthrough of TLOU, she'd pretend she was reading a book but within 5 mins the book would be back on the bedside cabinet.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Watched Detroit and Life is Strange play throughs half in the background while enjoying lockdown. I regretted not playing them, especially Detroit which I think was free at some point on PSN.

Tiber

If you think Crash 1 is for Kids then you must have pretty talented offspring. It is absolutely brutal. Crash 4 isn't a walk in the park even with unlimited lives

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
If you think Crash 1 is for Kids then you must have pretty talented offspring. It is absolutely brutal. Crash 4 isn't a walk in the park even with unlimited lives
I guess what I meant by them being ideal for non hardcore or casual gamers is that the learning curve isn't steep, there's only like 3 buttons that do anything, unlike some games where you have combinations of buttons to do different things :lol:

Spyro was definitely too easy though.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Man, God of War for PS4 really is a stunning game visually.
It really is, also a truly fantastic game. That and BOTW for me are the best 2 of the whole generation