Gaming PlayStation 5

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah it's just a disc check. As long as you've got a disc in it'll periodically do it.

Can't recall whether the PS4 ever did that or whether the PS4 was so loud that it wasn't even noticeable.
Ah. I can probably take MM out at this point.

rotherham_red

How many of you have your PS5 horizontal as opposed to standing (d'uh!)?
I have it horizontal for now, as I'm stuck at my parents house and don't have the room/it's too risky with two cats about the house, but once I'm back at my usual base in London I'll be standing it vertically.

Smores

Ah. I can probably take MM out at this point.
I've seen some people have fixed the volume by putting pressure on that area or putting rubber mats underneath the PS5. Can't say it bothers me enough to try :lol:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I have never played one! Yes, it is Persona 5 Royal - it got great reviews.
Okay no worries, just be prepared to take your time at the beginning, to understand how it works. Excellent, Persona 5 Royal is even better. It really is a wonderful game. I have fond memories of it. The soundtrack especially is immense.

Kaos

Been trying to grab a charging station but they seem rarer to get hold of than the console itself. Any ideas when they'll be in stock? I've noticed the scalpers already trying to fleece us for £100 for a feckin controller charger :lol:

Bosws87

Been trying to grab a charging station but they seem rarer to get hold of than the console itself. Any ideas when they'll be in stock? I've noticed the scalpers already trying to fleece us for £100 for a feckin controller charger :lol:
Same boat for the Pulse 3D :)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Okay no worries, just be prepared to take your time at the beginning, to understand how it works. Excellent, Persona 5 Royal is even better. It really is a wonderful game. I have fond memories of it. The soundtrack especially is immense.
Is there a way to get Royal? I think I just have the vanilla game from the PS Plus collection. Can only see royal for the price of a full game.

Drawfull

I expect they'll be around sooner than this but on one site here you can pre-order now for delivery at the beginning of March...

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
So what does everything are the must play games on the ps collection? I’ve played the obvious ones like GOW but still a few I’ve never touched.
Have you played any of these yet?
  • Bloodborne (one of the best games of all time, it is bloody hard though!)
  • The Last Of Us Remastered (excellent adventure/survival game, graphics aged a bit, but it's still a masterpiece)
  • Persona 5 (One of the best RPG's/PS4 games, it's a blast from start to finish)
  • Uncharted 4 (the Uncharted series is excellent. If you're a fan of stuff like Tomb Raider, you'll like this. If you can get hold of the Uncharted trilogy beforehand I do recommend to play them before though for the character progression)
  • Until Dawn (thoroughly decent choice survival game, it's a bit teen drama'y but your choices actually matter. One of best in genre)
  • Batman Arkham Knight (havent played it, but it's a very solid Batman game)
  • Ratchet & Clank/Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy (if you like platformers these are excellent of course)

Kaos

I expect they'll be around sooner than this but on one site here you can pre-order now for delivery at the beginning of March...
Just seen its available on German Amazon with a December 10th estimate for delivery. Tempting, but the price comes to around £36 when you factor in currency conversion and shipping charges. Not sure its worth it considering its about £25 RRP in the UK.

Kaos

Just received an email from ShopTo saying my PS5 back order has reached their warehouse and ready to be shipped soon :D

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol:

On a serious note I am planning to sell the second one for a large profit if you’re interested in funding my cocaine habit.
fecking scalpers.

I may have some cocaine I can trade though. I feel like an NPC.
Go and collect 5 bags of cocaine, 32 pingers, a gram of ketamine, 100 balloons and 20g of shrooms, take them to the lady with the beard in west city and I’ll send the spare PS5 on the next Griffin.
:lol:
Ah, a low level easy quest in the region of Hartlepool! Just might take a while to find the lady, multiple bearded women.
Fecking hell the levels :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scum the two of ya!

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is everyone else's PS5 like mine? Basically silent for 90% of the time but every hour or so it does a loud whir for about 10 seconds and then silent again.
Yes. It's trolling us...

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Is there a way to get Royal? I think I just have the vanilla game from the PS Plus collection. Can only see royal for the price of a full game.
I'm not sure. I'll have a look for you...

Edit: I don't think there is, they only added the vanilla game to PS Collection I believe. Yeah only way to get it is if you buy the new game. Royal is an expansion on top, like DLC. There is some changes to the base game, mostly optimisations to make it easier, with new characters and another arc added. It depends if you're interested in all that. It's £27.50 now on PS Store. Persona 5 is already an universally lauded game, so not playing Royal won't break your experience at all in my opinion. That's the one I played, and it was excellent.

Sanchez7

I'm not sure. I'll have a look for you...

Edit: I don't think there is, they only added the vanilla game to PS Collection I believe. Yeah only way to get it is if you buy the new game. Royal is an expansion on top, like DLC. There is some changes to the base game, mostly optimisations to make it easier, with new characters and another arc added. It depends if you're interested in all that. It's £27.50 now on PS Store. Persona 5 is already an universally lauded game, so not playing Royal won't break your experience at all in my opinion. That's the one I played, and it was excellent.
that's my bad guys. I didnt realise royale was different.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
that's my bad guys. I didnt realise royale was different.
Yeah Royal is basically Atlus attempting to improve an already god tier Persona 5, to rake in even more millions. They do it with all of their big games. Persona 5 is already a critically acclaimed game, so not playing Royal is no big deal at all. You will still get an excellent experience either way.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Have you played any of these yet?
  • Bloodborne (one of the best games of all time, it is bloody hard though!)
  • The Last Of Us Remastered (excellent adventure/survival game, graphics aged a bit, but it's still a masterpiece)
  • Persona 5 (One of the best RPG's/PS4 games, it's a blast from start to finish)
  • Uncharted 4 (the Uncharted series is excellent. If you're a fan of stuff like Tomb Raider, you'll like this. If you can get hold of the Uncharted trilogy beforehand I do recommend to play them before though for the character progression)
  • Until Dawn (thoroughly decent choice survival game, it's a bit teen drama'y but your choices actually matter. One of best in genre)
  • Batman Arkham Knight (havent played it, but it's a very solid Batman game)
  • Ratchet & Clank/Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy (if you like platformers these are excellent of course)
Thanks for that! I’ve played 10 hours of Bloodborne and I can tell it’s great but I’m going to naively hold onto the hope it gets either a ps5 patch or a full remaster to play it properly.

Ratchet and Clank and Crash I will probably give a go at some point.

Uncharted and LOU are not for me unfortunately as I can tell they are good games.

Probably the one I’m most interested in is Persona as I know nothing about it aside from the fact it seems highly rated. I will have to try it and see if it’s for me.

TrustInJanuzaj

What’s Detroit Become Human like? Is it like a telltale story based game?

Bosws87

Thanks for that! I’ve played 10 hours of Bloodborne and I can tell it’s great but I’m going to naively hold onto the hope it gets either a ps5 patch or a full remaster to play it properly.

Uncharted and LOU are not for me unfortunately as I can tell they are good games.

Probably the one I’m most interested in is Persona as I know nothing about it aside from the fact it seems highly rated. I will have to try it and see if it’s for me.
The last of us deserves to be played put your preconceptions aside.

TrustInJanuzaj

The last of us deserves to be played put your preconceptions aside.
I’ve tried I really have. Maybe put 5-6 hours into it and I just can’t.
One - I’m not great with those tense (in a light sense) horror games, I can’t deal with constantly being on edge.
Two - I’m just not a massive fan of the gameplay, in terms of the shooting and stealth mechanics again I know it’s a shame as the story seems great. Just don’t think it’s for me.

Bosws87

I’ve tried I really have. Maybe put 5-6 hours into it and I just can’t.
One - I’m not great with those tense (in a light sense) horror games, I can’t deal with constantly being on edge.
Two - I’m just not a massive fan of the gameplay, in terms of the shooting and stealth mechanics again I know it’s a shame as the story seems great. Just don’t think it’s for me.
Have you done Days Gone it starts off meh, but i really enjoyed it as i advanced it plays beautifully now at 4k/60

infamous is also really good i loved the powers in that game, visually the neon power in that game is a delight.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

No worries.

Ahh, a remaster with Bloodborne at 60fps is the dream.

Yeah that's fair enough.

Have you played a JRPG before? Persona 5 is top tier, it's well deserving of the praise it gets. I would say it's best to go in without knowing anything. Best experience that way. Yeah see what you think.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What’s Detroit Become Human like? Is it like a telltale story based game?
It’s by Quantic Dream, the same people who did Heavy Rain. It’s story based with quick-time events for action sequences and your decisions change the outcome of the story.

I’ve enjoyed most games by them. Got fond memories of playing Fahrenheit on the PS2.

Drawfull

Just seen its available on German Amazon with a December 10th estimate for delivery. Tempting, but the price comes to around £36 when you factor in currency conversion and shipping charges. Not sure its worth it considering its about £25 RRP in the UK.
Thanks for the tip, despite the hike, I've ordered one. There's none anywhere in Spain.

Kaos

It’s by Quantic Dream, the same people who did Heavy Rain. It’s story based with quick-time events for action sequences and your decisions change the outcome of the story.

I’ve enjoyed most games by them. Got fond memories of playing Fahrenheit on the PS2.
I remember enjoying Fahrenheit until the game took a ridiculous turn and you end up becoming Neo from the matrix. Pretty much laughed and put it down forever after that. I managed to finish Heavy Rain but found the voice acting laughably bad.

Tempted to try Detroit: BH because I love the idea of the setting, but not sure I could be bothered running around spamming X to find my son/dog/neighbour.

Tiber

You 100%ed Sackboy?

The last world after beating Vex is bloody hard. I only play in coop though so that probably doesn't help.
Nah, I meant to say Bugsnax, but very interested in Sackboy for coop

Tiber

Bugsnax - Plat #12 (6th one this year, 3rd since the PS5 launch)

I'll probably try playing through God of War next.
congrats! I absolutely loved Bugsnax, I collected all 100 snacks without even thinking of the plat, figuring out how to get them all was really fun

Bosws87

I remember enjoying Fahrenheit until the game took a ridiculous turn and you end up becoming Neo from the matrix. Pretty much laughed and put it down forever after that. I managed to finish Heavy Rain but found the voice acting laughably bad.

Tempted to try Detroit: BH because I love the idea of the setting, but not sure I could be bothered running around spamming X to find my son/dog/neighbour.
Until Dawn is the same concept but just a better game imo., same style if you havent played either.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
congrats! I absolutely loved Bugsnax, I collected all 100 snacks without even thinking of the plat, figuring out how to get them all was really fun
Yeah, I liked how there were a variety of methods you could use - especially with the ice ones or the ones on fire. One particular favourite method was using the launch pad to move a Soda from the water to the cave on Boiling Bay where there was a bunch of bugsnax on fire. The soda then spat water out and stunned them all making for easy catches