Gaming PlayStation 5

fergosaurus

Heard someone say in a YouTube vid that there's unconfirmed reports that you might be able to delete portions of games, e.g., delete campaign mode and keep multiplayer modes etc. Would be cool if that was the case and would free up a lot of storage space.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Heard someone say in a YouTube vid that there's unconfirmed reports that you might be able to delete portions of games, e.g., delete campaign mode and keep multiplayer modes etc. Would be cool if that was the case and would free up a lot of storage space.
Would make things difficult if developers are using the storage correctly in the first place, ie, not having duplicate assets on the disk due to the read speed of an SSD.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Any news on an upgrade on controller yet with extra triggers like the xbox get regularly.

Tired of the standard dualshock.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Any news on an upgrade on controller yet with extra triggers like the xbox get regularly.

Tired of the standard dualshock.
DualShock 4 was great i though, huge improvement on the outdated DS3 (still have that for PS3, amazed they kept such a crap controller for so long).

PS5 is using dual sense which is a new design/features.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
They said this before PS4 launched and the only game I know to have it is the new COD Modern Warfare. Hopefully it's standard practise.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
So are PS5 games on average going to be 10 pounds more expensive than PS4 games were? What the reasoning for that? Graphics are upgraded in every generation.
The late-'90s transition to disc-based games relieved a lot of the cost pressure on physical game production, which translated to generally lower prices for consumers. But that pricing transition didn't happen immediately. Early Saturn and PlayStation games in 1996 would regularly sell for $59.99 or more, translating to about $100 in 2020 dollars.

Disc prices settled down to a more reasonable $49.99 soon after that, setting a functional nominal price ceiling that would remain until the mid '00s. It wasn't until the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 hit the scene that top asking prices started increasing to $59.99. And that's the de facto ceiling that has remained in place to this day, even as digital downloads and the explosion of indie games has meant many titles now launch at well below this price

Adjusting for inflation, we can see the actual (2020 dollar) value of top-end disc-based games plateaued right around $70 for almost a decade through in the '00s and early '10s. Inflation has slowly eroded that value in the last decade, though, to the point where a $10 increase like the one for NBA2K21 merely gets games to the same actual price point as they enjoyed earlier in the century.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/07/the-return-of-the-70-video-game-has-been-a-long-time-coming/

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Had a text from argos confirming they will deliver it on the official release date.

My order is now showing as in progress in my account upgraded from 'processing'

Starting to think I might just have secured one.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Called John Lewis and they said it's because the details I put on the order didn't match what's on my bank exactly. It had Bristol on there twice, heaven forbid...

Bojan11

A source at one major UK retailer said their company's stock allocation had been around 25 per cent Digital Edition versus 75 per cent regular PS5, though this might vary slightly from store to store.

Other sources claimed the ratio was even higher, with ratios around 20 per cent Digital Edition to 80 per cent regular PS5 suggested.

Over the weekend, Ars Technica polled GameStop stores in the US and found a similar situation over the pond. Stock allocation for nine GameStop outlets across the country ranged from as low as 13 per cent Digital Edition up to 33 per cent, with an overall average of 25 per cent Digital Edition stock altogether.

PlayStation has never cautioned customers that the Digital Edition might be harder to get hold of. It is simply presented as one of two equal PlayStation 5 options - and cheaper because it does not contain a disc drive.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...stock-far-lower-than-standard-ps5-sources-say

Digital version was going fast and did not even see it on Amazon. Think it was on there for like 2 minutes

shabz

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Me and all my friends are going digital, although I do have a backup preorder on a physical one too so could change my mind.

fergosaurus

Debating whether to change my order to a digital version if the chance arises. The digital game prices was the reason I chose the disc version but I didn't realise the PSN store had sales so often.

Heardy

Debating whether to change my order to a digital version if the chance arises. The digital game prices was the reason I chose the disc version but I didn't realise the PSN store had sales so often.
Make sure you secure an order and have that confirmed before you change your current disc one. Rather than "convert" your current order and risk having some CS screw it up, try and get a digital one through the rumoured re-stock before amending your secured order.

fergosaurus

Make sure you secure an order and have that confirmed before you change your current disc one. Rather than "convert" your current order and risk having some CS screw it up, try and get a digital one through the rumoured re-stock before amending your secured order.
Cheers, I'll do that. Still haven't made it up mind but I'm 70/30 in favour of digital after thinking about it more.

Bojan11

Glad I ordered online rather than instore @esmufc07. With new restrictions coming probably, I don’t see how a midnight launch with lots of people gathering around can happen.

Adamsk7

Glad I ordered online rather than instore @esmufc07. With new restrictions coming probably, I don’t see how a midnight launch with lots of people gathering around can happen.
It won’t but all those companies do have online orders too. I ordered in store at game and asked the very same question and was told if that happened they would either invite people in at a scheduled time or they would ship to home.

Red_toad

Managed to get a preorder for December, hoping it’ll arrive at the start of the month. All preorders vanished in less than an hour in Aus. I can see a lot will be on eBay making some people an early Christmas bonus.
Wish I’d have had the time to order a few and end up with a free one out of profits made.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Wonder if Sony rushed out the pre order with knowledge of Microsoft’s big purchase.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Does anyone know when Amazon are likely to dispatch PS5s? I just want to make sure the cash is in my account when they take payment incase they cancel it on me or some shit.

I managed to secure a PS5 Pre order on Thursday morning on one bar reception of 4G in Enniskillen after getting hammered at a wedding the night before :annoyed:

I had Game, ShopTo, Argos, Amazon, Smyth's and Currys all on the go from 7 in the morning to no avail then amazon was the only one that didn't crash cos I had the app and their pre orders won't up in a timely manner. Phew!

shabz

Does anyone know when Amazon are likely to dispatch PS5s? I just want to make sure the cash is in my account when they take payment incase they cancel it on me or some shit.

I managed to secure a PS5 Pre order on Thursday morning on one bar reception of 4G in Enniskillen after getting hammered at a wedding the night before :annoyed:

I had Game, ShopTo, Argos, Amazon, Smyth's and Currys all on the go from 7 in the morning to no avail then amazon was the only one that didn't crash cos I had the app and their pre orders won't up in a timely manner. Phew!
They take payment when they dispatch, I'd say have the money in your account a week before the release date. I'm not sure Amazon would send the item earlier but just to be sure.

Bojan11

Developer Insomniac Games has confirmed some additional details on the upcoming remastered version of Spider-Man in response to fan questions on Twitter. Specifically, Insomniac detailed that the remastered version for Spider-Man will not be receiving a physical release for PS5, and will solely be a standalone digital title (and also is included with the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales). In addition, Insomniac also confirmed that save files from the original PS4 release won’t be supported or transferred, meaning you’ll have to start over if you’ve made any progress in the PS4 version.
https://www.dualshockers.com/marvels-spider-man-remastered-pshyical-release-save-transfer/

Tiber

Every few days I check my Argos account to make sure my order is still safe. They officially took the money today, so I guess that all is well

AaronRedDevil

GameStop ain’t taking anymore orders where I am. Got lucky with that at least. Can’t wait for the day.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So if you don't pre order when the feck can you get the ps5 in the UK? Just wondering why there's a mad sudden rush, is it like toilet roll that might be out of stock for a long while?