Gaming PlayStation 5

Tiber

So if you don't pre order when the feck can you get the ps5 in the UK? Just wondering why there's a mad sudden rush, is it like toilet roll that might be out of stock for a long while?
Amazon sold out in like 12 mins. Some stores should be able to offer more preorders, just need to keep a close eye out. And I imagine there will be a significant restock sometime between launch and Christmas.

But yes, they are currently much rarer than Toilet roll ever was

shabz

So if you don't pre order when the feck can you get the ps5 in the UK? Just wondering why there's a mad sudden rush, is it like toilet roll that might be out of stock for a long while?
I missed the PS4 launch and was able to pick one up in the January after the release. I dont think it will be too dissimilar again. I hope people who want one can get it asap though.

Tiber

:lol: next time randomly wake up at 4am and check Argos like everyone else!!!!!!

Nah i'm gutted that John Lewis screwed you over such a minor detail. I'm sure more preorders will turn up!

Last edited:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
So I just pre-ordered mine where I paid with a loan where I will pay around 15 pounds a month for it around 3 years. Zero rents. Fine enough for me.

Zen

I missed the PS4 launch and was able to pick one up in the January after the release. I dont think it will be too dissimilar again. I hope people who want one can get it asap though.
Was the PS4/Xbone that big of a deal for short supply?.... I remember just kinda buying both, easily. Then doing nothing will the PS4 for about 8 months really.

shabz

Was the PS4/Xbone that big of a deal for short supply?.... I remember just kinda buying both, easily. Then doing nothing will the PS4 for about 8 months really.
The PS4 was hard to come by due to its price from what I can remember, but think there is definitely more hype for the PS5.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Lockdown must have helped a shit tonne with interest for these. I’d barely touched a game for years til this happened.

Dave_MUFC

Lockdown must have helped a shit tonne with interest for these. I’d barely touched a game for years til this happened.
Definitely, most people in a position now where they can WFH, have more disposable income, and probably have restrictions on going out for months to come, means a lot more people would have time to pick up and play.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yeah consoles have been helped by the pandemic

The PlayStation 4 era may be winding down, but people are playing their consoles more than ever at home. Sony just announced as part of its first-quarter earnings that despite a 22 percent decrease in sales of hardware and packaged games, digital software sales are up 83 percent year-on-year, bringing in revenue of 395 trillion yen ($3.72 billion).

At 599 trillion yen ($5.65 billion), total PlayStation revenue was 36 percent higher than the same period last year and was the highest for any April-June quarter in PlayStation history.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/4/21353786/sony-ps4-sales-q1-earnings-2020

Microsoft has outlined its fourth-quarter earnings for its 2020 fiscal year, with company-wide revenue once again on the up, surpassing $38 billion. Gaming efforts were among standout successes, with current world events helping propel revenue up 64 percent year-over-year, or $1.3 billion.
https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-microsoft-q4-2020-earnings-gaming

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
@Bojan11 How do the CD keys things work on Playstation? I have always just bought directly off the store. Apologies if I'm asking the wrong person here, I just vaguely remember reading you mention them.

Bojan11

@Bojan11 How do the CD keys things work on Playstation? I have always just bought directly off the store. Apologies if I'm asking the wrong person here, I just vaguely remember reading you mention them.
Say if you want Demon Souls off the PSN store for £70.

https://www.shopto.net/en/sony-wallet-topup/

You buy the £80 wallet top up from them for £68. You can then use that £10 for the next game you want to buy. Or you can buy 2x£35 wallet tops which cost £59.70. So you save £10 rather than paying it direct on the store.

There’s a few other places that offer these prices, which I will link another day once I find them. CD keys for some odd reason have jacked up the prices on some of their cards. Some of the cards are missing too like £100, £70 and £60.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Say if you want Demon Souls off the PSN store for £70.

https://www.shopto.net/en/sony-wallet-topup/

You buy the £80 wallet top up from them for £68. You can then use that £10 for the next game you want to buy. Or you can buy 2x£35 wallet tops which cost £59.70. So you save £10 rather than paying it direct on the store.

There’s a few other places that offer these prices, which I will link another day once I find them. CD keys for some odd reason have jacked up the prices on some of their cards. Some of the cards are missing too like £100, £70 and £60.
Okay, this is good to know especially as I've gone for the digital PS5, cheers.

Bojan11

Aren’t they coming out simultaneously so why would they need to?
The people who buy PS4 version of Miles will be upgraded to PS5. But for the standard Spiderman you will need to buy the ultimate edition. Weird.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Is there any good reason to actually get this or the new XBox right away rather than just wait for a v2 when the overheating and other issues have undoubtedly reared its ugly heads and things like VR accessories are widely available? I get wanting to be at the forefront but especially with new consoles it seems like it kind of pays to wait a bit.