Gaming PlayStation 5

Bojan11

Cheapest nvme gen 4 is £100 for 500gb. 1TB tb £170. Literally no point in replacing one in the short term.
It also has to match the speeds of the PS5 SSD. Only one of them out so far and we don’t even know if that’s compatible.

MuFc_1992

Just cancelled my pre order of PS5 digital after looking at the prices of games in PS5 store. I'd rather wait 2-3 months and get the CD version.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It also has to match the speeds of the PS5 SSD. Only one of them out so far and we don’t even know if that’s compatible.
Is it the 980 pro that’s just been released? But yeah you’re right of course. May as well just get the expansion drive.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So, the SSD slot on the PS5 expands the storage on the system, rather than replacing it. Right?
I think you can buy official expandable storage iirc like on Xbox. Changing the actual ssd doesn’t make sense as there’s only one compatible ssd on the market now and it costs a lot of money.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Wish Sony would start explaining these things so people know! So much we still need to find out, hopefully they'll be more forthcoming in the next couple of weeks.

I don't follow Xbox as closely, have they revealed everything now? (other than gameplay footage)

Bojan11

Wish Sony would start explaining these things to people know! So much we still need to find out, hopefully they'll be more forthcoming in the next couple of weeks.

I don't follow Xbox as closely, have they revealed everything now? (other than gameplay footage)
Sony said they will give a list of compatible drives after launch. But as always you don’t pay attention.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Saw this on HUKD (Link) - Amazon are currently doing a £5 off £25 spend for Prime members using their mobile app. It works on pre-orders, got myself a £5 saving for Miles Morales :)

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
For those who’ve bought their PS5/Xbox with their Argos card, they’re pushing back the start of the BNPL to when you receive the console as opposed to when you bought it.

Woodzy

For those who’ve bought their PS5/Xbox with their Argos card, they’re pushing back the start of the BNPL to when you receive the console as opposed to when you bought it.
Got that e-mail this morning. Great news for my Series X purchase. Wish I managed to get PS5 on it as well though.

Bojan11

The PS5™ console is backward compatible with the overwhelming majority of PS4™ games. That means an amazing collection of thousands of PS4 games can be played on your PS5 console.

PS4 games playable on PS5 consoles
The overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 games are playable on PS5 consoles.
  • Select PS4 games will benefit from the PS5 console’s Game Boost, which may make PS4 games run with a higher or smoother frame rate.
  • Although many PS4 games are playable on PS5 consoles, some functionalities that were available on the PS4 console may not be available on PS5 consoles. In addition, some PS4 games may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior when played on PS5 consoles.
  • Before purchasing add-ons to play with your PS4 games on PS5 consoles, please try to boot and play your PS4 games on your PS5 console to see if you are happy with the play experience.
  • Please note, playing PS VR games on a PS5 console requires a PlayStation VR headset, a PS camera (sold separately from PS5 console) and a PS camera adaptor (no purchase required).
  • Always update your PS5 console to the latest version of the system software
PS4 only games
While the majority of PS4 games are playable on PS5 consoles, below is a list of PS4 games that are playable on PS4 only. On PlayStation™Store, PS4 games that are not playable on the PS5 console will be marked with ‘Playable on: PS4 only’.

PS4 only games:
DWVR
Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2
Just Deal With It!
Shadow Complex Remastered
Robinson: The Journey
We Sing
Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
Shadwen
Joe's Diner
Playing PS4 game discs on a PS5 console with a disc drive

1. Insert the PS4 game disc. You may need to download an update.
  2. Select the game hub from your Games home.
  3. You will need to keep the disc inserted each time to play the game.
PS4 game discs can’t be used with the PlayStation®5 Digital Edition.

Transfer digital games from a PS4 console to a PS5 console
  • You can transfer digital games and saved data from a PS4 console to a PS5 console using WiFi data transfer.
  • You can access PS4 games on a PS5 console directly from a PS5 extended storage drive.
Install a PS4 digital game on a PS5 console
  1. Select game library from your Games home.
  2. Select the game you want to play.
  3. If you haven't already downloaded the game, select Download.
  4. The game will install automatically. Depending on the game, you may have the option to copy and play a portion of the game right away.
Ridiculous I cannot play we sing on the PS5. Jim has lost the plot @esmufc07.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Saw this on HUKD (Link) - Amazon are currently doing a £5 off £25 spend for Prime members using their mobile app. It works on pre-orders, got myself a £5 saving for Miles Morales :)
Done the same. Still think it's overpriced and I notice that the PS4 version is priced the same presumably because if it was cheaper everyone would just get that and upgrade?

Still waiting for a decent enough price on Demons Souls for me to bite.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah i got it too despite my complaining, but feck sake there's nothing else to get on release so it was either that or cancel my pre-order.. and well.. I have FOMO.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wonder how that will work for online games, not only the frame-rate advantage but the starkly asynchronous loading times if a PS4 matched a PS5.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Anyone know when the new ps5 games will be up for presale on the ps store?

Tiber

You can play every PS4 game except

DWVR
Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2
Just Deal With It!
Shadow Complex Remastered
Robinson: The Journey
We Sing
Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
Shadwen
Joe's Diner